Group Threads Club, Large Multi-Region Group, "Squad" Discussions

del Sol thread v 2.0!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 11:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: del Sol Owner's Club Thread v 2.0!

Originally Posted by Eran
Cars look hella trashy with no fender liners. Only exception is if you're so damn low you can't even notice.
in which specific way do they look trashy?

and is this low enough?

Old 05-06-2009, 11:26 PM
HT White Ops

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No, that's nowhere near low enough to warrant removing your fender liners.

And trashy in the way that you can see behind the bumper and up into the fender and it just gets dirty and gross.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hmm

well I clean the wheel wells so yea

anyway, one of these days if I can ever afford some paint, i'm getting new fenders and i'll get some fender liners too.

i removed them because I used to have 17's and they rubbed the fender liner and tore it up while i was driving once.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:33 PM
HT White Ops

Originally Posted by xtblursol
I never did get the whole division with Body kits or No body kits. Whatever happend with "to each his own" We are all in the same game, car customizing and deserve the same respect weather we are low budget, high budget, kit or no kit.
We are not all in the same game. People have created a rift, separating the so-called men and the boys.

There are people who modify their car because it's a phase, or a cry for attention, etc. These kids are poseurs, and eventually grow out of it, buy Subaru's or SUV's, and then post in GDD about how gay all the Honda ***s are.

Then, there are the die-hard dedicated Honda heads. We live, breathe, eat, sleep our cars. We are constantly changing things, tweaking our cars, tracking them, buying rare parts, trading, scheming, etc. We are true enthusiasts and we do what we want, how we want. We don't answer to anyone's desires but our own.

So what side are you on?
Old 05-06-2009, 11:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are not all in the same game. People have created a rift, separating the so-called men and the boys.

There are people who modify their car because it's a phase, or a cry for attention, etc. These kids are poseurs, and eventually grow out of it, buy Subaru's or SUV's, and then post in GDD about how gay all the Honda ***s are.

Then, there are the die-hard dedicated Honda heads. We live, breathe, eat, sleep our cars. We are constantly changing things, tweaking our cars, tracking them, buying rare parts, trading, scheming, etc. We are true enthusiasts and we do what we want, how we want. We don't answer to anyone's desires but our own.

So what side are you on?
relax bro lol
Old 05-06-2009, 11:39 PM
HT White Ops

Originally Posted by yESSSmAn
relax bro lol
I'm chill, 'bro' ... just zoning out listening to some Joe Jackson.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm chill, 'bro' ... just zoning out listening to some Joe Jackson.
i feel it lol
i was jus reading iit and how i read it ,,it sounded pretty intense but funny at the same time lol
Honda-Tech Member

So true.

I hate how the people who throw big chrome rims on their Civics and other things like that act like we're all the same.

They always say the same thing too... "i'm using my car to express myself". I don't understand how an "expression of one's self" equates to huge chrome wheels, 3 foot wings, and vents in every body panel of the car. All that tells me is they're just as tacky of people as their car is.
HT White Ops

Sounds like you're putting an emphasis on my words that simply isn't there.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by yESSSmAn
so if I switch to 205 / 40 / 17 in the read witch I plan to do tomarro ,, will I still need my fenders rolled? Becuz I'm trying to adoid haveing to do that
people will tell you diff stories (as you can see in earlier posts), but i had no problems with rubbing. i had h&r race and my rear was lower than my front (which is weird, since the fronts are rated to go lower..) and the only time i rubbed was when i did a tight U turn and those were my fronts.

keep in mind your offset as well. i had a +45. again, IMO, if you really want to keep the wheels then roll fender. but if you see yourself getting newer rims which for sure wont rub (15s or 16s with proper tires)..then just bite the bullet, run on steelies or wutever and save yourself the time and use that money to invest in the new wheels.

i agree to some degree what eran has to say about the true enthusiast vs temporary, but a good rule i always followed is: if your gonna do something, do it right the first time. and sometimes your gonna learn through trial and error.

again, your car is off to a good start so do what you want in the end *thumbs up*
Old 05-07-2009, 03:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

alright my car is basically done. All I'm waiting for is my new VIS oem cf hood....hopefully will be here friday so I can take it to the show (even though its suppose to rain). If not I will drive it without a hood I guess. Oh and yesterday I got in a set of Honda center caps and put in my Rotas (yes I have rotas still cause I can't justify spending millions of dollars on wheels but eventually that will become a priority to me just not at this time....one thing at a time). Anyway they look really sick IMO. Anyway here's a completed pic just not with the new hood yet.

Old 05-07-2009, 06:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by delslo93
alright my car is basically done. All I'm waiting for is my new VIS oem cf hood....hopefully will be here friday so I can take it to the show (even though its suppose to rain). If not I will drive it without a hood I guess. Oh and yesterday I got in a set of Honda center caps and put in my Rotas (yes I have rotas still cause I can't justify spending millions of dollars on wheels but eventually that will become a priority to me just not at this time....one thing at a time). Anyway they look really sick IMO. Anyway here's a completed pic just not with the new hood yet.

[IMG]http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q207/delslo93/oamsda.jpg[IMG]
Wow that looks awesome!!

Old 05-07-2009, 06:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

my sol at vegas
Old 05-07-2009, 06:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

something missing...
Old 05-07-2009, 06:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by vadimkag
something missing...
Yep he missed editing his plate out in the first pic.

Its ok I have already saved it

Needs m0ar low too.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Lol
Old 05-07-2009, 08:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by LsDecepticon

my sol at vegas
Ish is sick man! Love the old school 215's A's on the TL-S wheel copy? Some Wedsport copy? Hope I can attend this next year, will be quite the drive.

And for ****s sake what is w/ the abundance of preschool kids popping up in the Del Sol thread ( who are on the level of a middle schooler ). I feel like I want to gouge my eye's out if I periodically check this thread.

Last edited by Grams0wnsyouz99*; 05-07-2009 at 08:20 AM.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

those arnt tl-s wheels silly they are wedsport tc005's

needs a bigger front mount.. looks kinda odd with that big gap above the intercooler
Old 05-07-2009, 08:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

^Yeah that's exactly what I was gonna say.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

that's exacly what I ment... Lol
Old 05-07-2009, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
yea

do you still have the plastic wheel-well covers or did you remove them?
Anyone have a set of these? (Wheel well covers) I'm looking for some.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Junk yard for cheep, dealer wants $90 for one.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:58 AM

So what side are you on?
I'm on my side. I have been putting together honda's since my Jr year in Highschool in 96 and i have had this sol for 7 years now. (started as a shell) I think that gereralizing people in the 2 ways you have done above is completley irrational. You are right there are those who switch over and bash hondas, but there is a greater amount that switch over due to convenience, lifestyle shift (selling their sol for a hatch for space) ECT. I can say this because I Also own a 07 Chevy Avalanche as a daily driver and i'm not posting how hondas are gay.

When I started fixing up cars in 96 It was a Phase for me, I was a kid trying to stand out at school with my car trying to be cool. It eventualy turned into a passion, more so because of the bonds & friends i have made thru it in the last 13 years.

I got no time to be judging people and being upset about it as you seem to be. Let it go. Talk about creating a rift, People like you are who created that rift!
Old 05-07-2009, 09:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by xtblursol
Anyone have a set of these? (Wheel well covers) I'm looking for some.
I have a set and might part with them if the price is right.

Other wise Ill probably put them back on my car.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by vadimkag
Junk yard for cheep, dealer wants $90 for one.
Yeah i found that out I might just have to cash out at the dealer because I have not found any junkyards my way having a Sol.

Quick Reply: del Sol thread v 2.0!