Group Threads Club, Large Multi-Region Group, "Squad" Discussions

del Sol thread v 2.0!

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 07:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (RARE_EG2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RARE_EG2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

me? nah, im cool </TD></TR></TABLE>

Jimmy wont do it because it's functional...hahahaha
Old 11-07-2008, 07:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so, last night i finished putting my car back together after replacing the head gasket and removing the block guard which i suspected was causing my high temp problems.

unfortunately. that hardly changed my coolant temps at all. i'm pretty upset that nothing changed, but ive got a few more ideas hopefully.

if i can't solve the problem, i've been thinking about putting the whole motor setup up for trade for a stock gsr + cash or something.
Old 11-07-2008, 07:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (WrongWD)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by WrongWD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so, last night i finished putting my car back together after replacing the head gasket and removing the block guard which i suspected was causing my high temp problems.

unfortunately. that hardly changed my coolant temps at all. i'm pretty upset that nothing changed, but ive got a few more ideas hopefully.

if i can't solve the problem, i've been thinking about putting the whole motor setup up for trade for a stock gsr + cash or something.</TD></TR></TABLE>What thermostat are you using? I would just go over the whole system for leaks and bottlenecks since you will probably have done that by guessing and checking a few things
Old 11-07-2008, 07:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (imm0rt41)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by imm0rt41 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What thermostat are you using? I would just go over the whole system for leaks and bottlenecks since you will probably have done that by guessing and checking a few things </TD></TR></TABLE>

mugen thermostat. no leaks; ive been over this whole cooling system a million times now next step is to take out the pass. side aux light and make some ducting to direct air directly to the radiator. i may also remove some fins on the FMIC to promote more airflow. finally, i wanna get a bigger spal fan with a shroud. if that doesn't do it, i'm done with boost.

oh, i also think the tune might be retarding the timing too much, making it run hot. we'll see

Modified by WrongWD at 8:54 AM 11/7/2008
Old 11-07-2008, 07:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by WrongWD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

mugen thermostat. no leaks; ive been over this whole cooling system a million times now next step is to take out the pass. side aux light and make some ducting to direct air directly to the radiator. i may also remove some fins on the FMIC to promote more airflow. finally, i wanna get a bigger spal fan with a shroud. if that doesn't do it, i'm done with boost.

oh, i also think the tune might be retarding the timing too much, making it run hot. we'll see

Modified by WrongWD at 8:54 AM 11/7/2008</TD></TR></TABLE>Despite the ugly factor, do you think a vented hood might lower your bay temps a bit?
Old 11-07-2008, 07:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ianae86)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ianae86 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Makes sense to me, lol.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

thats a cute tickle fight.. haha
Old 11-07-2008, 08:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (RARE_EG2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RARE_EG2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">in order for that thing to work as a wind brake, its gonna have to kick up alot higher than that pic you posted for it to make a difference..

why not just make it kick up as you accelerate? like the Porsche's </TD></TR></TABLE>

i was plannung on making it go up alot higher.

as for kickin up when you accelerate like porches, porches are RWD therefor putting downforce on the rear wheel = better traction greatter acceleration

del sol = FWD. putting down force on the rear wheel would cause the front wheels to loose traction= less acceleration and more spinning

as for the aeromotion spoiliers i look at it but with my cf trunk id be afraid it rip my trunk like off my car
Old 11-07-2008, 08:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by WrongWD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

mugen thermostat. no leaks; ive been over this whole cooling system a million times now next step is to take out the pass. side aux light and make some ducting to direct air directly to the radiator. i may also remove some fins on the FMIC to promote more airflow. finally, i wanna get a bigger spal fan with a shroud. if that doesn't do it, i'm done with boost.</TD></TR></TABLE>

X2 with the mugen thermo
I actually took it out for a while but didn't like how temps fluctuated so put it back in, but it did lower temps
Also I have it looped with no heater core so there really is no point in having it

This past weekend I had some issues myself because there was a pinhole leak one of my hoses (the looped from the pump to the head, not the major ones going to the radiaotr) that was spraying coolant all over the bay

replaced the hose but it was a PITA to refill the system and get all the air bubbles out...
for some reason i don't think the thermo was opening at all even at temps well above what it takes to open....i felt the lower hose and still felt cold...so the entire system wasn't circulating properly allowing air pockets to remain trapped

maybe because the the weather outside was so cold since I was doing this all at night outside.
Did my best but there was still an airpocket driving home and was datalogging (on my laptop with a dead battery which was also annoying) to keep track of ECTs and the got really high well above 200 when usually its always under...mostly likely because of teh airpocket

let it sit overnight and refilled as much as I could (should of added wetter but just added water instead) and took it out for a drive and ECTs were better now (~185)...guess it just took time...hope I didn't hurt it the night before with such high temps

oh and also my IAT was reading below 50 and in the "redzone"
having it high is definitely not good but don't think having it that cold can bee so good...maybe i have to put a filter on my stack or add a piece of carboard to turn CAI into SRI
low temps are good on high hp boost cars (like 68deg on my buddies 815whp water to air set up ) but not on a street car in cold weather

but ya, one reason or a con I see about boost and reluctant to go that route is high temps in general
with my bumper and huge opening, i get fine radiator flow (specially cause its primary and not secondary like with an FMIC) and have a fluidyne but want a bigger fan still

when i first did the swap i had an intercooler sprayer mounted to my stock rad lol (it was more like a purge i tried to put to use)

also my friends peakboosted tucked eg mounted his fan on the opposite side to try and keep it clean and when i didn't have the heat blasted in the car, the temps shot up (it also had to do with doing consecutive runs down the track but still)
Old 11-07-2008, 08:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (imm0rt41)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by imm0rt41 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Despite the ugly factor, do you think a vented hood might lower your bay temps a bit?</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah... ive thought about it. its already raised in the rear which is ugly enough lol

yeah will, my temps are around 200. lol at your friend's IATs, i thought mine were good at ~100-110! lol
Old 11-07-2008, 08:11 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by WrongWD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">mugen thermostat. no leaks; ive been over this whole cooling system a million times now next step is to take out the pass. side aux light and make some ducting to direct air directly to the radiator. i may also remove some fins on the FMIC to promote more airflow. finally, i wanna get a bigger spal fan with a shroud. if that doesn't do it, i'm done with boost.

oh, i also think the tune might be retarding the timing too much, making it run hot. we'll see</TD></TR></TABLE>

Did you try driving it around without a front bumper?

How hot is it running?
Old 11-07-2008, 08:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ianae86)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ianae86 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Pssssh, I've been sold out over a year and am just BARELY under you </TD></TR></TABLE>
I'm rarely on H-T, and I'm still in the top 5...

Morning ******.
Old 11-07-2008, 08:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Might sell my XBOX 360, anyone interested? Three controllers, extra battery packs, few typical games (gears, gta, etc)
Old 11-07-2008, 08:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Hater)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hater &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Might sell my XBOX 360, anyone interested? Three controllers, extra battery packs, few typical games (gears, gta, etc) </TD></TR></TABLE>
$1 + free shipping.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by WrongWD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah... ive thought about it. its already raised in the rear which is ugly enough lol</TD></TR></TABLE>
Maybe a better fan and/or radiator? What setup are you running now?
Old 11-07-2008, 09:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (james p.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by james p. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Did you try driving it around without a front bumper?

How hot is it running? </TD></TR></TABLE>

that's the next plan of action. fluctuates between 192 and 208.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by skip.two &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Maybe a better fan and/or radiator? What setup are you running now?</TD></TR></TABLE>

PWR aluminum radiator with a no-name fan. gonna step it up to a SPAL soon though.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (skip.two)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hater &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Might sell my XBOX 360, anyone interested? Three controllers, extra battery packs, few typical games (gears, gta, etc)</TD></TR></TABLE>

$2 and I'll pay shipping.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SOLITUDE)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hater &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Might sell my XBOX 360, anyone interested? Three controllers, extra battery packs, few typical games (gears, gta, etc)</TD></TR></TABLE>

$5 + Ill pay shipping.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by WrongWD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">that's the next plan of action. fluctuates between 192 and 208.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Have you tried moving to a colder climate?

Crap, someone cover me for ownage.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'll cover.

Crazy fast/clean sol for sale

The link.
http://www.hondamarketplace.com/zerothread/2354433
Old 11-07-2008, 11:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (.Sarge.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .Sarge. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Have you tried moving to a colder climate?

Crap, someone cover me for ownage. </TD></TR></TABLE>

actually, yeah! lol it ran just as hot in seattle

btw, santa barbara isn't hot. summers rarely break 80s, and it's been in the low 40s at night here this week
Old 11-07-2008, 11:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SOLITUDE)

morning ******

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SOLITUDE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
thats true but your also trying to sell us all your ****.. LOL
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Who me?!?! never

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2423722

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ianae86 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Pssssh, I've been sold out over a year and am just BARELY under you </TD></TR></TABLE>

I assume you're either being sarcastic or that's a drunk post LOL

so miata I was going after got sold last night

3 times in a row where I've either gone or been about to go to trade my car and it's gone before I even get to it still on the look out though....considering putting the hatch back to stock, trying to get 2K OBO for it and sell off the turbo setup, cargo cover, etc.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i say do a sidemount

works for me

anybody ever see a bys style lip on a dolphin front sol? im thinking about making one myself similar to them

hey sean how much shipd 2 49015 for the sol tails?
Old 11-07-2008, 12:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by WrongWD
PWR aluminum radiator with a no-name fan. gonna step it up to a SPAL soon though.
Yes, a better fan may help. SPAL's run at 1300CFM?
Old 11-07-2008, 12:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Hater)

Originally Posted by Hater
Might sell my XBOX 360, anyone interested? Three controllers, extra battery packs, few typical games (gears, gta, etc)
Fine fine.. $6 +
Old 11-07-2008, 12:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (skip.two)

Originally Posted by skip.two
Yes, a better fan may help. SPAL's run at 1300CFM?
wow , really?

i think i'm going to order one now
Old 11-07-2008, 12:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mugen-k)

i destroyed my thermo test today...

Old 11-07-2008, 01:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

What lip is that?

Quick Reply: del Sol thread v 2.0!