Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 01:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (broketuner-Sol_Si)

wow that is a story Sean..
Didn't do **** myself just took it easy last night
just played some COD4

and true all this talk about paint.. I have to do it again myself..
But I'm just staying with my white..
and going back to stock mirrors and trunk and hood

Modified by SOLITUDE at 6:52 PM 9/21/2008
Old 09-21-2008, 02:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (osnapiheartthat2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by osnapiheartthat2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The corner lights were busted in an accident and the bulbs/harnesses/whatever for them came out in all the madness. he has the amber corners themselves now, but i cant remember what he needs to get the actual lights. is it a harness with the bulbs attached, just a socket, or what? i cant remember, and Majestic diagrams arent helping.

Im about to go crazy trying to remember! lol anybody a picture of what i need... or better yet, have what i need for sale?</TD></TR></TABLE>HALP!

lol i know you guys know this, or it would take ya 5 seconds to go peek under the hood for me. pweaaaase!
Old 09-21-2008, 03:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i dont really get what you are asking but ill give it a shoot. there is the harness with a clip on it&gt;a detachable socket&gt;the bulb.

is that what you wanted?

Modified by ian_b16 at 4:28 PM 9/21/2008
Old 09-21-2008, 03:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ian_b16)

Indey you have pm
Old 09-21-2008, 03:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (del_barry)

3 minutes old

Modified by yoRt at 4:56 PM 9/21/2008
Old 09-21-2008, 04:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by osnapiheartthat2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

edit - uh oh... ownage. teaser of the new ride

</TD></TR></TABLE>

! Welcome to the club!

So what trim is that/mileage?!
Old 09-21-2008, 04:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (sohc95vtec-t)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sohc95vtec-t &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">gunna be the hottest thing to hit the east coast </TD></TR></TABLE>

Hope I dont let ya down
Old 09-21-2008, 04:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (memphisraines26)

Hey does anyone know where the relay for the hazard flashers is on there del sol?
Think i blew it trying to hook up my side markers.

sorry for the small pics but i though it was to the right of the green dash connector where there is nothing, but its empty and was working.

also does anyone know what switch goes on the far left on the dash.
I have a blank then my cruise control, then other side is defronst then hazards.

I am hoping its fog lights so i might find a button for it.
again sorry for the small pic.

Modified by B00M3R at 1:21 AM 9/22/2008
Old 09-21-2008, 04:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (B00M3R)

the button for 93-95 sols is for the aux lights, if i was going 2 do something like u did, the ek fogs in your front, i would use the aux light switch 2 keep it factory looking
Old 09-21-2008, 04:47 PM

My car is done, and being brought to me tonight.
Old 09-21-2008, 04:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Nysh)

finally took some new pics of the front bumper

Old 09-21-2008, 04:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Nysh)

Can someone please fill me in and tell me where I can get the gray and green del sol floormats? Geezz I can't find them anywhere! Discontinued??
Old 09-21-2008, 05:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (jays01)

ddin't you do your fogs green?
Old 09-21-2008, 05:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (yoRt)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by yoRt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the button for 93-95 sols is for the aux lights, if i was going 2 do something like u did, the ek fogs in your front, i would use the aux light switch 2 keep it factory looking </TD></TR></TABLE>

X2
you have an original 96-97 with no aux lights so you don't have that button
and I also agree about getting an aux light switch to keep it looking oem
I might have mine for sale once and if I ever get the rhd hazard and defroster switch

Sorry to hear you blew a fuse BOOM3R
I went through a couple of fuses too when I first hooked up my fogs and rear license plate filler lights cause I didn't really hook them up in the greatest way (no relay )
I just plugged a bigger fuse in and worked but made me nervous about wires over heating and thought I could smell electrical burn in the car so I just unhooked them until I could rewire them correctly

after doing the calculations with how much extra wattage the fog lights were adding and how much more amperage being drawn through the wires I was lucky I didn't melt my wires and have to redo my whole harness

edit for ownage:

old cheap fogs

but at least they had good yellow light output that I wanted

new jdm eg2 fogs

perfect fit:

want oem yellow stanley lenses as well, but keeping my clears to switch back to see which one I like better
or in the meantime I might just put yellow bulbs in to see if I want/like the yellow light or the white light better
its a combo of lense color and light color that I have to decide which I like better...

Modified by mugen-k at 9:14 PM 9/21/2008
Old 09-21-2008, 05:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (2.0 and up)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2.0 and up &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Can someone please fill me in and tell me where I can get the gray and green del sol floormats? Geezz I can't find them anywhere! Discontinued?? </TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah as far as I know all del sol specific parts are no longer in production and it's just what the dealers have in stock
Old 09-21-2008, 05:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (yoRt)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by yoRt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the button for 93-95 sols is for the aux lights, if i was going 2 do something like u did, the ek fogs in your front, i would use the aux light switch 2 keep it factory looking </TD></TR></TABLE>

exactly what i was thinking.

anyone got an extra switch or know where to look?
Old 09-21-2008, 05:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mugen-k)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mugen-k &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

X2
you have an original 96-97 with no aux lights so you don't have that button
and I also agree about getting an aux light switch to keep it looking oem
I might have mine for sale once and if I ever get the rhd hazard and defroster switch

Sorry to hear you blew a fuse BOOM3R
I went through a couple of fuses too when I first hooked up my fogs and rear license plate filler lights cause I didn't really hook them up in the greatest way (no relay )
I just plugged a bigger fuse in and worked but made me nervous about wires over heating and thought I could smell electrical burn in the car so I just unhooked them until I could rewire them correctly

after doing the calculations with how much extra wattage the fog lights were adding and how much more amperage being drawn through the wires I was lucky I didn't melt my wires and have to redo my whole harness </TD></TR></TABLE>

Its not a fuse cause I checked all of them, it must be the relay. I think its built into the hazard switch but am not sure. can you verify this?

is this the turn signal relay?

in my civic its next to the dash connector where there is nothing in my sol.

Old 09-21-2008, 05:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by broketuner-Sol_Si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ddin't you do your fogs green?</TD></TR></TABLE>
just one of my spares to see what it looked like

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B00M3R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

exactly what i was thinking.

anyone got an extra switch or know where to look?</TD></TR></TABLE>
if your looking for the aux light switch i have one
Old 09-21-2008, 05:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B00M3R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Its not a fuse cause I checked all of them, it must be the relay. I think its built into the hazard switch but am not sure. can you verify this?

is this the turn signal relay?</TD></TR></TABLE>

the turn signal relay should be under the driver side dash it should say flasher on the top i think its grey but it might be black
Old 09-21-2008, 05:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: FV-QR (ian_b16)

For PA_MATT

meant to post these a while ago but forgot

I thought I'd try out led bulbs for my EDM cluster

not really happy with the color since I wanted super white and thats the color I ordered and everything but they came out blue (which look kind of indiglo ricey imo)...but they are bright...

I figured leds would give out bright light output (which is why I got them and make every part of the gauge light up versus only some of it (specially on the edm speedo casue the 240 goes way to the bottom and the light doesn't reach if if you know what i'm talking about)

I think it might have something to do with with the cluster because I put the same LEDs in my climate control and they came out white, the color I wanted

(i know the start button doesn't match but I'll fix that as well)

here's a shot from far away to see the difference in the two

oh and for some reason I couldn't fit put in an LED bulb into the socket that lights up the fuel level/temperature part of the gauge for some reason cause they bulbs are really high for some reason

you can see its still oem white over there:

Old 09-21-2008, 05:26 PM

Hola!

My stupid ethernet network adapter got fried the other night during a thunderstorm, so now I have no internet Sucks. My camera is also broken. And my phone won't charge and therefore is useless to me...im experiencing an electronic failure! Im at ana's house right now using her computer...

haven't had a chance to take any daytime pics, due to broken camera, but here are some of the install and some in the dark, from ana's camera

EDIT: I know about the stupid bugs. The car was washed, its just that my paint is f*cked, it was like that when i got the car, and im not gonna re-spray until i have a garage. hopefully next winter.
Old 09-21-2008, 05:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ian_b16)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ian_b16 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i dont really get what you are asking but ill give it a shoot. there is the harness with a clip on it&gt;a detachable socket&gt;the bulb.

is that what you wanted?</TD></TR></TABLE>yeah, basically in a nutshell thats what i wanted, thanks! <TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ianae86 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

! Welcome to the club!

So what trim is that/mileage?!</TD></TR></TABLE>ooooooooh, a vert! nice! mines a 93 N/A... but rockin a pop charger, 2.5" greddy catback with sexy burnt tips, Z1 ECU, stillen sways, ES bushings all around, etc - so even N/A, it'll get up to speed relatively quickly. Helluva lot more tq than the sol had, which is refreshing. 149k mi, running like a champ. 6000k HIDs and 3000k fogs are on their way... currently looking for some wheels.
Old 09-21-2008, 05:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jays01 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

the turn signal relay should be under the driver side dash it should say flasher on the top i think its grey but it might be black</TD></TR></TABLE>
I looked for it but cant see anything that looks like a flasher.
is it by the ecu?
Old 09-21-2008, 05:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I looked for it but cant see anything that looks like a flasher.
is it by the ecu?</TD></TR></TABLE>

its a lil gray or black box the a plug going to it with a coulpe of wires it should be right by the main realy if you know were that is, i believe its right behind the fuse box assembally on the driveside wall
Old 09-21-2008, 05:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

heres what it should look like

Quick Reply: del Sol thread v 2.0!