Group Threads Club, Large Multi-Region Group, "Squad" Discussions

del Sol thread v 2.0!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 09:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (Mwsol)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mwsol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">91 Si.

I don't know what to do... lol</TD></TR></TABLE>Get some konis and ground controls and slam that bitch for starters
Old 09-15-2008, 09:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Hater)

Originally Posted by Hater
Hot, hot hot... Everything I've tried to be is on those pages.
youre pretty much already there

Always appreciate random pics of my car showing up.
you know we never get tired of it

Evening friends.

On the real vs debate thread, lets just admit that everyone has something that they are enthusiastic about. None of us judge you on what you spend your money on, so don't judge us.

Also, consider that owning a rare Mugen part is like owning a piece of history, a rare piece of art, or a rare baseball card. The value is there because of the perceived value that a community of other enthusiasts believe it to be. It's a balance between personal taste being the guy that has that cool thing. People want what other people can't have, sometimes for no other reason than being the guy that has it.

I guess what I'm saying is that whatever the reason, the fact remains that everyone has their opinion and everyone is entitled to exactly that. It's when someone steps on the toes of someone else's opinion when feelings get hurt.

Btw

I think as you mature, you'll find that there is something to be said for having a bit of brand loyalty. I know I've said this before, but I'm an advocate for cheap duplicated fiberglass Mugen parts as long as they are replicated as closely as possible. Logically why not get the same exact thing for less money? Fiberglass is meant to be inexpensive to create, to repair, and to replace as a consumer. The problems arise from the quality of the fiber, the overall quality of construction, and when the owner calls a replica an authentic piece (which happens a lot with high dollar items that are easily duplicated for cheap, like designer purses. )

Since we're giving opinions here Sean, it sounds like you're hating on Mugen because you're a broke tuner, and it's easier to hate something you can't afford than it is to admit that maybe you're not where you'd like to be yet. We've all been there, so you can let your guard down and we will man hug you.
VERY WELL PUT!!

Wow... You know how I feel about these, and I'm so happy for you that you have them. They will look super amazing on your car bro... Wow...

Did you notice that the NR10R's in the catalog on the pro.3 had the NR10 center caps on them? They look like nr10r's anyways, but the resolution is pretty small.

Anyways... Wow... So proud of you and how far you've come.

Modified by Hater at 11:12 PM 9/15/2008
thanks alot John, i appreciate the kind words ..i think theyll look good on the car, being a light colored wheel, and so far, light colored wheels have worked well with my car(at least i think so)..

but you know, i REALLY hate the fact that i have the 2 missing pieces to your Mugen EG2 puzzle ..one of these days we'll be able to complete it ..just be patient and you will be one of the very few, if not, the only rolling Mugen EG2 catalog car

i did notice that the NR10R's had caps in them while on the Mugen EG2 pictured, although, it looks to be as if theyre teal..and i believe the regular NR10 teal center caps fit the NR10R's..but i personally wouldnt put center caps on mine, due to the fact that they were designed to be track wheel, etc..
Old 09-15-2008, 09:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (imm0rt41)

ppl already using KASH pics for avatars lol

http://www.houston-imports.com...ge=62

and to many ballers on here
Old 09-15-2008, 09:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (RARE_EG2)

no mugen here ... feel free to donate...

Old 09-15-2008, 10:06 PM

Those rims look straight baller.
Old 09-15-2008, 10:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (KhanhCord)

Old 09-15-2008, 10:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Fake)

my car..........

what ya think so far? one month of work so far....

pics taken from cell. sorry

Exterior;

- Omni power drag coilover kit
- 92-95 SI/EX front lip
- Oem honda mud gaurds
- 15" white BuddyClub +35 offest SF P1's
- Front license plate filler cap (sambra green)
- Etc...... theres more i think?

Modified by pinoy2o9 at 11:29 PM 9/15/2008

Modified by pinoy2o9 at 11:37 PM 9/15/2008
Old 09-15-2008, 10:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (pinoy2o9)

lo0ks nice from what i can tell ... always liked samba ..
Old 09-15-2008, 10:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RARE_EG2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i think theyll look good on the car, being a light colored wheel, and so far, light colored wheels have worked well with my car(at least i think so)..

just be patient and you will be one of the very few, if not, the only rolling Mugen EG2 catalog car
</TD></TR></TABLE>

agree about the light wheels, which is why the white mf10ls were my favorite and why the switch over to the complete opposite day tonight diamond blk re's was such a big shock figured those gold ones if you're were going RE30 if anything

but like you said, the race aggressive look for sure (although the ideal color for race wheels is brake dust color isn't it so it doesn't show up? LOL)

Have a sudden fascination/appreciation with diamond black volks all of the sudden as well...

I don't think I could ever do black or time attack or time attack on mine as it would just look funny imo, closest I could go is bronze...think I have a better chance with something bring and blinging polished or even anniversary or J's blue than anything dark..

silvers too plain, but white really interests me now for the whole white on white look, which before I didn't like, or white wheels in general...(white TEs on a EBP em1 might of been one of the cars that convinced me other wise)

for doing a catalogue build and to have all the items in one car

mugen would be proud and flattered you took it this far

who else can say that they have done that with ANY aftermarket company? (spoon, j's, ARC, etc) very few I assume...

must be tough though to stay with in the "limitations" of the book and like jimmy said, like trying to find each and every part to complete it....

guess that goes with ALL collections though right? having only 99% is worst than having only 50%...all or nothing kind of thing...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hater &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Hot, hot hot... Everything I've tried to be is on those pages. </TD></TR></TABLE>
RHD coming?

Modified by mugen-k at 2:37 AM 9/16/2008
Old 09-15-2008, 10:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Fake &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ppl already using KASH pics for avatars lol

and to many ballers on here </TD></TR></TABLE>

Us plain workin folk are still in here...

Iono Jimmy u r my boi but I am not feeling those wheels at all...I guess I just hate em as much as that "JDM green on Hondas" My 2 cents are that if those wheels werent worth a cent and everyone had em they wouldnt be as hyped up... MF10L's&gt;NR10R's rock em for a bit...slang em...finish wat u got sitting and call it a day...

Old 09-15-2008, 10:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mugen-k)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mugen-k &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">agree about the light wheels, which is why the white mf10ls were my favorite and why the switch over to the complete opposite day tonight diamond blk re's was such a big shock figured those gold ones if you're were going RE30 if anything

but like you said, the race aggressive look for sure (although the ideal color for race wheels is brake dust color isn't it so it doesn't show up? LOL)

Have a sudden fascination/appreciation with diamond black volks all of the sudden as well...

I don't think I could ever do black or time attack or time attack on mine as it would just look funny imo, closest I could go is bronze...think I have a better chance with something bring and blinging polished or even anniversary or J's blue than anything dark..

silvers too plain, but white really interests me now for the whole white on white look, which before I didn't like, or white wheels in general...(white TEs on a EBP em1 might of been one of the cars that convinced me other wise)

for doing a catalogue build and to have all the items in one car

mugen would be proud and flattered you took it this far

who else can say that they have done that with ANY aftermarket company? (spoon, j's, ARC, etc) very few I assume...

must be tough though to stay with in the "limitations" of the book and like jimmy said, like trying to find each and every part to complete it....

guess that goes with ALL collections though right? having only 99% is worst than having only 50%...all or nothing kind of thing...</TD></TR></TABLE>

haha yeah man, the black was something ive always wanted to try..like ive said, ive always had light wheels, and wanted something thatll completely change the look of the car..bronze wouldve been cool, but wouldnt clash right with the gold paint IMO

the Time Attack is cool, but kinda played out..i do like the Matte Black though, and before Diamond Black, i wanted Matte Black, but i figured theyd be a bitch to clean lol..im happy now that i went with the Diamond Black though..looks really good in person, i think

i like the way your car looks with the gold, but i do think bronze would look good too

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by del Slo SiR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Iono Jimmy u r my boi but I am not feeling those wheels at all...I guess I just hate em as much as that "JDM green on Hondas" My 2 cents are that if those wheels werent worth a cent and everyone had em they wouldnt be as hyped up... MF10L's&gt;NR10R's rock em for a bit...slang em...finish wat u got sitting and call it a day...</TD></TR></TABLE>

its cool, theyre not for everyone
after the RE's, i couldnt see myself going back to the MF10L's, so theres no point for me to keep them..and ive always wanted the NR10R's, happened to finally come across a set, and had to have them

Old 09-15-2008, 11:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i got a CTR ecu if anyone is interested
Old 09-15-2008, 11:37 PM

All this talk of Mugen.

I one day aspire to own Rotas.
Old 09-15-2008, 11:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RARE_EG2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

haha yeah man, the black was something ive always wanted to try..like ive said, ive always had light wheels, and wanted something thatll completely change the look of the car..bronze wouldve been cool, but wouldnt clash right with the gold paint IMO

the Time Attack is cool, but kinda played out..i do like the Matte Black though, and before Diamond Black, i wanted Matte Black, but i figured theyd be a bitch to clean lol..im happy now that i went with the Diamond Black though..looks really good in person, i think

i like the way your car looks with the gold, but i do think bronze would look good too

</TD></TR></TABLE>

you're probably right about bronze clashing, but not as much as gold though would right?

you gold does have a bronze/brown to it anyways right... so it could work? maybe not and i'm just imagining things

would love to see some mf8s on your car just to see...or maybe even work emotions?

or now that you tried diamond black, how about a set of mag blue TEs? or ce28ns?

ya the thing about time attack is if you can make the red lip work with your car (black or red car or champ white car with small red accents like emblems, tow hooks, seats?) then , but otherwise i can agree its played out...

but thew new limited time attack with white is nice too on the right cars...mostly on white cars obviously...

seen a lot of dc2s with the diamond black TEs that really did me in for the color...looks amazing with the decals and everything to set it off...DB is the new TA for me imo

thanks man, next set if I stay gold will be one piece with no polished lip, bronze, or something redone and matched in white...

eta? by next spring to be rolling on something new...also because I need new tires and don't want to replace mine but rather just buy new tires for new wheels also want something that will "perform" a bit better with more sidewall too...
Old 09-16-2008, 12:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (pinoy2o9)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pinoy2o9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">my car..........

what ya think so far? one month of work so far....</TD></TR></TABLE>
looks good, glad to see you got the lip
Old 09-16-2008, 12:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (afro sheen)

im getting new wheels too soon

jimmy those nr's will look goooood on your car

wonder what lucky bastard is getting those mf10l's
Old 09-16-2008, 05:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (KBG Indey)

hey wray how much did u pay for your brake setup? where did u get it? post up some more pics/if u have any installed
Old 09-16-2008, 05:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Fake &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ppl already using KASH pics for avatars lol

and to many ballers on here </TD></TR></TABLE>
BWahahahahaha!! aint that some shizz?!
im flattered and weirded out at the same time!

oh yeah... i agree with you on the Baller thing..

this one is for Jimmy & John
Old 09-16-2008, 05:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mugen-k)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mugen-k &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
oh and with the mugen eg exhaust? do you have to attach another hanger on the other side or something?
top?

or bottom?

or ?

chris, the background expert?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I wouldnt call myself an expert, just experianced.

I like the bottom better as far as the composure goes. You can do more with editing that one. However the exposure of the car looks better in the first.

When I get home tonight Ill play with one of them and see how they turn out.

And I love the rear suspension shot for the del sol
I remember someone was selling the mugen exhaust for the del Sol a while back and it was for a great price... I wish I had gotten it.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RARE_EG2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">reason why it cost so much is cuz its from a company that DID THEIR OWN RESEARCH as to HOW THEIR OWN PRODUCT WORKS! rather than taking the idea from a company and making replicas..its not something hard to understand </TD></TR></TABLE>

As much as I agree with mugen being overpriced (compaired to other companies that also R&D) this statement 100% is correct.

Yeah I think thats one of two del sols I have seen (apart from that mugen catalog) that have the mugen side skirts.
Old 09-16-2008, 05:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (.Sarge.)

when del sols were still new or back in 96/97 could we get all the mugen parts here as a dealer option? that would be pretty sweet 2 get a rare color like haters, with all the mugen factory options available, vtec model as well like his.
Old 09-16-2008, 06:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (hondamn1320)

Yes it connected
Old 09-16-2008, 06:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (del Slo SiR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by del Slo SiR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Us plain workin folk are still in here...</TD></TR></TABLE>Hell yeah we are! I wish someone would buy my b-series transmission so I can buy a set of wheels I have been eying for a while. And only Jimmy may know what they are
Old 09-16-2008, 07:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

if you are trying 2 sell a bseries tranny does that mean u have some b series shift linkage for a sol your are trying 2 sell?
Old 09-16-2008, 07:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (yoRt)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by yoRt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if you are trying 2 sell a bseries tranny does that mean u have some b series shift linkage for a sol your are trying 2 sell? </TD></TR></TABLE>I probably won't be selling the linkage since I plan on using it later on down the road. You can find them on ebay pretty cheap though
Old 09-16-2008, 07:32 AM
HT's TOP CHEF

Stupid question but will Integra GSR seats fit in a Del Sol? I've been hearing that there are some differences in the way the brackets line up.

Quick Reply: del Sol thread v 2.0!