Group Threads Club, Large Multi-Region Group, "Squad" Discussions

del Sol thread v 2.0!

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 11:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: del Sol Owner's Club Thread v 2.0! (mugen-k)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mugen-k &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Looks really good, props on the work!
Old 09-09-2008, 11:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: del Sol Owner's Club Thread v 2.0! (Mwsol)

well ****** I see I missed A LOT today.

so it's offiicial I'm out of the sol game ....DUDE I love acting like a ricer and WOOOOOSHING the BOV at people on sidewalks LOL car is very strong despite having greddy elbow and DP then to a 2.5" exhaust....can't wait to see what a full 3" turbo back will bring....it starts to spool @ 2700ish RPM, hits 5psi by about 3300ish RPM and the full 12PSI by 4K with the current exhaust setup

So far I'm still very mixed about how I feel on the trade. but I can say I'll make the EF equally as hott as the sol....in time
immediate plans are:
good alarm system
Live Sports rear spoiler
window visors
spoon style mirrors
get volks mounted/balanced and on
NRG QR setup
swap in redstripe del sol seats
retune @ lower PSI (175whp'ish)

BREAK(can't afford to spend as much money as I originally planned on it at this point in time)

sometime later:
JDM front end
Shave all emblems & get antenna BOP
Paint(really not a fan of the primer grey style color)
full 3" turbo back
TT rods
Vitaras
250ish whp
blah blah blah

so the official list of parts FS....PARTS ARE PURELY FIRST COME FIRST SERVE!.....NO DIBS:

-93-95 Grillecraft black front grille MINT 75

-spare set of OEM tails MINT 40

-Black(custom) JDM visor set 100

-Noel's old "mugen equipped" GBP panel with fillers(he gets first priorty if he wants this back) 250

-Energy suspension polyurethane bushings....almost full hyperflex kit 80

-Spare set all black doorpanels(sprayed) with typical wrinkle 50

-Mugen replica spoiler with badge area shaved 450

-axis maglites bronze 500 no tires 650 with(they've got maybe 45-50% left)

-skunk2 engine bay dress up stuff(oil cap, rad. cap, vtec sol. cap, bat. tie down) 80

-ITR interior dress up stuff(shift & ebrake boots & skunk2 shift ****) 75

-almost full roll of thermotec heat resistant tape 30

-22x8x15 M/T slicks on integra sunflower and have at least 15 passes left in them Not sure what to ask...throw out offers(just the slicks go for 160-170/each new... no wheels)

Sorry James P. ....ASR, rear sway and H brace went with the car....I couldn't get the H brace off at all and he wanted the ASR/rear sway.

Old 09-09-2008, 11:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (babyS2K)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by babyS2K &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">question... how much does an ITR motor go for now a day???
from an 00 ITR with 62K
pretty much stock except for toda header and hasport mounts</TD></TR></TABLE>

You can get a jdm itr complete swap for $4500. I would think you could get somewhere between $4500 and $5k for that one.
Old 09-10-2008, 12:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (b16_sol_707)

ugh what a crazy night.
long story short a couple weeks ago i lent my roadbike to a friend, it got stolen off his porch. Tonight i saw the [freak]ing thieves with my bike, i stopped, struck up a convo by acting like i was lost, got one of the the guys' number and even where him or one of his buddies lives. And the law is [freak]ing useless If all else fails i guess i can buy my bike back from the [freak]ers tomorrow
Old 09-10-2008, 12:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol... what'd you have to do to get his number?

you know how i know you're gay?

jk. pretty cool that you just saw him riding it tho
Old 09-10-2008, 12:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: del Sol Owner's Club Thread v 2.0! (mugen-k)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mugen-k &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"></TD></TR></TABLE>
I'd rock it if I didn't have fogs...
Old 09-10-2008, 05:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (WrongWD)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by WrongWD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">his name is jay mr. keeping-it-on-a-personal-level

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Actually he goes by both.

Hawt!!!

Hey Andy, j00 got a PM.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by babyS2K &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">question... how much does an ITR motor go for now a day???
from an 00 ITR with 62K
pretty much stock except for toda header and hasport mounts</TD></TR></TABLE>

Um... give it to me fool. Honestly if you get 5k out of that getting a K would be pocket change from whats left over.

But since its a USDM motor I'd say more in the range of 4000 to 4500 especially in this area.
Old 09-10-2008, 05:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: del Sol Owner's Club Thread v 2.0! (RARE_EG2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RARE_EG2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Kash, didnt your 4x114 setup come with all the Project Mu stuff already?

</TD></TR></TABLE>
yeah! and i aint lettin it go!
i was responding to Chris telling me to get bigger rotors and i was like..

"Oh no he di'nt!!"

oh yeah! shout out to mah boy Troy!!

Nice come up on the wheels playa!

Modified by Dirty Octopus at 9:31 AM 9/10/2008
Old 09-10-2008, 05:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: del Sol Owner's Club Thread v 2.0! (Dirty Octopus)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dirty Octopus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
yeah! and i aint lettin it go!
i was responding to Chris telling me to get bigger rotors and i was like..

"Oh no he di'nt!!" </TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL what I posted are my plans
Old 09-10-2008, 06:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (.Sarge.)

Originally Posted by yoRt
do a dolphin front top part, with a 99-00 civic bottom 1/2.
as soon as i pick up some more bumpers that will be my next project

Originally Posted by solsi2000
that looks really clean jay nice job. i think it would look better if the aux lights were gone and the holes filled and smoothed. but still looks sick either way.
it might but for some reason i really like the aux light just because i feel the are what make the del sol stand out but we'll see maybe ill have more projects in the near furture!!

Originally Posted by Grams0wnsyouz99*

I dont care what anyone says and how much **** I get/how much of a dick you think I am, your car is [freak]ing hideous. But you do very good body work and I dont understand why you dont put it to use in a more "tasteful" & functional direction * just my opinion*. You have pictures of you scaping that bike on the bar?? I dont think you can like most squids that rock a bar, prove me wrong
hey i really dont care for what you say or wut you call me. and i will admit i am new to stunt ridin i put a 12 bar in because it is something i wanted to learn to do, i have scaped it a couple times wheater accidental or intentional either way im still learnin, and i am the one out there acutaul ridin instead of sittin behind the comp.

Originally Posted by solerizr
ugh what a crazy night.
long story short a couple weeks ago i lent my roadbike to a friend, it got stolen off his porch. Tonight i saw the [freak]ing thieves with my bike, i stopped, struck up a convo by acting like i was lost, got one of the the guys' number and even where him or one of his buddies lives. And the law is [freak]ing useless If all else fails i guess i can buy my bike back from the [freak]ers tomorrow
d*mn that suck you could always just steal it back

Originally Posted by .Sarge.

Actually he goes by both.
hes right jeff or jay either one works

as for everyone else thank for all the positive support on the bumper, wasnt sure how it was ganna turn out since it was basically my second attemp plastic welding but after the result there might be more bumpers and lips in the near future( that is if i can find bumpers )
heres some ideas i was havin
del sol 92-95 and/or 96-98 + Ek 99-00
del sol 96-98 + Eg 92-95
del sol 92-95 and/or 96-98 + 98-01 integra
and maybe del sol + eg + Ek 99-00 fogs/ front ducts

heres one del sol i have seen done i dont know if hes on here but it a 01 civic lower section i think it looks good

and for those who like the saved aux

but what about this one

does any one notice the difference with this bumper
Old 09-10-2008, 06:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (jays01)

it looks like he sanded the part around the headlights 2 make it look more 93-95 ish style. for being creative but that lip be huge.

thanks cash u were my inspiration 2 lower my car more

ownage again
where it all started

holy fender gap batman

i wish these woulda worked

and now

Modified by yoRt at 7:27 AM 9/10/2008
Old 09-10-2008, 06:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

its got a hugelip?
Old 09-10-2008, 06:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

the '01 front/bottom looks like a big smile on the del sol

first thing I thought of when I saw this pic

was this:

LOL

i like this pic tho:

Old 09-10-2008, 06:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mugen-k)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mugen-k &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the '01 front/bottom looks like a big smile on the del sol

first thing I thought of when I saw this pic

was this:

LOL

i like this pic tho:

</TD></TR></TABLE>

i remeber that pic probally doesnt help that both cars are red either
Old 09-10-2008, 06:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mugen-k)

i think that the bumper looks kinda like the mugen rsx bumper, if the uppr auxs were shaved then he would have the colgate smile
Old 09-10-2008, 06:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jays01 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">does any one notice the difference with this bumper

</TD></TR></TABLE>

The top one has a grille and the bottom one is cut out.

Old 09-10-2008, 06:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Wow I don't like the newer civic bumper half in white, but in red it kinda grows on me.. hmm..

my mom has an 04 civic... hmmmm!

NOT.. There is no way I'd even know where to start.
Old 09-10-2008, 06:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (.Sarge.)

haha i didnt even noticed that. i was refer to the headlights like yort called he shapened the angles to match the lip is what the owner told me
Old 09-10-2008, 06:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (honda_racing101)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by honda_racing101 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Wow I don't like the newer civic bumper half in white, but in red it kinda grows on me.. hmm..

my mom has an 04 civic... hmmmm!

NOT.. There is no way I'd even know where to start.</TD></TR></TABLE>
you should do it
freak your mom out as well by puttin the del sol bottom on her civic

Old 09-10-2008, 07:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

damn that turned out great jay..
How is the wheel section or did you get that all taken car of.

Morning everyone a little chatty I see.. having to read 2 pages before I speak..

sorry still no pics. of her yet
Old 09-10-2008, 07:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jays01 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

hey i really dont care for what you say or wut you call me. and i will admit i am new to stunt ridin i put a 12 bar in because it is something i wanted to learn to do, i have scaped it a couple times wheater accidental or intentional either way im still learnin, and i am the one out there acutaul ridin instead of sittin behind the comp.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Lol, Jay, I dont think you listened/comprehended a word I said did you? :shakes head:

Ohh and Jay I am not another dumbass kid, Ive been riding motorcycles all my life so dont bullshit me about your 12 bar. 1. I dont believe you, just by the way you talk about it. 2. I dont care if youre a poser, Its normal and I am used to it . You dont just throw a 12 bar on the back of a bike and say " I am going to learn to stunt ride today" doesnt work that way. If you want a tip, most people learn how to scrape on a stock tail because it flexes/bends so you can slam down onto it harder without it bouncing you off. Also since a bar is square if you catch and edge when youre learning it can throw you off bad ( unless youre using a round bar which youre not ) . But anyways ill take it to PM w/ you if you want to talk. Trust me too buddy I dont just sit behind my computer.

Now for Sol related, car is waiting for new revalved Koni's and going to higher spring rates soon

Old 09-10-2008, 07:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

new stuff came today wooo
Old 09-10-2008, 08:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Grams0wnsyouz99*)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Grams0wnsyouz99* &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Now for Sol related, car is waiting for new revalved Koni's and going to higher spring rates soon

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Il vouch for Jay at least to the point of seeing him do exactly what you are pictured doing. as far as scraping the bar then idk.

I see some ARC splitters.... an I &lt;3 del Sol logo sticker. What rates do you have now and what are you going to?
Old 09-10-2008, 08:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Grams0wnsyouz99*)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Grams0wnsyouz99* &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

</TD></TR></TABLE>
how high are you thinking?
what are you running now?

car looks great

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .Sarge. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I see some ARC splitters.... an I &lt;3 del Sol logo sticker. What rates do you have now and what are you going to?</TD></TR></TABLE>
ARCs look great

like the random but clean placement of the decal

as well as the wek-sos on on the quarter i saw from the last set of pics you posted...
Old 09-10-2008, 08:43 AM

Default help me install my lip...

So i've got the lip. It's painted black and ready to put on. I remember seeing that its best to leave them sitting in the sun so they heat up and get softer and more flexible. But are there any other modifications I have to do to get the EM1 lip on my car?? my bf said it looked like we would have to get rid of those clips, which unfortunately some of them are broken , but i've never installed a lip before, so this is all new to me. My next off day is saturday, so I really wanna get it done then. Anybody know what is the best method?

Quick Reply: del Sol thread v 2.0!