Group Threads Club, Large Multi-Region Group, "Squad" Discussions

del Sol thread v 2.0!

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 02:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (SOLITUDE)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SOLITUDE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

</TD></TR></TABLE>
Check out that del sol in the back
Old 08-13-2008, 03:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SOLITUDE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"></TD></TR></TABLE>

what a perfect project car, stupid thieves
fight the insurance company to get it back
Old 08-13-2008, 03:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SOLITUDE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">alright here they are..

</TD></TR></TABLE>

noobs...well at least it isnt a total lost ...but still sucks

looks like they got ahold of another sol in the background w/ fogs
Old 08-13-2008, 03:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (babyS2K)

yeah I need to call them again and tell them I want it back again..
Because last time they sold it to a salvage yard without me knowing..
So..
that del sol was on a 30 day impound.. Yeah I asked..
Old 08-13-2008, 03:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Fake)

Honda Fit shift **** fit in my sol?
Old 08-13-2008, 04:38 PM

that sucks but i see all kind of stuff that if i was a theif i would have taken, jdm headlight jdm map lights, motor,, it looks like who ever took it just took out the stereo and and a few other simple to get parts.. [freak]en scum i hope you get your car back, if nothing more than the sentimental value it holds because of your dad, and i hope that somebody finds the ******** that steal **** and puts them under the damn jail
Old 08-13-2008, 04:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Good to see that the body is still in good shape ... That's a plus !!

Sorry they stripped everything man ... Atleast you have the car and engine back ... That was the sentimental value anyways right ?
Old 08-13-2008, 04:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

LMAO thats funny ...not tht it got jacked. sorry for that but its funny they didnt know wtf they were doin. who the hell takes a trunk hood targa and door panel? REALLY? lol ive nevr seen a car that got jacked in SD come back likethat...ur so damn lucky. like my buddies STOCK ef got stolen and was stripped down to basically frame. THEY EVEN TOOK HIS REAR VIEW MIRROR AND STOCK EXHAUST! lol like i said u mustve had a car god watchin u lol. congrats on gettin it back the condition its in.
Old 08-13-2008, 04:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

btw what yard is that at? i could use that front bumper off the red one in the background. lol thnx
Old 08-13-2008, 04:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SOLITUDE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">alright here they are..

</TD></TR></TABLE>yeah man, it sucks someone [freak]ed with your **** like that but you got off easy it looks like. If you had full coverage it should be covered and you can get the car back for real cheap
Old 08-13-2008, 05:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (imm0rt41)

The sol doesnt look to horrible and certianly could have been worse.

Good luck with the rebuild!!!
Old 08-13-2008, 05:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (.Sarge.)

well my car is acting up and idk what it can be

it will be driving fine and then all of a sudden it seams like i cant get the car to go
my foot will be on the gas pedal and lets just say im crusing 30 out of nowhere
(my foot still) it goes out (the car is still cruising but when i stomp on the pedal
nothing occurs) so im repeatly stomping on the pedal then outa nowhere ( it takes off) and it will be for a few seconds until it happens
again....my rpms also drop up and down ....(drops when it goes out) and up when
it takes off unsuspectly....idk what it can be the funny thing is this happen like in ay sometime while i was going home and the next morning the car was fine.... so now its happening again and last nite i turned it on and took a cruise around my
block and it was fine....today in the morning i wanted to take it and i couldnt leave
my driveway bc the rpms where going up and down....about an hour later a freind came by and i wanted to show him and its back to normal....and its been good since...but i just dont trust it....i dont wanna go somewhere and happen again.... any idea what the problem can be......

i remember like a year ago i was driving w/o a tps sensor (forgot to plug) it was kinda acting the same.... but i have it on is it maybe the sensor needs to be replaced..or could it be someting else...

please help guys

Modified by Fake at 6:30 PM 8/13/2008
Old 08-13-2008, 06:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

When was the last time you filled up with gas?
Old 08-13-2008, 06:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .Sarge. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The sol doesnt look to horrible and certianly could have been worse.

Good luck with the rebuild!!! </TD></TR></TABLE>

Truth on that one... Seriously I was expecting the worse.. I really thought that the engine and tranny and alot of other things were going to be gone.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:48 PM
HT's TOP CHEF

Glad you found it solitude. It could have been alot worse.
Old 08-13-2008, 07:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well aaron, i'm glad you know where the car is at. I've never heard of having problems getting a car back from a theft recovery from insurance. I've only known of having to buy it back for cheap and it reflecting on the title as salvage. But when you get it back, you have a running car to start with. If you can get ahold of some stock hood, targa, and trunk, your golden for now. and I dont think you could redo to outshine jimmy or ray but leave that up to me lol

and even though it's late, nysh expect to pay $600+ for a b16 i would guess. I'm not sure what engine management is different between the OBD0 etc far as the head on different years.

this page needs more pics:

Old 08-13-2008, 07:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

whats up everyone

long time no post and having a hard time keeping/catching up

getting the basics/important things and just skimming through to get subject matters

have some updates but no time and posting owns me
Old 08-13-2008, 08:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Fake &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well my car is acting up and idk what it can be

it will be driving fine and then all of a sudden it seams like i cant get the car to go
my foot will be on the gas pedal and lets just say im crusing 30 out of nowhere
(my foot still) it goes out (the car is still cruising but when i stomp on the pedal
nothing occurs) so im repeatly stomping on the pedal then outa nowhere ( it takes off) and it will be for a few seconds until it happens
again....my rpms also drop up and down ....(drops when it goes out) and up when
it takes off unsuspectly....idk what it can be the funny thing is this happen like in ay sometime while i was going home and the next morning the car was fine.... so now its happening again and last nite i turned it on and took a cruise around my
block and it was fine....today in the morning i wanted to take it and i couldnt leave
my driveway bc the rpms where going up and down....about an hour later a freind came by and i wanted to show him and its back to normal....and its been good since...but i just dont trust it....i dont wanna go somewhere and happen again.... any idea what the problem can be......

i remember like a year ago i was driving w/o a tps sensor (forgot to plug) it was kinda acting the same.... but i have it on is it maybe the sensor needs to be replaced..or could it be someting else...

please help guys

Modified by Fake at 6:30 PM 8/13/2008</TD></TR></TABLE>

i was having almost the same problem. when the car was cold it would drive great, but when it would warm up, the RPMs would drop and it would stumble and back fire like crazy. occasionally it would go away, then come back moments later. my problem was a bad ECU.

hope this helps. try swapping ECUs with a friend to see if that helps you out. good luck...
Old 08-13-2008, 08:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mugen-k)

Hey will get at me foolio about yo thang
Old 08-13-2008, 08:17 PM
HT White Ops

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Figured I'd give you guys first crack at this:

UKDM 1996 Honda Civic CRX VTi cassette player. Made by Blaupunkt. Comes with wire leads and will be (not currently) wired into a harness to plug directly into a USDM car. Also included is the dash cage, removal tools, and security code (card if I can find it). Will require a GM antenna adapter (available at ANY audio road shop).

Lights up green.

$50 + shipping. Not looking to make money on this, just to get my money back to buy a different setup.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

pretty clean.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

my car kinda did the same thing except i knew it wasnt something big, when i got on it and took it 2 redline, inbetween shifts i would have a little puff of black smoke so i figured it was something with my spark so i told my dad and he said take off my distributor cap and rotor and check them out. i did and just cleaned em up and it runs alot better now and when i did that my car got almost 40 mpg. 140k mile s model.

hope it helps
Old 08-13-2008, 09:28 PM

mm. acceleration &lt;3.

Old 08-13-2008, 09:38 PM

Default Re: (Nysh)

Hey guys. Just poppin in to make sure I don't get too far behind on my pages. I can't wait til Saturday, I will finally get to wash/wax/detail the [freak] outta my sol
Old 08-13-2008, 09:42 PM

ryangirl - I dig your avatar, haha.

Quick Reply: del Sol thread v 2.0!