Group Threads Club, Large Multi-Region Group, "Squad" Discussions

del Sol thread v 2.0!

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 11:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (cln92eg)

dude, i didn't realize that it was an aftermarket bumper

You could have purchased an OEM del sol 93-95 bumper on ebay with the paint taken down to the plastic for 78 shipped.

I had to do that after my dad backed over my front bumper that was sitting in the front yard. I had her taken apart to install the turbo kit. He was backing the boat into the yard to turn around and cruched it.

I was really pissed until I realized how cheap they were. I thought I'd be spending a few hundred bucks.

He offered to repay me but I told him no, i have destroyed lots of his **** over the years.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:34 AM

Default Re: (El Ban)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by El Ban &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thanks for taking the time at least bro..</TD></TR></TABLE>

Anything for a bro!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .Sarge. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well I just bought a house! </TD></TR></TABLE>

Congrats man!

I wish I knew what it was like... I was passed down two houses so I'll never be on the market.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sohc95vtec-t &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
i dont believe its an oem bumper, he said it is a certfit bumper, which i believe is an aftermarket company reproducing OEM bumpers??</TD></TR></TABLE>

So it's not Honda OEM. My question should have been more specific.

Anyways I'm off to bed early today due to another sinus headache. Later ******!
Old 02-20-2008, 11:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks for all the kind words fellow dSoc members

and yes, just keep them in your thoughts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cln92eg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ya I know lol it kinda sucks well im still going to try later and see how good I can get it on</TD></TR></TABLE>

and you should have met with me last time, maybe i would have sold you my OEM BRAND NEW IN THE BOX 97 bumper i had just laying around

it's all good though, i still need that shifter, i hope you still gots my number. not sure when i'll be in KC again, hopefully soon, i miss my girl

and for someone who doesn't know the ownage rules

Old 02-20-2008, 11:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (james p.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by james p. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I was passed down two houses so I'll never be on the market.</TD></TR></TABLE>

maybe you should pass one down to me
Old 02-20-2008, 11:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (nix94delsol)

Guy with the bumper question:
Didn't you say its a cerfit bumper?
If so, they are not OEM bumpers
They are replicas. I have seen the shatted as well upon impact.
Most of these 'oem' parts fit like hell
My friend has a fender on his bb6 and it is horrible

Bumpers from honda are packaged very well in bubble like wrap in a very large box

Nick, ill hit u up on aim on how to shave the reflectors
Old 02-20-2008, 11:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

my certifit bumper should be here saturday, meh we shall see

bump for some dsoc decals
Old 02-20-2008, 12:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (blue_hatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blue_hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Need a pic request of aftermarket seats in a del sol... my seats are shoot and looking to upgrade</TD></TR></TABLE>
my old ones that i sold:

pics of my new seats coming soon

edit:
speaking of which...
what rails/mounts will fit/work in a del sol?
eg/dc one are the same right and will bolt right on?
only ek ones won't fit (but eg/dc will fit in an EK 3/4) right?

cause oem del sol rails have two angled brackets for the front two bolts
and the brackets for the back two bolts are flat (and not one angled like the EK)
(or at least thats what the floor of my del sol looks like)
Old 02-20-2008, 12:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (james p.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by james p. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Congrats man!

I wish I knew what it was like... I was passed down two houses so I'll never be on the market. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Thats awesome you gots free houses!

Remember the first REAL roller coaster you rode as a kid. That knot in your stomach on the way up combined with the thrill of the drop is pretty close to how I feel right now.
Old 02-20-2008, 12:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mugen-k)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mugen-k &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
my old ones that i sold:

pics of my new seats coming soon

edit:
speaking of which...
what rails/mounts will fit/work in a del sol?
eg/dc one are the same right and will bolt right on?
only ek ones won't fit (but eg/dc will fit in an EK 3/4) right?

cause oem del sol rails have two angled brackets for the front two bolts
and the brackets for the back two bolts are flat (and not one angled like the EK)
(or at least thats what the floor of my del sol looks like)</TD></TR></TABLE>

seats for the sol need del sol brackets. They floor pan is shaped diffrently than the eg/ek
Old 02-20-2008, 12:16 PM

Default Re: (.Sarge.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .Sarge. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Thats awesome you gots free houses!

Remember the first REAL roller coaster you rode as a kid. That knot in your stomach on the way up combined with the thrill of the drop is pretty close to how I feel right now. </TD></TR></TABLE>

wow thats a very good description
Old 02-20-2008, 12:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dohcdelsol93 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
seats for the sol need del sol brackets. They floor pan is shaped diffrently than the eg/ek</TD></TR></TABLE>

oh okay
thanks...
so they have to be del sol specific?

anyone know who sells them/has them?

check out this guy that was selling custom/modified mounts with buddy club rails for the del sol:
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2206058

these are exactly what i would have wanted
but already sold by the time i found them...
went for 3 weeks no interest then sold to a guy that didn't even have a del sol ....wtf?
seller said he warned/advised the buyer but wouldn't listen
so maybe they will be on sale soon when the buyer realizes they won't fit
and i'll be there to scoop em up

Modified by mugen-k at 6:27 PM 2/20/2008
Old 02-20-2008, 12:31 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .Sarge. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well I just bought a house!

</TD></TR></TABLE>

dude! congrats! and pictures, please!
Old 02-20-2008, 12:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mugen-k &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

oh okay
thanks...
so they have to be del sol specific?

anyone know who sells them/has them?

check out this guy that was selling custom/modified mounts with buddy club rails for the del sol:
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2206058

these are exactly what i would have wanted
but already sold by the time i found them...
went for 3 weeks no interest then sold to a guy that didn't even have a del sol ....wtf?
seller said he warned/advised the buyer but wouldn't listen
so maybe they will be on sale soon when the buyer realizes they won't fit
and i'll be there to scoop em up

Modified by mugen-k at 4:34 PM 2/20/2008</TD></TR></TABLE>

pretty much most of your aftermarket seat manufacturers make them

sparco
bride
momo
carbue (spelling?)
maybe even tenzo R knock offs

the same company probably makes them for everyone of them

when swapping out say ITR/Si/other oem del sol seats people usually just modify the OEM sol brackets since most people buying OEM del sol seats are putting them into cars other than del sols and don't need the brackets anyway.
Old 02-20-2008, 12:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dohcdelsol93)

*cheaper seats come with "universal sliders"*

the last time i checked into them I was looking at Sparco Torinos for the sol. The rails were priced around 130.
Old 02-20-2008, 12:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dinosol)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dinosol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

dude! congrats! and pictures, please!</TD></TR></TABLE>

I will as soon as I can. Pics arent on my mind right now
Old 02-20-2008, 01:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dohcdelsol93 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dude, i didn't realize that it was an aftermarket bumper

You could have purchased an OEM del sol 93-95 bumper on ebay with the paint taken down to the plastic for 78 shipped.

I had to do that after my dad backed over my front bumper that was sitting in the front yard. I had her taken apart to install the turbo kit. He was backing the boat into the yard to turn around and cruched it.

I was really pissed until I realized how cheap they were. I thought I'd be spending a few hundred bucks.

He offered to repay me but I told him no, i have destroyed lots of his **** over the years.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't see any OEM bumpers on ebay.
Old 02-20-2008, 01:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

http://www.hondamarketplace.com/zerothread/2230449

Buy my **** please. Or bump if you look.
Old 02-20-2008, 01:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dohcdelsol93 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dude, i didn't realize that it was an aftermarket bumper

He offered to repay me but I told him no, i have destroyed lots of his **** over the years.</TD></TR></TABLE>
It is OEM Just not from Honda They Remake them and sell them for cheaper then honda does thats it ok its OEM
Old 02-20-2008, 01:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cln92eg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
It is OEM Just not from Honda They Remake them and sell them for cheaper then honda does thats it ok its OEM </TD></TR></TABLE>

No.

You have a replica OEM
Old 02-20-2008, 02:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Xathine)

i needz a rear bumper

edit: ownage!!

Modified by Fake at 3:47 PM 2/20/2008
Old 02-20-2008, 02:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cln92eg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It is OEM Just not from Honda They Remake them and sell them for cheaper then honda does thats it ok its OEM </TD></TR></TABLE>

Look Sean... your replica mugen wing is real with his thinking

LOFL

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Xathine &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">No.

You have a replica OEM </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 02-20-2008, 02:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (del_barry)

So why the expletive are turbo kits so expensive?

I'm too lazy to peice togeather my own
Old 02-20-2008, 02:23 PM

hey guys i've been thinking of buying my friend's 98 gsr motor wiht 100k miles on it. As far as i know its in good shape and the guy takes care of it. Since both of us are clueless, what's a fair price for it?
Old 02-20-2008, 02:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Xathine)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Xathine &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So why the expletive are turbo kits so expensive?

I'm too lazy to peice togeather my own </TD></TR></TABLE>
thats why LOL
probably because they know all the parts work and fit together and comes with EVERYTHING you need to boost
with a kit, no piecing together, no modifying to make things fit with each other, the car, the motor, etc
also no paying top dollar for small things (gaskets, oil lines) because when you are almost done the install and ready to boost, you forget the small things you needed and therefore pay whatever it takes to get those small parts locally or expressed shipped cause you want to get it running asap!

spoken from experience
i'd go with a peakboost or full race turbo kit if i were to do it all over again because i know it'd be worth it in the long run (not to mention the good results you'll get )

Modified by mugen-k at 11:11 PM 2/20/2008
Old 02-20-2008, 02:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thats why LOL
probably because they know all the parts work and fit together and comes with EVERYTHING you need to boost
with a kit, no piecing together, no modifying to make things fit with each other, the car, the motor, etc
also no paying top dollar for small things (gaskets, oil lines) because when you are almost done the install and ready to boost, you forget the small things you needed and therefore pay whatever it takes to get those small parts locally or expressed shipped cause you want to get it running asap!

spoken from experience
i'd go with a peakboost or full race turbo kit if i were to do it all over again because i know it'd be worth it in the long run (not to mention the good results you'll get )</TD></TR></TABLE>

Man, I'd be all over buying a complete kit. But I didn't plan on rebuliding / new interanls on this motor.

I'm hell bent on peicing togeather a setup for under $1,500.

I already regreat not picking up on of the many B16's for sale on a local bored for under $900 (yes, full swap too)

Quick Reply: del Sol thread v 2.0!