Group Threads Club, Large Multi-Region Group, "Squad" Discussions

del Sol thread v 2.0!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 12:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (eg2crx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eg2crx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> They had a four door mugen civic there, car looks so good, but its $38,000, ouch.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I feel sorry for the poor sap that buys that car.
Old 12-20-2007, 12:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (.Sarge.)

Tom this is the closest thing i have. but i'll look more. i might have taken a pic of it w/ out the boots..

Old 12-20-2007, 12:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (eg2crx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eg2crx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

The used S2000 was a no go, the dealer tried to screw me into all these hidden fees and the car actually came out to $27,000, it jumped $10,000 so they could make some big cash off the car. Im selling my Soul to the devil and buying a brand new s2k, with everything its $33,000 and im going to try to get it for $30,000, its lugana blue pearl or something like that LOL. If they wont go to $30,000 im just going to get an EVO 9. They had a four door mugen civic there, car looks so good, but its $38,000, ouch.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Gonna get the s2k CR? or the normal s2k?

I've seen the CR in person and it looks ****, hardtop, no usless crap, FUNCTIONAL rear spoiler, FUNCTIONAL front lip(read funtional as "with a known amount of downforce"....I forget the #s though to me), and the red/black interior scheme is hott, the yellow/black looks kind of gross though I heard they were also going to offer an black and blue interior theme

if the s2k falls through, definatly get the evo, replace the down/up and exhaust pipes with something less restrictive get a reflash andthen see about a 50+whp gain
Old 12-20-2007, 12:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (black94sol)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by black94sol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
</TD></TR></TABLE>

do you get **** for wearing flipflops?

i do....

hicks
Old 12-20-2007, 12:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (nix94delsol)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nix94delsol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i do....

hicks</TD></TR></TABLE>

not really, around here it's what you wear in the summer. but in this thread, i have gotten flamed
Old 12-20-2007, 12:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by black94sol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

not really, around here it's what you wear in the summer. but in this thread, i have gotten flamed </TD></TR></TABLE>

there better than wearing socks and work boots all summer and having your feet smell like sulfer and *** sweat
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (nix94delsol)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nix94delsol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i do....

hicks</TD></TR></TABLE>

I get it from a few people but I can always shut them up with a quick putdown.

I wear mine year round. even in the snow.

Thats how I roll.
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by black94sol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">not really, around here it's what you wear in the summer. but in this thread, i have gotten flamed </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 12-20-2007, 12:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (del_barry)

yeah i'm the same way as chris...and barry stop trying to suck up. you know what you did

Old 12-20-2007, 12:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I found a yellow 99ish civic on craigslist lol
Time for a jordan ctr swap lol
Old 12-20-2007, 12:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (WrongWD)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by WrongWD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

lol where the hell have you been?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I rarely retain anything from the internet. Who are you?

Old 12-20-2007, 12:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (mugen-k)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mugen-k &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

how foolish of me. I forgot. duh..
make good use of that boost by gear AND i want to see some full throttle shift action. And don't YOU forget to retard that timing and make a crazy poppin' two-step launch control. </TD></TR></TABLE>

oh yeah, i'm definitely looking forward to the full throttle shifting at the track. i'm not gonna go crazy with the two step; i don't really do any drag racing. but i'm gonna set it up because i have some guy with an AWD subie talking **** about my car, and i need every advantage i can get getting off the line, even though from a roll i'll destrooy him

got my new recirculating adapter for my blowoff valve, and all the gaskets i need. almost there....
Old 12-20-2007, 12:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (8520)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 8520 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I rarely retain anything from the internet. Who are you?

</TD></TR></TABLE>

who are you??? i think your lost, this thread is for DEL SOL OWNERS...

sup dre, btw i replied to your pm and thank you
Old 12-20-2007, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by .Sarge.
According to Muscle Car Club dot Com...

"the "cammer" put out 616 bhp, but with dual four-barrels, it produced a massive 657 bhp. With this kind of power, the "cammer" 427 was totally unsuitable for street use. These engines were not sold to the general public, but about 50 examples were built, mostly for professional drag racers."

Not a production model... Disqualified.

According to Popular Hot Rodding dot Com...

"Chevrolet's central office had established a program permitting a dealer to place an order for a vehicle that was equipped with options not normally installed."

I'll call Honda and ask them to install a Mugen race engine... Disqualified.

According to Mopar Muscle whatever dot Com...

"So when the venerable 426 Street Hemi was rated at 425hp, it was impressive. When the Viper came out and was rated at 400 horses, we all “ooo-ed” and “ahhh-ed” over it because it was the most powerful engine to come out of Detroit in over 20 years. But it still didn’t have the numbers of the Hemi. Or so we thought. In fact, it was more impressive, because that 400 horses was a net power rating, compared to the Hemi’s 425 horse gross rating! When the Viper V-10’s ratings got upped to 450 a couple of years later, the raw numbers showed an engine that had finally surpassed the published ratings of the legendary Elephant."

Yup,... they lied. Disqualified.

Originally Posted by By some dude on some forum
I recorded and watched that show today. American Muscle Car on the Speed Channel. The put five legendary engines on an engine dyno (they'll do another installment at a later date to test more legendary engines). They chose an engine dyno to elimate variable such as transmissions, rear gearing, aerodynamics, car weight, driver error, etc. All engines were factory stock, but were rebuilt and blueprinted. Maximum .060 overbore, factory intake manifold, and period correct carb and ignition (if not #'s matching). The exhaust headers had huge primary tubes, so they could breathe better than a factory car, but they used big headers on all five engines.
Here are the players and the results....

1962 Chevy 409 with dual 4 bbls. Factory rated at 409hp. Dyno'd at 406hp and 430 lb ft torque.
1963 Pontiac 421 Super Duty with dual 4 bbls. Factory rated at 405hp. Dyno'd at 488hp and 470 lb ft torque.
1967 Chevy 427 L88 with single 4 bbl. Factory rated at 425hp. Dyno'd at 527hp and 501 lb ft torque.
1964 Ford 427 Side Oiler with dual 4 bbls. Factory rated at 425hp. Dyno'd at 637hp and 554 lb ft torque.
1966 Dodge 426 Hemi with dual 4 bbls. Factory rated at 425hp. Dyno'd at 820hp and 689 lb ft torque.

Big numbers, but inefficient drivelines of that era made it difficult to get all the hp to the ground. Inefficient automatic transmission without lock up features, clutch linings that couldn't contain all that power, etc. Just look at how the hp ratings plummetted in 1972 when they went from gross ratings to SAE net ratings. Carryover engines (not detuned with lower compression) from 1971 to 1972 had their ratings dropped anywhere from 25-40%!!! My own 1968 Pontiac GTO (balanced & blueprinted 400 big block, Turbo 400 automatic, 3.90 saf-t-trac rear end, factory rated at 350hp) made about 425hp at the crank, but dyno'd just 283hp to the ground. Talk about driveline loss (approximately 33%)!

There were certainly some heroic engines built in the 1960's. Too bad the rest of the drivelines, chassis, and brakes didn't perform as well!!! Can't wait to see some more engines tested for the show.
Engines weren't stock. I don't see a 600hp car that came out of the factory bro.

Don't get me wrong, I have all the respect for American Muscle of the 60's, but it was Muscle only in the 60's. Rally and F1 have proven that HP isn't everything.

So back to del Sols shall we?

Oh you guys will have to forgive me, the stickers and Tshirts will be delayed because I have to attend a Funeral tomorrow.
Old 12-20-2007, 12:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (WrongWD)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by WrongWD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

oh yeah, i'm definitely looking forward to the full throttle shifting at the track. i'm not gonna go crazy with the two step; i don't really do any drag racing. but i'm gonna set it up because i have some guy with an AWD subie talking **** about my car, and i need every advantage i can get getting off the line, even though from a roll i'll destrooy him

got my new recirculating adapter for my blowoff valve, and all the gaskets i need. almost there....</TD></TR></TABLE>

Unless he knows how to launch you would take him off the line anyways.
AWD launches pwn but are a bitch to master.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by del_barry &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> I found a yellow 99ish civic on craigslist lol
Time for a jordan ctr swap lol</TD></TR></TABLE>

I didnt know that the civic came in yellow.
Old 12-20-2007, 12:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .Sarge. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I didnt know that the civic came in yellow. </TD></TR></TABLE>

it was white when they bought it =P
Old 12-20-2007, 12:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (james p.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by james p. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Oh you guys will have to forgive me, the stickers and Tshirts will be delayed because I have to attend a Funeral tomorrow. </TD></TR></TABLE>

sorry to hear james
Old 12-20-2007, 12:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Lol it has a roof scoop on it as well LOFL
Old 12-20-2007, 12:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

who are you??? i think your lost, this thread is for DEL SOL OWNERS...
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 12-20-2007, 12:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (8520)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 8520 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

</TD></TR></TABLE>

j/k Dre

well guys back to work i go. talk to you guys and Vy later
Old 12-20-2007, 12:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .Sarge. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Unless he knows how to launch you would take him off the line anyways.
AWD launches pwn but are a bitch to master. </TD></TR></TABLE>

really? i didn't know that, i always thought that it woulda been pretty easy

(i told you i know jack all about drag racing...)

that's good news! i was planning on setting up the 2 step, dropping the tires down to 12-13psi, and preloading the clutch in my car to get the most out of it
Old 12-20-2007, 12:54 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by black94sol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sorry to hear james </TD></TR></TABLE>

It was a tragic accident. I'm just being there for a friend.

BTW - love the new sig Dre.
Old 12-20-2007, 12:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (james p.)

Originally Posted by james p.
According to Muscle Car Club dot Com...

"the "cammer" put out 616 bhp, but with dual four-barrels, it produced a massive 657 bhp. With this kind of power, the "cammer" 427 was totally unsuitable for street use. These engines were not sold to the general public, but about 50 examples were built, mostly for professional drag racers."

Not a production model... Disqualified.
Did you read about the REST of the motors on that page? Or just get to the first one and decide that they are all the same.

According to Popular Hot Rodding dot Com...

"Chevrolet's central office had established a program permitting a dealer to place an order for a vehicle that was equipped with options not normally installed."

I'll call Honda and ask them to install a Mugen race engine... Disqualified.
You fail. The COPO options for Chevy cars of the 60's was put in place to allow dealers to special order cars for customers. For instance Yenko Chevrolet, Baldwin-Motion, and several others created cars that were still factory production cars with factory parts but were under the COPO option because 95% of the public wouldnt buy it. Hence the moinker Central Office Production Order cars that Chevy sent out on a build as needed basis.

American cars of the 60's /= Honda of the 90's
Apples /= Oranges.

According to Mopar Muscle whatever dot Com...

"So when the venerable 426 Street Hemi was rated at 425hp, it was impressive. When the Viper came out and was rated at 400 horses, we all “ooo-ed” and “ahhh-ed” over it because it was the most powerful engine to come out of Detroit in over 20 years. But it still didn’t have the numbers of the Hemi. Or so we thought. In fact, it was more impressive, because that 400 horses was a net power rating, compared to the Hemi’s 425 horse gross rating! When the Viper V-10’s ratings got upped to 450 a couple of years later, the raw numbers showed an engine that had finally surpassed the published ratings of the legendary Elephant."

Yup,... they lied. Disqualified.

Where in the world did you get that they lied? The Factory rating was 425 the WHP of that car was 315. Factory drive train losses were huge back then and considdering that it is a loss of about 25% then I dont see how they lied at all. And remember that was a 40+ year old motor.

Engines weren't stock. I don't see a 600hp car that came out of the factory bro.
Your right they werent stock They were rebuild to factory spec but if you know anything about building engines balenced and bluprinted blocks with larger headers dont see 200hp gains.

Don't get me wrong, I have all the respect for American Muscle of the 60's, but it was Muscle only in the 60's. Rally and F1 have proven that HP isn't everything.
This isnt debating Rally or F1. You said that there muscle cars were overated from the factory and I proved you wrong. Case Close.

Since this is about del Sols though....

Old 12-20-2007, 01:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (hidden sol)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hidden sol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">16x7 or 15x7?</TD></TR></TABLE>
15x7?
Ha ha. dont make me laugh.

15x8!
Old 12-20-2007, 01:13 PM

Default Re: (Dirty Octopus)

had a feeling it was by 8

Quick Reply: del Sol thread v 2.0!