Group Threads Club, Large Multi-Region Group, "Squad" Discussions

del Sol thread v 2.0!

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 04:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (figone007)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by figone007 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
IMO, that's a little high. I would never pay that much. You gotta remember that a lot of that stuff on the car is worth more to you than to the buyer. </TD></TR></TABLE>

yeap thats why its so hard to sell a modded car.
as always,Im gona suggest parting the car out as much as possible...

people are willing to pay more for a CLEAN stock/close to stock car,than a clean modded one. it doesnt make sense in a way,but at the same time,theres also the simple fact that just about everyone doesnt want something thats all ready been messed with so you gotta keep that in mind.

well I rotated my tires,raised a car a few spins front and rear..

sits like this now,well actually,a little lower..but not tucking.

just picked up a complete cylinder head gasket kit,supertech valvetrain (thanks to that guy ARC guy for helping me on this ),arp head studs,,and im trying to pick up a set of cam gears right now and the cams are ready to go.

Someone,please help me get my hands on a 2.5' es oval..I cant find this **** anywhere..i4 and jhp are both out of stock.
Old 09-30-2007, 04:56 PM

Default Re: (SOLtrain "tiiiteboyee")

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SOLtrain "tiiiteboyee" &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

yeap thats why its so hard to sell a modded car.
as always,Im gona suggest parting the car out as much as possible...

people are willing to pay more for a CLEAN stock/close to stock car,than a clean modded one. it doesnt make sense in a way,but at the same time,theres also the simple fact that just about everyone doesnt want something thats all ready been messed with so you gotta keep that in mind.

</TD></TR></TABLE>
You hit it right on the head. Speaking from a point of view of someone who does all the labor on my car, no one wants sloppy seconds. Plus I trust my work more than someone else's work. I ditto the fact that I would be willing to pay more for a clean stock car, especially without the salvage title (regardless if it was theft or not).

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SOLtrain "tiiiteboyee" &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Someone,please help me get my hands on a 2.5' es oval..I cant find this **** anywhere..i4 and jhp are both out of stock.

</TD></TR></TABLE>
Try Autolink motorworks, they're in El Monte, CA. I always go to them, they can get anything. (626) 279-7122, or http://www.autolinkmotorworks.com.
Old 09-30-2007, 05:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (figone007)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by figone007 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Try Autolink motorworks, they're in El Monte, CA. I always go to them, they can get anything. (626) 279-7122, or http://www.autolinkmotorworks.com. </TD></TR></TABLE>

thanks,nothing on their website about it,but I'll give em a ring tom.

anyone know what happened to the es exhausts in general? I remember at one point,they were all over the place,ebay,sponsors on here,every website had em,and now,nothing!
Old 09-30-2007, 05:05 PM

thanks,nothing on their website about it,but I'll give em a ring tom.

</TD></TR></TABLE>
Yeah, they don't have anything really on the website but they have a big shop. I go to them over JHP and Password. They know their stuff. Give them a call, Kitty, the girl who does the pricing is really nice.
Old 09-30-2007, 05:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

put some work into the del sol today.. Installed Mugen Sport Pedals, Koni Neuspeed SP3's, and Ground Control Coilovers (450lb Front/500lb Rear).. Lowered the car to a 2 finger diagonal gap between tires and fenders.. Keeping it low profile and painted the rear forks black also removed my muffler since the piping broke at the flange..

interior..

appears stock..

but it's under there..
Old 09-30-2007, 05:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ding ding ding ding! we have a winner
Old 09-30-2007, 05:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ARC Magic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ARC Magic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">put some work into the del sol today.. Installed Mugen Sport Pedals, Koni Neuspeed SP3's, and Ground Control Coilovers (450lb Front/500lb Rear).. Lowered the car to a 2 finger diagonal gap between tires and fenders.. Keeping it low profile and painted the rear forks black also removed my muffler since the piping broke at the flange..</TD></TR></TABLE>

pimpin'

do me a favor though,next time u wash the car,pressure spray that civic sticker till it comes off that way only the del sol stands

and funny how u pop in right when ure mentioned!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SOLtrain "tiiiteboyee" &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">just picked up a complete cylinder head gasket kit,supertech valvetrain (thanks to that guy ARC guy for helping me on this ),arp head studs,,and im trying to pick up a set of cam gears right now and the cams are ready to go.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 09-30-2007, 05:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

pimpin'

do me a favor though,next time u wash the car,pressure spray that civic sticker till it comes off that way only the del sol stands </TD></TR></TABLE>

thanks.. i haven't washed the car yet, and i've had it for about a month already.

i tried taking the license plate bolts out today, and i guess the previous owner used steel screws of some sort, and they are SEIZED on there.. i guess the only way to get them out is to drill them out.. sucks!
Old 09-30-2007, 05:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ARC Magic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

thanks.. i haven't washed the car yet, and i've had it for about a month already.

i tried taking the license plate bolts out today, and i guess the previous owner used steel screws of some sort, and they are SEIZED on there.. i guess the only way to get them out is to drill them out.. sucks!</TD></TR></TABLE>

wtf. that sucks.
did you try some wd40 love?
Old 09-30-2007, 05:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

nope, didn't try wd40 yet.. i tried using a hand impact tool, but the screw wouldn't budge.. one of the rear one's broke loose, but the other is stuck..
Old 09-30-2007, 05:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i have one like that too, the kid overtightned it and eventually rusted

Old 09-30-2007, 05:52 PM
HTBATRACER

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ARC Magic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">nope, didn't try wd40 yet.. i tried using a hand impact tool, but the screw wouldn't budge.. one of the rear one's broke loose, but the other is stuck..</TD></TR></TABLE>

forget wd40 go straight to pb-blaster its sooo much better.
Old 09-30-2007, 06:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ARC Magic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thanks.. i haven't washed the car yet, and i've had it for about a month already. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Wash it so I have two Sol's to shoot (yours and Ray's )

Evening ******.
Old 09-30-2007, 06:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (skip.two)

hahaha.. my Sol sucks *** though.. dings, dents, stock wheels, a lot of flaws here and there...

you should shoot the EK instead, it's almost gonna be running again.. just need to do a few more things to it.
Old 09-30-2007, 06:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ARC Magic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hahaha.. my Sol sucks *** though.. dings, dents, stock wheels, a lot of flaws here and there...</TD></TR></TABLE>
The body and paint is probably better than mine hahah
Old 09-30-2007, 06:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by skip.two &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
The body and paint is probably better than mine hahah </TD></TR></TABLE>

i have macco paint and a gallon of bondo on my car
Old 09-30-2007, 06:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (nix94delsol)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nix94delsol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have macco paint and a gallon of bondo on my car </TD></TR></TABLE>
I wish I had Maaco paint, but my dents probably won't take a gallon of bondo
Old 09-30-2007, 06:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

nooo beleive me you do NOT want my paint

there are runs everywhere, fisheyes, and that orangepeely look everywhere

it looks like the clearcoat was paineted on with a paintbrush too
:hurlonexpensivesweatshirt:
Old 09-30-2007, 06:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks guys for the kind words
Old 09-30-2007, 06:23 PM
HTBATRACER

Default Re: (solbrothers)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by solbrothers &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">my paint is OEM, no dents or bondo </TD></TR></TABLE>

Well if you didn't get bonda from the factory you got screwed.
Old 09-30-2007, 06:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (solbrothers)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by solbrothers &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">my paint is OEM, no dents or bondo </TD></TR></TABLE>

do you DD your sol?

i do

thats why i need a 240sx
Old 09-30-2007, 06:24 PM
HTBATRACER

matt has a fit. which is the reason his paint is still nice
Old 09-30-2007, 06:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nix94delsol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">do you DD your sol?</TD></TR></TABLE>
Don't mind him. He doesn't even have a Sol. Nobody knows who he is
Old 09-30-2007, 06:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by skip.two &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Don't mind him. He doesn't even have a Sol. Nobody knows who he is </TD></TR></TABLE>

i dont?

funny, i just put up the windows in my imaginary car and drove it outback

i also put my imaginary books in my imaginary trunk

maybe IM a ghost
Old 09-30-2007, 06:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nix94delsol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i dont?

funny, i just put up the windows in my imaginary car and drove it outback

i also put my imaginary books in my imaginary trunk

maybe IM a ghost </TD></TR></TABLE>
I wasn't referring to you...

Quick Reply: del Sol thread v 2.0!