Group Threads Club, Large Multi-Region Group, "Squad" Discussions

DA Integra's Only

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 08:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (Bro. Darkness)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bro. Darkness &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
i really dont see what the big deal is between fake parts and real parts. pretty much as long as it works its a good part to me. not sayin that theres anything wrong with ppl who would rather buy mugens or volks over rotas n stuff cuz i had the money for a set of work's but decided to go with a set of rotas and save some money for some other ****. i know everybody has an opinion but i just cant stand to see decent cars getting hated on just cuz their parts arent from a big name company or cuz theyre not JDM.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I agree, most of the time the JDM parts wouldnt even be hot unless they had a brand name attached to them...

As for GT3s, I think most of them look good minus the red, which almost everyone has...
Old 01-08-2008, 08:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Morasso)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Morasso &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I agree, most of the time the JDM parts wouldnt even be hot unless they had a brand name attached to them...

As for GT3s, I think most of them look good minus the red, which almost everyone has...</TD></TR></TABLE>
X2
Old 01-08-2008, 08:47 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Morasso &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Wrong. There was a quote from Pursuit Of Function that really hits home in regards to JDM.

"Racing is the ultimate inspiration. Racing never goes out of style. Function of racing is the fashion."[/i]- Rodney Wills

Youre thinking about "brand names" but what about the R&D that those companies utilize to produce those parts?
Old 01-08-2008, 09:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (SYNSEI)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SYNSEI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Wrong. There was a quote from Pursuit Of Function that really hits home in regards to JDM.

"Racing is the ultimate inspiration. Racing never goes out of style. Function of racing is the fashion."[/i]- Rodney Wills

Youre thinking about "brand names" but what about the R&D that those companies utilize to produce those parts?</TD></TR></TABLE>

***** expensive for a reason!
Old 01-08-2008, 09:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Bro. Darkness)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bro. Darkness &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
i really dont see what the big deal is between fake parts and real parts. pretty much as long as it works its a good part to me. not sayin that theres anything wrong with ppl who would rather buy mugens or volks over rotas n stuff cuz i had the money for a set of work's but decided to go with a set of rotas and save some money for some other ****. i know everybody has an opinion but i just cant stand to see decent cars getting hated on just cuz their parts arent from a big name company or cuz theyre not JDM.</TD></TR></TABLE>

for me its not about where the part comes from, its about R&D, quality, and performance. I don't just buy parts because they are "JDM", I buy them because I want a quality product. Companies like Benen, Skunk2, and Circuit Hero are or were U.S. companies that build and design good products. I would rather give my money to someone like that then to some company that just replicates the cosmetics of something.

I try to support people that are true to the industry not just trying to make a dollar by ripping other companies off. I also eat at local restaurants, not chains. I shop at local stores, not wal mart, and I do my part to help people that actually care about their products.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SYNSEI)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SYNSEI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Youre thinking about "brand names" but what about the R&D that those companies utilize to produce those parts?</TD></TR></TABLE>

You think that all the people that buy JDM parts buy them for the function of them? Bullshit. There are some parts, absoluately, that are much better and do help your car perform better, but other items like BYS wing for EGs, is that functional? No, its hot because its JDM....

I dont care what anyone says, JDM is a reason to make money. Plain and simple, now thats fine, I don't and many people don't mind paying for that, but don't cover it up saying that all JDM parts are functional and better than everything else..
Old 01-08-2008, 09:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

JDM is a reason to make money.</TD></TR></TABLE>

this doesnt even make sense

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Morasso &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I don't and many people don't mind paying for that, but don't cover it up saying that all JDM parts are functional and better than everything else..</TD></TR></TABLE>

the parts became popluar because they are better, not just because they are from Japan. some people dont buy things just because they are poplular, they buy them because they work and youre going to have to accept that
Old 01-08-2008, 09:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Thrashin)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Thrashin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

this doesnt even make sense

the parts became popluar because they are better, not just because they are from Japan. some people dont buy things just because they are poplular, they buy them because they work and youre going to have to accept that
</TD></TR></TABLE>

It does make sense. Look at Passwordjdm and all those other companies. Their parts arent even japanese, their american (the parts they physically make). JDM is a tag to make money.

The parts become popular because droves of internet kids SAY they are. I garuntee if I can get enough people to say that those teddy bear wheels are hella JDM and amazing, then they'll blow up, and rota will start making copies of them.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:05 AM

You think that all the people that buy JDM parts buy them for the function of them? Bullshit. There are some parts, absoluately, that are much better and do help your car perform better, but other items like BYS wing for EGs, is that functional? No, its hot because its JDM....

I dont care what anyone says, JDM is a reason to make money. Plain and simple, now thats fine, I don't and many people don't mind paying for that, but don't cover it up saying that all JDM parts are functional and better than everything else..</TD></TR></TABLE>

Re-read what I wrote, youngbuck. I never said that all people buy JDM parts for their function. A lot of people (especially here on HT) buy them for the fashion. But the fashion is based on the function. This conversation can go on forever. JDM was cool when I was doing it 8 years ago because very few people were into it PLUS the quality of the parts were better. For the most part nobody even knew what the acronym "JDM" meant. For me, it was an epiphany. Whereas nowadays, people come into this import game wanting to go JDM. Long story short, if youre serious about your car, buy quality parts whether is USDM or JDM. Afterall it's a car, not a damn Barbie doll that people like to play dress-up with.

Enough of this. Post more pictures.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It does make sense. Look at Passwordjdm and all those other companies. Their parts arent even japanese, their american (the parts they physically make). JDM is a tag to make money. </TD></TR></TABLE>

the term JDM was around before any of those companies or even this web site. it was not created to make money. like I said in my other reply to bro darkness this is why i do not support companies like that. because they are only there to extort everything and make as much money as they can off of it

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Morasso &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The parts become popular because droves of internet kids SAY they are. I garuntee if I can get enough people to say that those teddy bear wheels are hella JDM and amazing, then they'll blow up, and rota will start making copies of them.</TD></TR></TABLE>

wrong, those companies became popular because their products produce results the copycat companies like rota are the ones that became popular because of internet followers

the ronal bear wheel have been discontinued since 1992, good luck finding a set and nice try
Old 01-08-2008, 10:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yea those bear wheels are sweet haha.. edit pwned

Old 01-08-2008, 11:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (91 crx savage)

Fresh!
Old 01-08-2008, 02:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i know a kid with evil ronal teddy bears on his mk1 jetta. theyre black with red eyes. ***** hot
Old 01-08-2008, 03:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Brice.Hayden)

what's with all the hate? And the carbon type R lip is hella clean.
Old 01-08-2008, 03:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (yoontim23)

Uhohzzz ..

Name:  mangonew2.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  80.9 KB

Name:  car_g2fit004.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  115.6 KB
Name:  100_2899.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  90.5 KB
Name:  fd3dec1a.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  81.3 KB
One from back in the day just cuz:
Name:  fbd5e9f7-1.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  38.1 KB
Name:  03.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  68.1 KB
Name:  f9f1bd4f.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  33.9 KB
Name:  DSCN4546_JPG.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  93.5 KB
Name:  Hottness.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  116.8 KB
Name:  -harookz-00.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  59.0 KB
Name:  j1.jpg
Size:  41.8 KB
Name:  lwf0000.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  70.1 KB
Name:  sneakybastid.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  205.7 KB

Old 01-08-2008, 04:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (bigplayj17)

Hard! More Pictures Please
Name:  11111111-2.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  77.3 KB
Old 01-08-2008, 04:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (redlineintegra)

I spy:

-mango
-harookz
-j.
-yours.
-shenrie
-forgot the guy with the volks on red's name...

nice cars.
Old 01-08-2008, 04:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (J's 94 Accord)

creepingdeath! Mine was still int the very early stages in that pic haha .. that's actually Harookz' car parked behind mine (also pictured with the gold wheel).

The two big local meets we had back in 01 and 02 respectively:

Any n00bs out there, check out these cars everyone is posting for sure .. I dunno about the rest of you guys but they were definitely what motivated me to get mine in shape!

Name:  IMG_0171.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  219.3 KB
Old 01-08-2008, 05:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (g2_teg_)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by g2_teg_ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Friends car:

Before:
Name:  Integra10LP.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  39.8 KB

After:
Name:  IMG_2409.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  134.8 KB</TD></TR></TABLE>

what happened?

on a different note check out what i've been up to.

just a hint:
Old 01-08-2008, 05:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (redlineintegra)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by redlineintegra &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Name:  03.jpg
Size:  68.1 KB
</TD></TR></TABLE>

this thread should end at this integra.. that car is the hottest thing ive ever seen.
Old 01-08-2008, 05:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (kiDchaos)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kiDchaos &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
on a different note check out what i've been up to.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

h2b in the DA?
Old 01-08-2008, 06:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (g2_teg_)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by g2_teg_ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

h2b in the DA?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I NEEEEDDD to see this one..
Old 01-08-2008, 06:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Thrashin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
the ronal bear wheel have been discontinued since 1992, good luck finding a set and nice try </TD></TR></TABLE>

there ya'll go.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Name:  101_9941copy.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  260.9 KB
Old 01-08-2008, 08:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Ol'SkoolDA9)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ol’SkoolDA9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I NEEEEDDD to see this one.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

already seen da was the first car to have a h2b from the townsend bros

Quick Reply: DA Integra's Only