Group Threads Club, Large Multi-Region Group, "Squad" Discussions

DA Integra's Only

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 03:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: DA Integra's Only

Originally Posted by 95-db6-719
here i edited my post, so maybe you can read it now... please feel free to go back and do so..

i ll have an updated list, we changed some stuff since that quote, and there is nothing with a b20v on boost unless your tune blows ***, b20's are prone to sleeve walk and thats it, but a GE block guard solves that. The engine is only revving to 8500rpms.

here is the final quote with turbo info and everything
B20Z1 BLOCK GE BLOCK GAURD CP
PISTONS 9.5:1 COMPRESSION EAGLE
RODS, ARP HEADSTUDS, OEM OIL
PUMP GSR, WATERPUMP TIMING
BELT.B16 HEAD VTEC. ACL Race BEARINGS.

Transmission TYPE-R TRANSMISSION
Turbo Manifold PFAB LOG STYLE TURBO MANIFOLD
Turbo PRECISION 6262E Billet wheel T3/T4
Intercooler FMIC INTERCOOLER CORE
Hondata S300 HONDATA
Jumper harness OBD0-OBD1 JUMPER HARNESS
Clutch kit Competition stage4
Flywheel competition flywheel
ECU P28 ECU OBD1 150.00 150.00
Wastegate TIAL 38MM WASTEGATE
Blow Off valve TIAL 50MM BLOWOFF VALVE
Downpipe TURBO DOWNPIPE 3"
Piping INTERCOOLER PIPING WITH COUPLERS CLAMPS
Custom 3 inch exhaust with vibrant muffler.
this motor isnt gonna last very long even with the block guard do it right the first time and you wont be wasting money that block needs to be sleeved and if that suggest you didnt have to sleeve it at 600 hp then thats one shop that would never touch my car lol
Old 11-12-2010, 03:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Bond
Damn that DA looks badass on the BBS rims.

Matt; ya I went with the AEBS manifold as it came with the head. The head had a slight P&P and the intake was port matched. I'm not expecting the world out of it thats forsure.

It's really just a ITR intake with a larger 68mm TB opening and bigger plenum. I'll see what happens but I'm sure eventually I'll switch to a victor x and move from a 68mm TB to a full 70mm.

I do hate how the victor x sits so low though, but well see. At this point I'm going to see how things go and make adjustments.

Thats weird about your turbo. I'd say it's from the turbo itself. You never know what can float around before it's sealed up brand new. It's possible is all I'm saying.

I think the Mfactory and the GE oil sandwich's are two of only like 3 (just guessing) that are supplying clean oil. I wouldn't blame the adapter.

On the topic of the B20V turbo; shooting for 600 isn't really even realistic at your setup. I'm not trying to be mean. I'm not even sure why a shop would build that or promise those WHP numbers. I thought forsure it was sleeved.

I'm running arp mains because I choose not to run a "girdle" with my LS bottom and the block was getting an align hone anyways from getting sleeved. So to keep things on the stronger side I went with them. I hope they hold well, lol

In a long way I'm trying to say that your build is being under built and over promised.

Now lets talk about something else other then bench racing! Our drag season is over here in Canada. No snow and we are still seeing 16 degree celcius days. People are just babies here. No love for motor sports. Everyone is to "hip" and "green" to support it....gay.

does this motor have a b16 or gsr head if gsr the aebs is def not just a type r rep its one of the only mani out that was actually engineered for the gsr head unlike blox and a few other company its actually makes pretty good numbers
Old 11-12-2010, 06:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's a Hype R head I'm running. I know it's not "just" a ITR replica. It's just how I worded it. Like I said I'll run it and go from there. I'm sure it's going to do better then stock

I'd like to see this thread of B20V's making good and reliable power on 20 PSI.

But first I'd like to say 20PSI on one turbo means nothing on another. Thats what makes this statement funny and makes me worry more.

Also believe it or not, but the key to any turbo motor is in the tune. Thats kind of a silly statement aswell. Why would you want a half-assed tune on anything? I'd also say it's in the correct selected parts, turbo efficiency, break-in, machining and assembly, etc, etc.

I think you can see where I'm going with that, lol.

Seems like I'm not alone in thinking that either:

https://honda-tech.com/forums/forced-induction-16/b20v-turbo-build-shooting-600whp-stock-sleeves-2861183/
Old 11-12-2010, 07:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

https://honda-tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2861183

Well glad he took my advice and posted it up in the FI forum.
Like I was saying and others appear to be telling you now.
It seems you grabbed whatever parts you could and threw at dart at a board with numbers and came up with 600hp!

While it's great to have goals, its another thing to be drastically overestimating your goals. I mean 600hp is no every day thing, esp on stock sleeves. There are still maybe a handful of cars pushing that power on stock sleeves with the help of E85.

I would honestly recommend you educate yourself on your setup and your goals and stop taking everything being spoon fed to you from the guy doing your work.

Everyone responding to you have an unbiased opinion on the subject, def to the contrary of the guy doing your work!
Old 11-12-2010, 09:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

There are old pics, I know you've all seen them a million times but I am just posting them up for BOND to check out.

Piping is pretty normal from the tb out. Piping to compressor side goes up through the fender well and overtop the turbo. My intercooler is too big to try and route it around it.

Old 11-12-2010, 09:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Sweet, thanks. I'm thinking about runnin the intercooler piping through the frame rail. That way it saves me from going up and over with the topmount setup i have. My buddy doing the fab has metioned it before. I'll post pics if we go that route
Old 11-12-2010, 09:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys, we decided better safe than sorry, its getting sent to GE to get sleeved. After posting that thread and seeing hell if it blows o well get another block and have that sleeved and just swap the parts over.

But i realized if it blows we run the risk of damaging some of the parts that would get swapped over and having all this money in this engine. well like some stated might as well do it right the first time.

thanks for the advice guys.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Bond
Sweet, thanks. I'm thinking about runnin the intercooler piping through the frame rail. That way it saves me from going up and over with the topmount setup i have. My buddy doing the fab has metioned it before. I'll post pics if we go that route
I was going to but didn't want to start cutting it up even more. No big issue for me running it up through there. But for you it would be somewhat useless and impossible to run it that way being that it's a topmount.

Originally Posted by 95-db6-719
Hey guys, we decided better safe than sorry, its getting sent to GE to get sleeved. After posting that thread and seeing hell if it blows o well get another block and have that sleeved and just swap the parts over.

But i realized if it blows we run the risk of damaging some of the parts that would get swapped over and having all this money in this engine. well like some stated might as well do it right the first time.
thanks for the advice guys.
:thum bup:: thumbup::thumb up:
Old 11-12-2010, 11:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have 2 quick questions
1. How many of you guys are running progress 2 coilovers on your da's and how are they for dd/rr vs the koni/gc setup I here they are both good but I can not find a thread that compares the both my car is going to more of a dd with weekend track
2.Da exhaust systems right now I'm seeing hks and greedy I don't mind spending the money but just want to know what you guys recommend
Thanks guys
Old 11-12-2010, 11:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

#2 tanabe

hyper medalion is kickass. good tone and not loud unless you get right into it.
Old 11-12-2010, 12:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

tanabe man...have one on the da6 nice sound from it...only dont lower the car he rear box hits of everything hahaha
Old 11-12-2010, 12:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I love my Tanabe Hyper medallion and it's fairly easy to get.
Old 11-12-2010, 01:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well my catch can solved the oil out dipstick cylinder issue. My damn hood is hitting one of my an fittings and scraped it im soooo pissed! Neways to dude wanting 600whp out of a log mani, tial 38mm gate with a b20v good luck lmao

I want for out of my log mani and im damn close right now! But I need a bigger intercooler!
Old 11-12-2010, 02:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Tanabe ftw I love the sound of mine
Old 11-12-2010, 02:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

where al lthe DA's at???come on guys...
Old 11-12-2010, 03:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Is there a site that has a better price For tannabe then others sites. No body has experience with progress vs the koni gc on the da?
Old 11-12-2010, 04:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

My pos that will hopefully be back on the road one day lol

Old 11-12-2010, 04:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 11-12-2010, 04:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Kyle, One of these days you're going to have to get something again!!!!
Old 11-12-2010, 06:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Mattb16teg
https://honda-tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2861183

Well glad he took my advice and posted it up in the FI forum.
Like I was saying and others appear to be telling you now.
It seems you grabbed whatever parts you could and threw at dart at a board with numbers and came up with 600hp!

While it's great to have goals, its another thing to be drastically overestimating your goals. I mean 600hp is no every day thing, esp on stock sleeves. There are still maybe a handful of cars pushing that power on stock sleeves with the help of E85.

I would honestly recommend you educate yourself on your setup and your goals and stop taking everything being spoon fed to you from the guy doing your work.

Everyone responding to you have an unbiased opinion on the subject, def to the contrary of the guy doing your work!

We are doing E85 and the shop is well informed, like my bro said we decided to sleeve. But the shop is well informed went 10s numerous passes on a stock b18c1 block...
Old 11-12-2010, 07:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Mattyg2
Kyle, One of these days you're going to have to get something again!!!!
^^ this!
Old 11-12-2010, 08:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 90HondaDA
We are doing E85 and the shop is well informed, like my bro said we decided to sleeve. But the shop is well informed went 10s numerous passes on a stock b18c1 block...
That's on a GSR block, very different than a B20.
And ALL MOTORS are different!
Old 11-12-2010, 09:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

True but its just One example of their knowledge.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If their knowledge is so great, they wouldn't recommend trying to shoot for such a high power output on stock sleeves. It's that simple. There's no magic behind it. Stock sleeves shouldn't/can't handle that kind of power. I know our local shop would NEVER be making that sort of recommendation.
Old 11-12-2010, 11:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

He never said that... He said we could prob do it once just for the dyno sheet. He said we could 4 something on the block guard. but of course you were right there when he went over the build with me right? Exactly what i thought

Quick Reply: DA Integra's Only