Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: DA Integra's Only

sitting at home for christmas eve ftw
Old 12-24-2009, 08:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its all good, ill be leaving work at 12 today, so only 2 hours of hondateching and i can go home. oh yeah, so on saturday im picking up some really good condition db2 front seats, cant wait to get my torn ls seats out of the car
Old 12-24-2009, 09:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Adamnfs25
when they did the swap, and installed the belts, new radiator hoses,thermostat ,new temp sensors, and timing tensioner i also had a new water pump, you think the new pump may have failed.....

yeah the hoses dont biuld up much pressure,at least i dont think as much as it should be, when it over heats, it will go up 3/4ths of the way and if i rev it up it goes down, sometimes, the fans run, new radiator as well, did not have any over heating problem before the swap. i had the engines swapped cuz the frame the newer engine was in was wrecked and i had a better body i only paid $500 for that was in great condition.... iv tried every thing i can think of.... head gasket is my last option, but do not have the money for it, iv already put over $10000 bucks on my parents credit card, that i still am paying on, i dont have any spare cash, i know how to do a head gasket, but its a pain in the ***. and i dont have all the proper tools...
Honestly overheating issues are hard to diagnose over the interwebz. Since everything apparently checks out, have you checked your thermostat? If the thermostat is stuck closed it would cause overheating while driving and while idling long enough.

To check the thermostat let the car idle and warm up to operating temp, once the fan comes on check your lower radiator hose. If the hose is hot and hard(No homo) then your thermostat is working. If the hose is cold and you can squeeze it then your thermostat is stuck closed and that is the problem!

It could also be that your radiator fan is spinning the wrong way, may want to check that out as well.

To check if your HG is blown simply pop off the radiator cap while the car is off and cold! Start the car up and if coolant sprays out of the radiator neck your HG is blown!

Hope that helps!

PS in the end you paid them to do work, the work is not done since the car is overheating, take it back and work something out if you dont want to troubleshoot yourself!
Old 12-24-2009, 09:55 AM
I <3 DA's

Originally Posted by Mattyg2
sitting at home for christmas eve ftw
same here, no work woot woot

time to work on car
Old 12-24-2009, 10:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I needs a press to put these bushings in the control arms!!!
Old 12-24-2009, 10:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Work for another 40 min, then off for 10 days
Old 12-24-2009, 10:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hahaha nice, i only got 9 minutes left, too bad i only have a 3 1/2 day weekend lol
Old 12-24-2009, 11:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

YYYYYaaayyyuuh. Got a call from the H.R office, meaning Hydro_da is now employed as of Jan. 4th.

Gimme-da-moniezzzzz.
Old 12-24-2009, 11:44 AM

i got my tokico blues today and skunk to coilovers today to bring some life into this da i just bought sittin on cut springs
Old 12-24-2009, 12:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

im planning on getting a broadway convex 270mm rear view mirror but im torn should i get HID or not? my cars lowered 2inches does it really make a big difference wne people are behind me with their super bright lights
Old 12-24-2009, 12:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by DA92TEGg
i got my tokico blues today and skunk to coilovers today to bring some life into this da i just bought sittin on cut springs

That's a sh!tty *** set-up.

<<Has same set-up. lulz

but really, it sucks. way too bouncy.
Old 12-24-2009, 12:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Help. I want to do a upgrade. Does anyone know who makes a HID kit (H4H) for the JDM One piece headlight (90~93 Integra)?
Old 12-24-2009, 12:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Try ebay, there's a link Matt posted a couple pages back.
Old 12-24-2009, 12:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by da993
Help. I want to do a upgrade. Does anyone know who makes a HID kit (H4H) for the JDM One piece headlight (90~93 Integra)?
Yup Ebay!
Old 12-24-2009, 01:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Matt i got the job!. haha, I start on the 4th.
Old 12-24-2009, 01:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Hydro_Da
Matt i got the job!. haha, I start on the 4th.
Congrats brotha, now you get to spend more money on your DA

Arg, my first day back to work is the 4th and I have to travel
Old 12-24-2009, 01:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks man, haha, yeah i can finally start piecing together some spooling action. Dude you don't like traveling?
Old 12-24-2009, 02:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks man, haha, yeah i can finally start piecing together some spooling action. Dude you don't like traveling?
I do but it's totally different when its for work!
Esp this trip, I'm just driving about 3 hours west but there is NOTHING to do there!
Old 12-24-2009, 02:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Mattb16teg
I do but it's totally different when its for work!
Esp this trip, I'm just driving about 3 hours west but there is NOTHING to do there!

Oh okay, yeah everytime i have to go somewhere more than 30 minutes away i bring someone along. I get bored easily. lol
Old 12-24-2009, 03:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Adamnfs25
i have a 92 DA9 teg. its overheating...

ok, thi time last year i bought this black one that had a bad leaking head gasket, i didnt know it had a bad gasket, i drove it for a while and one day the engine just completely seized up,, took it to a local shop and paid $1500 for a replacement engine w 45000 miles, just 3 months ago a had the enginw swapped out into a new unwrecked-undamaged body, this engine never ever overheated, k just 3 months ago a take both cars to a different shop right down the street from my house and had the engine and auto tranny swapped....for over $1000 with new timingbelt, tensioner, thermostat water pump, every thing installed parts i bought and supplied. exaclty 28 days later it starts overheating and the car was checked 30 times, untill i checked the timing belt myself cuz the guy was too lazy to check it and the belt was scrapped off on one edge, then showed the tech that and they checked it again, the tenstioner failed,,, just got it back again after paying $60 for another new timing belt and tensioner, and another $250 for labor, just got it back yesterday afternoon and still over heats,,, can i sue this shop....they f**cked up my engine...

Bro that's when u learn how to work on ur own car and save lots n lots of money I never take my car to a shop I doo my own headgasket everything... Places like to rip u off.... If ur a girl forget bout it you'll be broke in no time
Old 12-24-2009, 05:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

YYYYYaaayyyuuh. Got a call from the H.R office, meaning Hydro_da is now employed as of Jan. 4th.

Gimme-da-moniezzzzz.
good deal man! i think i start my new job on the 4th as well. hello real job and benefits!!!

Originally Posted by DA92TEGg
should be a lot better than cut springs. i'm not sure about the blues but i had skunk2's with tokico whites (5 way adjustable) on my last civic and i loved it. kept them set right in the middle on 3 and never even tried any other settings. not too stiff, not too soft. i also kept them when i sold the shell lol

Originally Posted by slammedg2
Bro that's when u learn how to work on ur own car and save lots n lots of money I never take my car to a shop I doo my own headgasket everything... Places like to rip u off.... If ur a girl forget bout it you'll be broke in no time
EXACTLY!!! i got so tired of never getting anywhere with shops around here back in the day. thats when i started to teach myself how to do EVERYTHING i possibly could. saves soooooo much money and time. plus, if you know what you're doing, you know its done right and exactly what parts were used and how they were installed.
Old 12-24-2009, 06:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Matt or anyone ever have to trim the jdp lip? mine hits the bottom of my intercooler..its seems like if I would trim it about a 1/2 in right where the ic it will fit fine..Im just wondering how that material acts if I would use a dye grinder.. anyone?
Old 12-24-2009, 07:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

where is it hitting exactly jj? is the intercooler still too low? or does the lip just got back a lil too far and you need to notch it??
Old 12-24-2009, 08:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

to the overheating bleed burb you cooling system, hot air air locks behind the thermostat causing them to not work properly. i have overheated one of my engines hafter putting the head on and rushing to drive it. live and learn,
Old 12-24-2009, 08:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Mattb16teg
Honestly overheating issues are hard to diagnose over the interwebz. Since everything apparently checks out, have you checked your thermostat? If the thermostat is stuck closed it would cause overheating while driving and while idling long enough.

To check the thermostat let the car idle and warm up to operating temp, once the fan comes on check your lower radiator hose. If the hose is hot and hard(No homo) then your thermostat is working. If the hose is cold and you can squeeze it then your thermostat is stuck closed and that is the problem!

It could also be that your radiator fan is spinning the wrong way, may want to check that out as well.

To check if your HG is blown simply pop off the radiator cap while the car is off and cold! Start the car up and if coolant sprays out of the radiator neck your HG is blown!

Hope that helps!

PS in the end you paid them to do work, the work is not done since the car is overheating, take it back and work something out if you dont want to troubleshoot yourself!
k thanks ill check that out...

Quick Reply: DA Integra's Only