Group Threads Club, Large Multi-Region Group, "Squad" Discussions

** The offical 96-00 civic 4dr thread ** PART 2

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 09:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: ** The offical 96-00 civic 4dr thread ** PART 2

Hahaha, if you only knew how it really goes. Ifffffff negum was ever waitin on me before he do anything, it would only be because I got a camera ready and that **** going on youtube!

ports random bs, random pics, dumb comments never bothered me. But the way he feels no one can do it but him, makes me want to slap him. last time I posted twice about something dumb, even tho it was car related, specifically domani tails, ni.ggas already gave me ***** for it. But port will go 2 pages about dumb **** and its ok...

FOWRDOWR got a good point tho

Battle, you just about right with my age. I think youre a lil older than me right?
Old 10-16-2011, 09:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by SIRIUS VTEC
Yeah Bro, I'll have to get a picture of the results tomorrow. I passed everything but the Low speed 15mph test. The higher speed test was ok so was the gas cap and the visual.

I believe the problem may have been the hose I was using to run from the intake arm to the FIA (Fuel Injection Air). I think the hose I had running to it was too tiny which was restricting air flow to the injectors.
yeah its hard to rule out what could be causing it to fail without seeing the results.
Old 10-16-2011, 10:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by negum
yeah its hard to rule out what could be causing it to fail without seeing the results.
I'll get that pic up tomorrow. I think it's in my glove compartment. That's the only thing really stopping me from registering the car fully. I can't buy parts til I know it's mines!
Old 10-16-2011, 10:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by I4MCHNA
Hahaha, if you only knew how it really goes. Ifffffff negum was ever waitin on me before he do anything, it would only be because I got a camera ready and that **** going on youtube!

ports random bs, random pics, dumb comments never bothered me. But the way he feels no one can do it but him, makes me want to slap him. last time I posted twice about something dumb, even tho it was car related, specifically domani tails, ni.ggas already gave me ***** for it. But port will go 2 pages about dumb **** and its ok...

FOWRDOWR got a good point tho

Battle, you just about right with my age. I think youre a lil older than me right?
hahahah
http://youtu.be/1rm4SazjKsQ
Old 10-16-2011, 10:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Oh **** NEG. Crazy Vid. Check this one out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sd6a...feature=relmfu
Old 10-16-2011, 10:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

http://youtu.be/8zp1Q0MZE9Y
hahaha anyone else watch the niners game today?
Old 10-16-2011, 10:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Harbough was a little childish in hes celebration.
Honda-Tech Member

I had a defective Falken explode on me on the highway! no damage to my car or wheels (thank god) Hopefully they give me full credit for a replacement. BTW Falken ziex 502's are **** for traction never even think of buying them haha, they came with my wheels and I can't wait to upgrade. Had Federal tires before and they where awesome and cheap but discontinued. Whish I could find a supplier

Whats everyone recommend for tires? Or help picking?? Most I'd be willing to spend would be $600

Had my eye on

Yokohama Sdrives $392

Firestone wideoval indy $388

Bridgestone Potenza RE760 $448

BFGoodrich T/A $560

Originally Posted by 96EJ6LX
So classes start tomorrow. Get to start learning how to fix F35's, F22's, and B2 bombers.... Yes
goddamn you! I applied for aircraft mechanic in April, still waiting on the call for boot camp When did you apply?
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks for asking bro. The sedan has been precious. I've just been taking care of the maintenance on it. Making sure it's running in Tip Top Shape at all times. So far so good. I failed smog 2 weeks ago!!!!!!!

Why do you take the bus everywhere??? Just curious. I think that's dope though, get out there and be one with the public. My car is my safe haven!

I rode the bus since I was 7 til I was 19 then again at 20 til 21..I hate L.A. Transit System even though my mom works for them.

Should post some pics of the sedan even though nothing new changed. Haha fail smog. Isn't it free smog test until u pass? Oh, I take the bus everywhere because after the accident I bought a year bus pass. i thought I couldn't get the things I needed for the sedan in time. So, I mind as well use it since I paid for it plus it saves me a lot on gas.
Old 10-16-2011, 11:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by powerbygood
Should post some pics of the sedan even though nothing new changed. Haha fail smog. Isn't it free smog test until u pass? Oh, I take the bus everywhere because after the accident I bought a year bus pass. i thought I couldn't get the things I needed for the sedan in time. So, I mind as well use it since I paid for it plus it saves me a lot on gas.
Hell Yeah bro, get your money's worth! I like the way you handled that situation though. Very prompt. It that were me and my car I could still have no hood, no fender. I haven't heard of that free smog thing before. I wish, I pay 30 bucks every time I fail. I've only failed once though. So My next visit is 30% off. Any pics of your beast?

Here's some old ones of mines. I'm in serious need of a wash and a re-clearing of the clear-coat. I don't how much re-clear usually run for.

With My friends EP3

Got a flat 2 days ago hit a sh***y pothole.

Some random pics I took when I visited San Francisco last year.
I didn't know you could actually put your camera lens in the telescope and get a decent picture but here it is.
I was up at the twin peaks.

And another random one I thought was very dope!

Last edited by SIRIUS VTEC; 10-16-2011 at 11:42 PM.
Old 10-16-2011, 11:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Some more interesting pics I saw this the other day not sure if I showed you guys yet.
The driver looked bored to death.

Old 10-16-2011, 11:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Nice, Negum. I don't know anything about Momo. Congrats, the best of luck to you.

CHNA
Old 10-17-2011, 12:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hell Yeah bro, get your money's worth! I like the way you handled that situation though. Very prompt. It that were me and my car I could still have no hood, no fender. I haven't heard of that free smog thing before. I wish, I pay 30 bucks every time I fail. I've only failed once though. So My next visit is 30% off. Any pics of your beast?

Here's some old ones of mines. I'm in serious need of a wash and a re-clearing of the clear-coat. I don't how much re-clear usually run for.

PCC Parking lot!!!!

by the way...can we just drop this drama? i try to come onto the thread as often as i can and catch up with some people...but when i see **** getting heated, i just wanna stop coming in here. lifes too short to hold grudges, lets just drop the BS and get on with life...with that said...

Old 10-17-2011, 01:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by I4MCHNA

i think im a year older than you. but that doesn't mean spit--anyone knows that. i can just sense the level of maturity thru your posts plus our pm's years ago when u still had a different sn i dont know if u remember...

to all:
i can just say a couple things about this hoopla about who's causing what and who's who...
deal with it!!! we all have our differences. you adapt. you learn to understand people for not everyone is made/reared like our own expectations of others.
there was a time when i did not like a couple people here or their opinions but i realized there's a bigger picture than self-driven egotistical debacles.
we are all here for our cars and what we do to it/them. simple as that.
and at the end of the day, we still hop on this thread, check progress on whichever car, share experiences, help others, talk about crap, talk **** for good or bad.
the way i see it, its a very diverse thread. more diversity = more knowledge.
there is always a common ground among all of us...may it be age, status in life, race, sex, religion, preferrences, etc...just think about why we're here, that's it.
i dont know why **** gets heated sometimes when we have to worry about more serious stuff once we log off. LOL
Old 10-17-2011, 01:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

what the hell is that contraption on top of that subie
Old 10-17-2011, 01:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by battle951sedan
to all:
i can just say a couple things about this hoopla about who's causing what and who's who...
deal with it!!! we all have our differences. you adapt. you learn to understand people for not everyone is made/reared like our own expectations of others.
there was a time when i did not like a couple people here or their opinions but i realized there's a bigger picture than self-driven egotistical debacles.
we are all here for our cars and what we do to it/them. simple as that.
and at the end of the day, we still hop on this thread, check progress on whichever car, share experiences, help others, talk about crap, talk **** for good or bad.
the way i see it, its a very diverse thread. more diversity = more knowledge.
there is always a common ground among all of us...may it be age, status in life, race, sex, religion, preferrences, etc...just think about why we're here, that's it.
i dont know why **** gets heated sometimes when we have to worry about more serious stuff once we log off. LOL
all I would like to add to everyone is that if you have anything positive to say about someones car, please say it! I do what I like how I like it, and I'm not seeking approval from anyone, but it always feels nice when someone can appreciate your work!
Old 10-17-2011, 02:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

thats nice positive reinforcement bud
but like most things, we cannot filter what others can and cannot say.
just take anything (especially negative) with a grain of salt.

btw, i do admire the work and creativity you (and everyone else) put in their cars
just goes to show we are more than capable of doing something other than spot our differences.
Old 10-17-2011, 02:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by portfl0w
I would kill for a F35. You hear me? Kill! How long are you going to be in for?
At least 6 years. I wanna come to ebaich one year I can take leave for a couple days to come out there. lol. I wanna get station in Japan but if not, I wanna come to LA. It's been a dream of mine to live there. City just looks amazing.
Old 10-17-2011, 03:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Battle, of course I remember.. It was right before you got your car back from the lil accident. I didn't think you could make it any cleaner than the way it was when it was silver, but you proved me wrong. til this day, I've seen nothing but improvements with your ride.
Old 10-17-2011, 03:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

thats nice positive reinforcement bud
but like most things, we cannot filter what others can and cannot say.
just take anything (especially negative) with a grain of salt.

btw, i do admire the work and creativity you (and everyone else) put in their cars
just goes to show we are more than capable of doing something other than spot our differences.
Thanks battle! Help me with my tire choices haha you go to the track so I'd trust your opinion... unless you run slicks?

Originally Posted by 96EJ6LX
At least 6 years. I wanna come to ebaich one year I can take leave for a couple days to come out there. lol. I wanna get station in Japan but if not, I wanna come to LA. It's been a dream of mine to live there. City just looks amazing.
I asked you a question this page, I guess you missed it! Congrats BTW
Originally Posted by acura_el2000
I applied for aircraft mechanic in April, still waiting on the call for boot camp When did you apply?
Job offers obviously move quicker in the US, but I'll be very disheartened to hear you applied after I did!!
Old 10-17-2011, 05:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 639 Likes on 504 Posts

Originally Posted by acura_el2000
I had a defective Falken explode on me on the highway! no damage to my car or wheels (thank god) Hopefully they give me full credit for a replacement. BTW Falken ziex 502's are **** for traction never even think of buying them haha, they came with my wheels and I can't wait to upgrade. Had Federal tires before and they where awesome and cheap but discontinued. Whish I could find a supplier
I never liked Falkens. I'm kind of surprised that they have as big of a market share as they do. Out of the tires that you listed, I only have experience with two.

The BFG's are decent, but not a great buy. The compound is a little dated, and you can find more tire for the money.

I'm using the S.drives now, They are about the best street tires I have ever used, and are really reasonably priced. Treadwear rating is good (especially for a Yoko) but they aren't hard like say, some of the middle of the road Toyos. I highly reccomend them.

What size are you looking for? There are most likely a ton of other options out there...
Old 10-17-2011, 06:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks Adam! I would have thought base purely on visuals the BF would be the best in terms of grip.... as far as threadwear I'm not too concered as long as they last me the spring-fall season and a few trackdays thrown in I'm a happy camper! Speaking of which I have to see how my roll bar is coming!

I'm honestly searching for a company that sells those Federal, They had grip for days and they where $400 installed!! (though I never had my JRSC on back then!... lateral grip was phenomenal however)

I'm looking for 205/45/16, my current ones are 205/40/16 and my speedo is off by 10%

I know there are tons more availible but thats just what I saw on tirerack.com under ultra/high performance summer. This is why I came to the wise gents in the 4dr thread!

BTW how is your motor build coming? I haven't seen any updates here, vaugely recall something a while ago in the shaved thread (big jealous lurker on that thread I want to properly tuck/clean up my bay so badly)
Old 10-17-2011, 07:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by powerbygood

BBG - You always find the good spots and take beautiful pics
thanks buddy

You act like it, too.
lol

Originally Posted by LiL accORd RideR

by the way...can we just drop this drama? i try to come onto the thread as often as i can and catch up with some people...but when i see **** getting heated, i just wanna stop coming in here. lifes too short to hold grudges, lets just drop the BS and get on with life...with that said...
AGREE
Old 10-17-2011, 07:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

what? u mean ur key got stuck in the ignition tumbler and disconnecting the battery helped undo it? hmmmm
as in i have my key in the ignition when i checked to see if my car would start then i turned the key as if i was taking it out and it gets locked in their unless i unhook the battery... i went from auto to manual so it thinks its in neutral maybe....???
Old 10-17-2011, 07:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Oh yea. I forgot about auto. There is a link between battery and ignition.
have an idea on how to fix it??? wiring is the only thing holding me back i need to get it ready for H.I.N.. i need to get out of town..haha

Quick Reply: ** The offical 96-00 civic 4dr thread ** PART 2