Group Threads Club, Large Multi-Region Group, "Squad" Discussions

** The offical 96-00 civic 4dr thread ** PART 2

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 11:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: ** The offical 96-00 civic 4dr thread ** PART 2

Alright man, i went through some old pics and found some i hope will help which i placed here.
baahaha check out this oooldie of Bryan
Old 10-23-2009, 11:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Lol check what I found
http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/ctd/1434423839.html
Old 10-23-2009, 11:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

dang that's pretty cheap.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by hondaaaboy
For the dash and door panels?
yep, door pannels trim and dash. I'm gonna get a CTR armrest delete so I can match the black to that so it's closer to OEM CTR. I'm debating between type R red carpet and just regular black right now...
Old 10-23-2009, 11:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

my car needs a wash real bad.. and i need nw headlights...

Last edited by c1_sleeper; 10-23-2009 at 11:48 AM.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:32 AM

I kinda like the heat/radio dash center section in the EL there.

I hate being broke, theres a bunch of little things I wanna do right now. But rent and food comes first. Oh and school. Plus I just forked out $60 to get my girls birthday tattoo done.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:32 AM

Just give those headlights a good sand and polish. Its worked wonders on all my headlights so far. Takes some time tho.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i already did that.. after awhile it starts hazing again. i just want new ones, i'll give em a good wax and let them be
Old 10-23-2009, 12:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by portfl0w
the coupe bezels will not fit, they are not even close to the dimensions so it would take a lot of work and your better off customizing your original blank panels. i had to get my bezels ordered from some guy in Japan a few years back, the best i can do is give you guys the part numbers i used to get mine, which were shared with me originally by 93civicsedan.

hope this helps, i haven't heard anyone say these numbers worked for them. but maybe noone has tried, or just noone has said anything. i know for a fact they worked for me in the JDM, lemme know how they work for you!

not mine, but pics i saved.

Ugh, I've tried using those part numbers and I tried contacting the guy 93civicsedan recommended to me, but no response. Not looking good =/
Old 10-23-2009, 12:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

C1 that edm grill really stands out
Old 10-23-2009, 01:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by stagen
Plus I just forked out $60 to get my girls birthday tattoo done.
Damn 60, that's pretty cheap. I need to go where you are at and get some ink done. I always feel like I pay more then I should have, but it's not like buying car parts..
Old 10-23-2009, 01:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Someone please tell me how this was done! I used VHT Carpet/Vinyl dye for those little carpeted section on my interior door panels but I dyed mine black. Is this just a dye but red?
Old 10-23-2009, 01:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

no thats recovered
Old 10-23-2009, 01:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

How do you recover them? Do you have to tear off all that carpet that is glued down and then glue down your own and tuck in the edges?
Old 10-23-2009, 01:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Dont mean to sound like a dick but, honda tech had come out with this new invention its called "search"!
Old 10-23-2009, 01:35 PM

I thought $60 was a lil much for what it was. Actually came out to $80 but I could only affrd to do $60 of it. I was just a lil thing on her wrist, and she supposedly got a better deal cuz her brother is tight with the artist. I thought the price was a joke considering I got a decent sized back piece that goes between my shoulders for $175.
Old 10-23-2009, 01:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks port.. so that carpet you ordered from that website seemed to work??
Old 10-23-2009, 01:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i don't think it has much to do with the air temperature as it does with the air density. from what i've experienced IAT is subordinate to MAP, o2 and ECT. i know that IAT must be important to some degree, but it would seem to me like the MAP o2 and ECT should be enough for the ecu to at least run decent. plus the car runs in what is know as open loop which means it does not even take many of the critical sensors values into account until the car reaches a certain temperature threshold at which point the entire circuit becomes closed and the ECM is fully aware (many times when a sensor is faulty and the ECM hits closed loop the fault becomes more apparent). when in open loop the ECM is in a way blind and makes up, or runs off of predetermined values until it trusts itself. so you know how it kinda runs a little high in the morning? it's cuz its trying to get the oil pressure up, and the temps up. it's scopin out the ECT the whole time and you can even hear the car drop RPMs in increments as the ECT values change. does your car change as it warms up, or just run like poo all the time?
Totally understand all of the above.

On first start the idle is a little higher but it only drop about 500-700rpm after warming up but since its starting from 2.5k at the end of the warm up it's still idling way too high.

I'm starting to think that all the people in Calgary are incompetent in tuning crome because I had a hell of a time even getting it tuned.

I'll see about switching it over to Hondata next summer or since it's going to be a summer only car if it runs good next season I might just leave it as is.

I feel like an idiot going against the grain on the engine swap and getting something different, but I thought it would have been a simple plug and play as most honda engine swaps are but that's been proven extremely wrong haha.

Anybody out there ever even heard of the F20B or had experience want to pitch in their info?

I've read some other forums and there are few people running them without problems so I have no idea what the problem is up here other then the retards that don't want to tune crome(which is the same as hondata pretty much).

Also on another note, I was cruising the VW forums and came across the Stance of the Union thread and noticed a green sedan with gold rims...I'll try to find the pic but is that anyone's car in here?
Old 10-23-2009, 02:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Speaking of recovering... I need to do mine still, im sick of them lol they look like an ***.. TwoToes, you weren't rude at all bro, perfectly reasonable post. People need to search instead of cluttering threads with the same info over and over. There are tons of DIY threads on this site, that's how I learned how to do mine.

Boo rain! I need to replace my fog light bulb still.. maybe i'll just tough it out and get down and dirty lol.
Old 10-23-2009, 02:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TwoToes
Dont mean to sound like a dick but, honda tech had come out with this new invention its called "search"!
I don't mean to sound like a dick either, but I have searched. And what I've found is DIYs and "How to" threads out that wazoo for coupes and hatches and a few other misc. hondas, but none for EK sedans. But maybe I'm searching all the wrong keywords (of which I've tried multiple combinations) so throw me a bone?

Originally Posted by Moosecakes
Speaking of recovering... I need to do mine still, im sick of them lol they look like an ***.. TwoToes, you weren't rude at all bro, perfectly reasonable post. People need to search instead of cluttering threads with the same info over and over. There are tons of DIY threads on this site, that's how I learned how to do mine.

Boo rain! I need to replace my fog light bulb still.. maybe i'll just tough it out and get down and dirty lol.
Same goes to you. I realize both of your intentions are for the best: to keep the thread clutter-free, and I agree with your intentions.

I've also taken a good look at the reverse side of the panels, so I know they aren't removeable like coupes or hatches.
Old 10-23-2009, 03:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yep, they are sort of a bitch to do, since you seem to be honest in your searches, i'll give you some help,

the best way that i've read is to basically rip your old panels off, tape off about 3-4" all the way around the insert area with blue painters tape *wont leave a residue and wont **** the panel up. Then cut a square of your material to cover the area leave plenty of excess. Get a good adhesive, I used 3M upholstery adhesive. Then spray the back of your fabric and the door panel, let it tack then set it on there, then gently push it down so you have no creases. *works best pushing inside to outside* and let it settle for a few mins, then push it into the creases.

let it set, then trim carefully with the sharpest mo ****ing razor blade you have. Oh and theres going to be some **** behind the factory fabric like a texture ****, get a razor and scrape them clean or your panels will look like *** and be bumpy.

If I do mine this weekend i'll take pics. biggest thing is just take your time and make sure it sticks well or you'll end up like me having to do it twice.
Old 10-23-2009, 03:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

dang that's pretty cheap.
ohh yeah?? how much do they normally go for fully registered and all? i am thinking of buying it and using it as my dd
Old 10-23-2009, 03:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

some pretty weak questions in here lately. i suggest you guys use your intuition and gut feel a little more than just relying solely on the thoughts and conclusions of someone else. this is a sedan thread, not a how to thread. granted i'm sure a couple of us are more than happy to help, please ask your specific questions in a general manner so we can all benefit from them. if we cant find you the answer in here, i would also expect whoever brought the Q up to find a answer and bring it back to us. share the knowledge and make mistakes. it's the only way to learn. plus, noone wants to be spending all day helping you guys. for example, i have spent quite some effort on a few of my recent posts in trying to help and they are followed up by even more silly questions. a thanks and please would be nice to.
Old 10-23-2009, 03:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^agreed
Old 10-23-2009, 03:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Quick Reply: ** The offical 96-00 civic 4dr thread ** PART 2