Group Threads Club, Large Multi-Region Group, "Squad" Discussions

***HT's Official EJ8 Squad***

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 11:00 AM
HRD PKR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (gabebauman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gabebauman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Nonsense...You guys hush now...I have -1.8 driver side and -1.7 passenger side rear camber with stock uca's and with a proper four wheel ALIGNMENT...my tires see no abnormal/uneven wear. At an appropriate ride height...correct TOE settings are what keep your tires from harm.</TD></TR></TABLE>

exactly! i have 1.5 and 1.5 and no camber wear! its called proper alignment as he says!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just use washers! thats what i did to get 1.5 on both! no camber=bad
Old 12-01-2007, 11:14 AM

Default Re: (B16B_coupe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B16B_coupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

exactly! i have 1.5 and 1.5 and no camber wear! its called proper alignment as he says!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just use washers! thats what i did to get 1.5 on both! no camber=bad</TD></TR></TABLE>

Washer trick works well, as stated by Kevin. You might want to have a tap with you when you do it. Sometimes that undercoating can get into the threads. I ended up getting adjustable arms for convenience sake and to make it easier while on the alignment rack.

Like Gabe and Kevin said, correct the toe and you're set.
Old 12-01-2007, 11:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Gabe, where did you say you got your 3 year unlimited alignment at? What'd it cost you? I raised the car back up for winter, and need another alignment. I don't want to have to keep paying for them every time.
Old 12-01-2007, 11:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (ericschimmel)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ericschimmel &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Gabe, where did you say you got your 3 year unlimited alignment at? What'd it cost you? I raised the car back up for winter, and need another alignment. I don't want to have to keep paying for them every time.</TD></TR></TABLE>

TiresPlus...sometimes they have a special for $99.00
Old 12-01-2007, 11:38 AM
GO GIANTS!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gabebauman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

TiresPlus...sometimes they have a special for $99.00</TD></TR></TABLE>

New Avitar
Old 12-01-2007, 11:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (HondamanXxX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HondamanXxX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">New Avatar </TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL...yeah...here it is original size.
Old 12-01-2007, 11:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Damn, you changed it before I could get my comment in.
Old 12-01-2007, 12:08 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gabebauman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

TiresPlus...sometimes they have a special for $99.00</TD></TR></TABLE>

Do they charge extra for adjusting control arms to dial in the alignment?
Old 12-01-2007, 12:09 PM
GO GIANTS!

LOL...yeah...here it is original size.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thats awesome Gabe!
Old 12-01-2007, 12:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (HondamanXxX)

are d16y8 rods okay for up to 200whp? i heard they break at around 230whp..
Old 12-01-2007, 12:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (FW_EJ8)

at 11psi i put down 258whp on stock y8

Old 12-01-2007, 12:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Turbo_y8)

ohh thanks for the input

but i hear its easy to spin a rod bearing?
Old 12-01-2007, 12:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

and at 7 psi i put down 204

ive been like this for 2 years..

now im shooting for 300&lt; with a bottom end build
Old 12-01-2007, 12:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

alright cool, thanks man. im planning to have my car boosted in march or so..

what turbo are you running?
Old 12-01-2007, 12:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

with any setup the key thing is the tune. i got an ecu with a basemap, streettuned a little, hit the dyno for dyno tuning and then after that street tuned again.
Old 12-01-2007, 12:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ohh nice
Old 12-01-2007, 12:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

on stock bottom end, stay conservative in the tune and youll be fine
Old 12-01-2007, 12:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

it was a cold morning today...
Old 12-01-2007, 02:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EJ8 944)

listen to gabe. I have crazy mad tyte jdm yo camber in the rear and my tires are wearing perfectly. This is because I got my toe zeroed out immediately after lowering my car.
Old 12-01-2007, 02:18 PM
Bloody Beaver

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gabebauman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Nonsense...You guys hush now...I have -1.8 driver side and -1.7 passenger side rear camber with stock uca's and with a proper four wheel ALIGNMENT...my tires see no abnormal/uneven wear. At an appropriate ride height...correct TOE settings are what keep your tires from harm.</TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B16B_coupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

just use washers! thats what i did to get 1.5 on both! no camber=bad</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Maireeka &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">listen to gabe. I have crazy mad tyte jdm yo camber in the rear and my tires are wearing perfectly. This is because I got my toe zeroed out immediately after lowering my car.</TD></TR></TABLE>

:sigh: the misinformation meter is off the charts.

When you guys go off spurting that info it should have a * by it with a disclaimer that says that you'll not notice the wear if you only drive like 10 miles a day.

My EJ8 has 0º of toe and 1.5º of camber all the way around, I watched my friend/mechanic do it right in front of me. Now my wife and I drove it to Florida and back (4000 miles in 1 week) and even with the normal all season tires we drove on you could still see camber wear. Now granted I rotated them before and after the trip, but THEY STILL WILL WEAR!!!!! There is no way they won't! Zeroing the toe merely slows down the effect.

And as for using the ghetto washer trick, do it at your own risk, I did it a couple years ago as a quick fix, because all sorts of bolts were rusty and couldn't get the camber kit on right away. Well early this year when the rear disc swap and rear camber kit, etc... all went on, well with the washers in the rear bolts, the threads stretched, now just rethread the hole, right? Well my mechanic started too, but then the nut that is welded in the body broke off and we had to drill a bigger hole and weld in another nut.
Old 12-01-2007, 02:27 PM
HRD PKR

Default Re: (.Beaver)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .Beaver &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

When you guys go off spurting that info it should have a * by it with a disclaimer that says that you'll not notice the wear if you only drive like 10 miles a day.

My EJ8 has 0º of toe and 1.5º of camber all the way around, I watched my friend/mechanic do it right in front of me. Now my wife and I drove it to Florida and back (4000 miles in 1 week) and even with the normal all season tires we drove on you could still see camber wear. Now granted I rotated them before and after the trip, but THEY STILL WILL WEAR!!!!! There is no way they won't! Zeroing the toe merely slows down the effect.

And as for using the ghetto washer trick, do it at your own risk, I did it a couple years ago as a quick fix, because all sorts of bolts were rusty and couldn't get the camber kit on right away. Well early this year when the rear disc swap and rear camber kit, etc... all went on, well with the washers in the rear bolts, the threads stretched, now just rethread the hole, right? Well my mechanic started too, but then the nut that is welded in the body broke off and we had to drill a bigger hole and weld in another nut. </TD></TR></TABLE>

i drove my car to atlanta,nashville and daily it inbetween and no camber wear at all on my tires.. i can show you ill get pics at work monday as i just replaced my rear tires cause they were slicks,

ps.. i have bigger bolts in the top arm where i used washers/ stainless bolts and some anti seize

also i never said my toe was 0.. i have mine set up a little different..
Old 12-01-2007, 02:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (B16B_coupe)

anyone here ever run a JRSC or Greddy bolt on turbo setup on their Y8??? Can you share your experience please?? What gas millage should I expect?
Old 12-01-2007, 02:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have a Greddy TD05H on my y8. Didn't do anything major, with a conservative tune, I make 186whp and still get 30+ mpg when I drive normally.
Old 12-01-2007, 03:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (.Beaver)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .Beaver &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

And as for using the ghetto washer trick, do it at your own risk, I did it a couple years ago as a quick fix, because all sorts of bolts were rusty and couldn't get the camber kit on right away. Well early this year when the rear disc swap and rear camber kit, etc... all went on, well with the washers in the rear bolts, the threads stretched, now just rethread the hole, right? Well my mechanic started too, but then the nut that is welded in the body broke off and we had to drill a bigger hole and weld in another nut. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I gotta agree with him. When I got my alignment, the toe wasn't too bad. It was the camber that was way out of whack. And my tires wore down like the tread was just falling off the car.
Old 12-01-2007, 03:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ericschimmel)

I delivered pizza for almost a year in the car, about 3k miles a month. I've put at least 15,000 miles on the car since I dropped it, and my tires are wearing perfectly. I have rotated the tires one time during this period. I'm sorry I don't have my exact camber measurements, but i do know that my toe is 0, and my camber is not. I can get pics of the tires. You can not see any uneven wear.

Quick Reply: ***HT's Official EJ8 Squad***