Notices

Your Opinon on This Intercooler Kit?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 06:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Your Opinon on This Intercooler Kit?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DC2-9...Q5fAccessories

Let me know what you think...plan on having 315hp!
Old 03-29-2009, 07:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Your Opinon on This Intercooler Kit?

intercooler sucks. get a bar and plate cooler
Old 03-29-2009, 09:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gayness. Buy from people that actually support the racers at the track. Look in the FI sponsor market place man.
Old 03-29-2009, 12:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by airwalk07143
intercooler sucks. get a bar and plate cooler
Agreed, I had that same IC kit on my very first build a long time ago, and ended up selling the IC and getting a Treadstone TR8.

Nice for a budget build, but if you're planning on 315 whp, get you something bar & plate that'll better handle your IAT's, like a Precision 350 hp IC, or another Ebay kit with a bar & plate.
Old 03-29-2009, 01:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Don't use anything treadstone. BAD BAD customer service. I would never want to do buisness with them ever again and would urge nobody else to either. Buy from a company that stands behind thier product.
Old 03-29-2009, 03:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Rooftop voter
Don't use anything treadstone. BAD BAD customer service. I would never want to do buisness with them ever again and would urge nobody else to either. Buy from a company that stands behind thier product.
I never had a problem with them, but I dont have that IC anymore either, I stepped up to a Precision 600.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

holy crap that thing has like 5 fins per inch....look for a quality used IC if your on a budget....I've owned several crappy IC before and you'll be much happier with a quality core. plus you'll get more power and reliability out of it. Im running a precision
Old 03-29-2009, 09:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sorry to thread jack, but can anyone give any insight on a intercooler from greddy (i.e. trust) and how they are quality wise? good or bad? overpriced? etc? reason i ask is because i have a greddy intercooler and i was wondering if it would serve my purposes for my build? any help is appreciated...
Old 03-29-2009, 09:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Silva Bullit DC4
I never had a problem with them, but I dont have that IC anymore either, I stepped up to a Precision 600.
The customer service was terrible. Guy acted like it's rocket science to attach some intercooler piping. The **** didn't fit, no how, no way, I even took it to my local speed shop to have them look at it just to make sure I wasn't a dumbass. They said the the same thing, that there would have to be major modification done to the piping in order to get it to fit right. A little cutting and such is no big deal, to be expected, but c'mon, NOTHING was lining up. If I was gonna have to have the pipes modded extensively, I would have just paid for custom bends. I called and wanted to return them, and they said they wouldn't take them back because they have marks were I tried to fit them, and told me if I bought THIER turbo kit, I wouldn't have had any issues!. Understandable if I didn't want them anymore, NOT excusable if the product is bunk! The guy even went as far as to tell me that my local shop was trying to con me into buying a custom set of pipes from them. Like I'm an idiot and can't see that they don't fit for myself. I'm not sure if I got the wrong piping by accident or something, but a company that basicly told me "sorry about your luck" with no interest at all in trying to find a resolution doesn't deserve to be in buisness NOR trusted.

On a side note, I was going to use one of thier intercoolers, and my local tuners advised against it highly, and pointed me at precision. Told me they had nothing but problems with Treadstone intercoolers not bieng able to hold up to road abuse, i.e rocks, sticks, **** that's on the road, ETC. Can't say anything about that from personal experiance, just what I was told. looks like you did good going with precision though. I went with a full race intercooler as I found one used at a great price, and it seems very robust, so I know I made a good decision there.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by omiehomie
sorry to thread jack, but can anyone give any insight on a intercooler from greddy (i.e. trust) and how they are quality wise? good or bad? overpriced? etc? reason i ask is because i have a greddy intercooler and i was wondering if it would serve my purposes for my build? any help is appreciated...
^^I second this question as well as the apology to the OP.

Was offered a used 18r greddy intercooler, any of you guys have any experience with this intercooler or greddy intercoolers in general? What are your opinions on them?
Old 03-30-2009, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by jpo20
^^I second this question as well as the apology to the OP.

Was offered a used 18r greddy intercooler, any of you guys have any experience with this intercooler or greddy intercoolers in general? What are your opinions on them?