Notices

Yet another GReddy Profec B Spec 2 thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2004, 02:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yet another GReddy Profec B Spec 2 thread

Ok I need a little confirmation from some Profec B Spec 2 users. I followed the installation instructions and hooked the boost controller up the way the external wastegate diagram shows. However, I was browsing thru some earlier threads on the Profec B 2 and some claimed the english installation instructions are wrong and the controller should be hooked up the way the internal wastegate diagram shows. The car isn't running yet so I can't test it out to see if this is true or not. Can anyone confirm that even for an external wastegate, the boost controller should be installed the way the internal wastegate diagram shows?

If anyone has picturse or a link to where I can find some it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-23-2004, 02:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'll tell you how I have mine hooked up on my Greddy kit, and it works great:

The sending unit itself it is located behind the drivers side headlight. I have one of the nipple ports going directly to my wastegate, the other is going to a nipple on the charge pipe right after the BOV and before the TB. The signal wire from the sending unit is run along side the fender through the grommet by the brake master cylinder through the firewall and to my Profec, which is mounted under my radio in the open tray. The vacuum line coming off the Profec with the filter is run through a grommet on the passenger side firewall near the battery, from there its getting a vacuum source from a t-fitting on the FPR.
Old 08-23-2004, 02:46 PM

Default Re: (Nihilation)

Which port on the sending unit do you have going to the FPR? COM? NC? or NO?

Wait nevermind you just have the line from the port on the back of the boost controller going to the FPR, correct?
Old 08-23-2004, 02:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EM1 MIKE)

I've ran 3 according to the greddy instructions and they have all worked fine. Paul
Old 08-23-2004, 02:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EM1 MIKE)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EM1 MIKE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Which port on the sending unit do you have going to the FPR? COM? NC? or NO?

Wait nevermind you just have the line from the port on the back of the boost controller going to the FPR, correct?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yea the port on the back of the boost controller mounted inside the car is running to the FPR. The sending unit mounted under the hood has a vacuum going to the wastegate and another to a nipple on the charge pipe after the BOV.
Old 08-23-2004, 02:56 PM

Alrighty thanks for clearing that up.
Old 08-24-2004, 11:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Nihilation &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'll tell you how I have mine hooked up on my Greddy kit, and it works great:

The sending unit itself it is located behind the drivers side headlight. I have one of the nipple ports going directly to my wastegate, the other is going to a nipple on the charge pipe right after the BOV and before the TB. The signal wire from the sending unit is run along side the fender through the grommet by the brake master cylinder through the firewall and to my Profec, which is mounted under my radio in the open tray. The vacuum line coming off the Profec with the filter is run through a grommet on the passenger side firewall near the battery, from there its getting a vacuum source from a t-fitting on the FPR.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Got any pics of the mounting location for the sending unit? I just want to see exactly where you mounted it.

Thanks
Ryan
Old 08-24-2004, 01:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It's kinda just laying there....but its snug.
Old 08-24-2004, 02:03 PM

what ports should b used for the unit 4 a external wastegate? no, com, or the other one