Notices

xs power....bueno or not so bueno?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 01:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default xs power....bueno or not so bueno?

I've seen these things like every other item on ebay. They say that they're brand new and the turbos even come with a like a 2 year warranty. The only thing that the kits don't come with are normally fuel management or they didn't list oil lines or something, but for the price it just seems so sketchy. So does anyone actually have one of these systems or know someone that does. I appreciate all the help, the big yellow sign beside is pretty obvious so if you have opinions that would be awesome but don't expect me to know much about....much. thanks again
Old 01-12-2006, 01:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: xs power....bueno or not so bueno? (philscivic101)

Here https://honda-tech.com/zerosearch
Old 01-12-2006, 01:40 PM

Default Re: xs power....bueno or not so bueno? (Importordomestic)

look heres the deal, the **** is either good or not, it doesn't take long for someone to say hey noob...I'll help you out, yes they are good, or no they are not. That is the only thing i want to know.So once again thanks for .02, come again
Old 01-12-2006, 01:52 PM

all hes saying is to do a search and you will find that this topic has been covered many a time,
https://honda-tech.com/zerosearch

or here
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1474631

as you can see there stuff is not well rated, and is most likely going to fall apart on you so don't buy it, as to answer you sample question it is no bueno
Old 01-12-2006, 02:00 PM

Default Re: xs power....bueno or not so bueno? (all go teg)

moochass grassyass, i know that they're all over here, but it just didn't seem like anyone really said good or bad. I just needed to here someone say no or yes to make it final. I just wanna make sure I buy something safe and reliable so the **** doesn't blow up while my daughter is in the back seat. Thanx again.

SOHC POWER
Old 01-13-2006, 05:48 PM

people say its crap but i have alot of parts from them and they get 2 thumbs up i never had a problem. 10 000 miles on my setup
Old 01-13-2006, 07:15 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My review on one model of turbo that they offer from another thread:

Well, the T3/T4 57 trim showed up today, and I already have it fully disassembled. Here are the results:

Shipping: Damn good. The turbo was shipped the same day they received payment, double packaged, and well protected. No damage was caused during shipment.

Packaging: Double boxed with foam inserts.

Instructions: Poor at best, but if you are buying this item, you better know what to do with it.

Compressor Housing: Semi-Polished and good finish machining. This is NOT a two piece housing, it is a one piece cast unit.

Backing Plate: Nice finish machining, but the surface exposed to airflow is as-cast. This is an oversight that should be fixed. It will function fine as is, but I will machine mine before installation.

Compressor Seal: Same as the one in a high quality rebuild kit I recently purchased.

Thrust Bearing: Finely finished Brass 270* unit. Good to go.

Journal Bearings: Finely finished standard Brass Units. Good to go.

Backing Plate O-Ring: Cut and pinched upon initial installation. Probably wouldn't have leaked, but sloppy workmanship none the less.

Center Section: Good finish machining.

Turbine Seal: Same as the one in a high quality rebuild kit I recently purchased.

Exhaust Housing: Good finish machining. A ton of hand finishing was done for cosmetics. I assume their casting process leaves the exterior of the housing very rough. Wastegate port is way too small for a turbo of this size. I don't recommend running it with an internal gate. I recommend porting it and radiusing it to remove stress risers, so the housing won't crack.

Balancing: Both turbines were balanced. I do not have the means to test the accuracy, but a fair amount of effort was taken to balance the assembly.

Unfortunately some idiot who had his car and insurance for a total of two days decided to pull out in front of me last Sunday. So with that my test platform is now totaled. As soon as the insurance companies get their **** together I will have a new beater. I assume this turbo will be installed mid Feburary, and I will update this then.

Old 01-13-2006, 07:36 PM

Default Re: xs power....bueno or not so bueno? (Jim Truett)

hrmmm are you a turbo rebuilder ?? if not i dont think you shoudl be really reviewing to give out possible false information.

i can make a weld look bling as expletive. but a person who knows what they're lookin at may say " hey thats undercut or its only a fusion weld" but to the normal eye its " TIGHT YO !"
Old 01-13-2006, 08:25 PM

Default Re: xs power....bueno or not so bueno? (project dc2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by project dc2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hrmmm are you a turbo rebuilder ?? if not i dont think you shoudl be really reviewing to give out possible false information.

i can make a weld look bling as expletive. but a person who knows what they're lookin at may say " hey thats undercut or its only a fusion weld" but to the normal eye its " TIGHT YO !"</TD></TR></TABLE>

As someone who has rebuilt a few turbos and is a machinist by trade, I stand by my statements.
Old 01-13-2006, 09:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

XS Power = Malo, Very Malo. Partes Mierderas (Shitty Parts).
Old 01-14-2006, 03:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jim Truett &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> REVIEWS
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I agree. I personally think its supperb looking. Few local guys ran it without any problems. Cast housing is 1 peice, not 2 like everybody thinks!

I have personally bought one, and will soon test it out. ( I own a turbonetics right now, awsome turbo.)

After I fixed my return line, Im off to go with finishing up the test. Maybe run it for 6 months+ and see how it last. Being that, I have my setup running completely good, so I wont be able to blame it on others things. ^_~
Old 01-14-2006, 03:27 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jim Truett &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">As someone who has rebuilt a few turbos and is a machinist by trade, I stand by my statements.</TD></TR></TABLE>

if you are then good. at least you have experience with tolerances etcc
Old 01-14-2006, 09:01 AM

Default Re: xs power....bueno or not so bueno? (project dc2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by project dc2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

if you are then good. at least you have experience with tolerances etcc </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yep, and I post here under my own name, so the last thing I want to do is stain my reputation.
Old 01-14-2006, 12:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

just read his feedback.