Notices

WTF?? vtec engagement point went up when i put in dsm 450cc's WTF??

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2003, 07:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTF?? vtec engagement point went up when i put in dsm 450cc's WTF??

I posted this here cuz I know that u guys use DSM injectors more than Allmotor guys.
I was wondering if anyof you guys had this happen. It used to be at like 5200rpm and its at like 5800rpm now. Nothing else changed except injectors. I have a safc. It is in the 13:1 c/r Ls/vtec frankenstien motor spec'd below. Any input would be helpful. Its not a big problem, I just want to know why it happened.
Old 10-09-2003, 08:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: WTF?? vtec engagement point went up when i put in dsm 450cc's WTF?? (1_bad_EF)

Did you verfiy this with the SAFC or did you just look at the tach for a rough estimate?
Old 10-09-2003, 08:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: WTF?? vtec engagement point went up when i put in dsm 450cc's WTF?? (1_bad_EF)

you think that you may be running so rich from 5200-5800 that you can't feel the increase in power?
Old 10-09-2003, 08:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: WTF?? vtec engagement point went up when i put in dsm 450cc's WTF?? (ricodemus)

im an anti-vtec guy (not really, i just liek to make power without it). But aren't there requirements for your car to go into vtec? for example: Oil pressure, speed, rpm (obviously), water temp (is the car warmed up?), and fuel pressure?

If fuel pressure is one of them, you might not be making enough fuel pressure and maybe it goes up to just enough at 5800. This could be a possibility, however i do not think that fuel pressure chagnes vtec engagement.
Old 10-09-2003, 09:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: WTF?? vtec engagement point went up when i put in dsm 450cc's WTF?? (tegasaurus)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tegasaurus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im an anti-vtec guy (not really, i just liek to make power without it). But aren't there requirements for your car to go into vtec? for example: Oil pressure, speed, rpm (obviously), water temp (is the car warmed up?), and fuel pressure?

If fuel pressure is one of them, you might not be making enough fuel pressure and maybe it goes up to just enough at 5800. This could be a possibility, however i do not think that fuel pressure chagnes vtec engagement.</TD></TR></TABLE>

fuel pressure is not one of them, the others listed are. I don't know how the 450s would change any of those except if it were just flooding the engine during vtec engagement.
Old 10-09-2003, 09:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: WTF?? vtec engagement point went up when i put in dsm 450cc's WTF?? (green_GSR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by green_GSR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Did you verfiy this with the SAFC or did you just look at the tach for a rough estimate?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I used the stock tach and the safc. I also can tell i have to rev it higher to make it crossover.

I was a nonvtec monger to the fullest for the last 3 yrs w/ 3 ls's all at different levels of tune. This is personnaly the first vtec engine i had in my car, so vtec was kinda cool. When I got it running, I would always rev it up to hear the vtec crossover. I did it all the time and got used to where it would kick in.

Then, when i put injectors in, the crossover point was like 500rpm higher.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you think that you may be running so rich from 5200-5800 that you can't feel the increase in power?</TD></TR></TABLE>

no, when it hits, it really hits hard, and freekin' loud

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im an anti-vtec guy (not really, i just liek to make power without it). But aren't there requirements for your car to go into vtec? for example: Oil pressure, speed, rpm (obviously), water temp (is the car warmed up?), and fuel pressure?
If fuel pressure is one of them, you might not be making enough fuel pressure and maybe it goes up to just enough at 5800. This could be a possibility, however i do not think that fuel pressure chagnes vtec engagement.</TD></TR></TABLE>

fuel pressure has nothing to do with vtec. Oil pressure(20psi?), h20 temp(110degreesF), rpm(obvious), speed(20mph+) are the only ones that matter

The pr3 ecu OBD0, has a 7000rpm revlimt when the ablove parameters are not met.