Notices

wtf happened??

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2004, 05:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wtf happened??

ok well im gonna try and describe this the best i can ....forst my setup ..
b16a
thick cometic head gasket
T3/T4e turbo
dsm 450cc injectors
Safc

ok well first i went out to tune my car with my friend ..got everything done and boosted 12psi pulling hard as hell barely getting traction half way through 3rd :D ..but then on the way home my tranny is fukking up and grinds EVERY gear ...no big deal i knew i needed a new tranny ..but then as i keep going i have it in second gear and mash the gas . and the motor sounds like it is going rpms gain just like they normally would but the car feels like its going no where ..almost like its bogging ..so i continue to go home after that and then it boggs down i give it gas and it still bogs ..then dies ..i wait a min it starts up idles at like 300rpm then dies ..and wouldnt start..i pushed it home .waited for the car to cool down started it up and it started fine then i took it around the block and the samedamn thing happened...thne i let it sit and started it again and this time i just stayed in my driveway and let it idle for about 5 mins with me occasionally hitting the gas and then nothing it idles fine but not stable like it should ...i know people have had these problems i read a post but my situation seems a lil diff. any help will be greatly appreciated
Old 10-07-2004, 05:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: wtf happened?? (slo_crx)

pull out your oil dip stick, is smoke coming out of it?

stock internals i presume?
Old 10-07-2004, 05:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: wtf happened?? (TurboSmart)

no smoke i checked the oil everything is nice and clean ..i just did the turbo kit recently ..like 3 days ago and changed the oil with AMS oil and its still clean as can be .. and yes i have stock internals ..and i have no blow by at all and no smoke in the dips stick
Old 10-07-2004, 05:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

also i pulled my plugs ..(ngk bkr7e11) and they had some carbon deposit but no red or white ..but the tip was a lil silver ..they are brand new plugs though from like a few days ago ..
Old 10-07-2004, 06:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you might have fried your clutch, and its just slipping, so when you mash the gas your RPMS rise normal. but your car goes no where
Old 10-07-2004, 06:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It's bogging, do you have a boost leak? Ripped coupler, thats what it sounds like. . .
Old 10-07-2004, 06:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (CivicGSR225)

naw im pretty sure its not the clutch it hasan execdy stage 2 but it grabs like crazy ..i seriosly spin all of second and then half of third no problem ..and when the car bogs and i just mash the gas and wait for it to go back to normal i end up chirping the tires as soon as the rpms go back up cuz i had the gas mashed ..iono ..anyone with any similiar ..problems ..maybe not all the problems im having but at least one of them?
Old 10-07-2004, 06:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (slo_crx)

well i havent checked for any boost leaks yet cuz i didnt even really think about that . but it doesnt bog under high rpms or anything normally only when i try to drive normal .....but ill be sure to check for a boost leak .in the morning
Old 10-07-2004, 06:31 PM

Default Re: wtf happened?? (TurboSmart)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TurboSmart &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">pull out your oil dip stick, is smoke coming out of it?

stock internals i presume?</TD></TR></TABLE>

smoke from your dipstick doesnt always mean blown motor...
Old 10-08-2004, 01:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: wtf happened?? (uptownrickyv)

any other ideas?? i tryed to start my car today and it still did the same thing only its like a limp mode and it threw code number 4 which i think is =crank angle sensor ....i have an OBD0 b16 ...the car started fine and idled fine then as soon as i started to drive it it did the same thing over again and then thres the code and started to SUCK