Notices

Would it be safe for my stock Vtech engine on my 1996 Del Sol to run at 320rwhp/320ft troque?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2004, 09:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have been searching all over the web and still cannot findout if it would be safe for my stock Vte

I have been searching all over the web and still cannot findout if it would be safe for my stock Vtech engine on my 1996 Del Sol to run at 320rwhp/320ft troque, can any1 help me?
I am planning on changing my trannie for a rear wheel drive manaul (5 Speed). I also plan on getting a rear end, 3.75s and traction lock. Anyway, I was wondering, if it would be safe for my stock Vtech engine to run 320rwhp which is about 345hp at the engine. Anyone know? Would I have to change my stock internals? Infact, would I have to change my stock manual tranny?

I have been doing searching on this site and many other and cant find out if it would be safe for my engine or even tranny so do get pissed at me...

Your help would be really appriecated..
Old 07-15-2004, 10:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Would it be safe for my stock Vtech engine on my 1996 Del Sol to run at 320rwhp/320ft troque? (d

yeah man, as long as you get the jdm n0-0b tranny, you'll be fine, no need to change anything motor wise

i won't even give this post a thought
Old 07-15-2004, 10:06 PM

Default Re: Would it be safe for my stock Vtech engine on my 1996 Del Sol to run at 320rwhp/320ft troque? (d

Thanks for the help. Some Chevi guy told me the engine will gernade after 280hp. I will do him a favor and give him a can of whoop *** .
Old 07-15-2004, 10:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I have been searching all over the web and still cannot findout if it would be safe for my stock

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by del_sol_noob &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have been searching all over the web and still cannot findout if it would be safe for my stock Vtech engine on my 1996 Del Sol to run at 320rwhp/320ft troque, can any1 help me?
I am planning on changing my trannie for a rear wheel drive manaul (5 Speed). I also plan on getting a rear end, 3.75s and traction lock. Anyway, I was wondering, if it would be safe for my stock Vtech engine to run 320rwhp which is about 345hp at the engine. Anyone know? Would I have to change my stock internals? Infact, would I have to change my stock manual tranny?

I have been doing searching on this site and many other and cant find out if it would be safe for my engine or even tranny so do get pissed at me...

Your help would be really appriecated..</TD></TR></TABLE>
First of all, you're not going to make 320 hp. Second, where are you going to find a rear wheel 5 speed manual tranny for your del sol? Third, whats a Vtech engine???
Old 07-15-2004, 10:10 PM

Default Re: I have been searching all over the web and still cannot findout if it would be safe for my stock

If I put a turbo, change the heads, cam, exhaust, intake, intake manifold, port the heads and manifold, cam shaft and throttle body i bet I will be there.
There are some people I know with Rear Wheel MX3s and Civics, they can get me some deals and they can also help me out.
Old 07-15-2004, 10:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by del_sol_noob &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If I put a turbo, change the heads, cam, exhaust, intake, intake manifold, port the heads and manifold, cam shaft and throttle body i bet I will be there.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I really hope that right there was a joke.
Old 07-15-2004, 10:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by del_sol_noob &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If I put a turbo, change the heads, cam, exhaust, intake, intake manifold, port the heads and manifold, cam shaft and throttle body i bet I will be there.
</TD></TR></TABLE>
Then why are you asking if you're "stock" engine to run at 320hp, when clearly all those things you posted, would not make your motor "stock"
Old 07-15-2004, 10:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 07-15-2004, 10:14 PM

I'm a noob to Del Sols. Right now I am all talk, infact, I dont even know yet if there are aftermarket heads, cam, ect. Maybe you can tell me how to get to 320hp at the wheels on a del sol?

I am past my post count, i know the stuff I posted wont make my engine stock but atleast I got some answers.

Yo, you can stop post whoring now. I dont get why you guys got to make it a big deal that I said stock.
Old 07-15-2004, 10:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

</TD></TR></TABLE>
Then why are you asking if you're "stock" engine can safely run at 320hp, when clearly all those things you posted, would not make your motor "stock"
Old 07-15-2004, 10:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 07-15-2004, 10:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 07-15-2004, 10:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 07-15-2004, 10:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sell your car and buy a cavalier...

Old 07-15-2004, 10:22 PM

Why do you got to act like a *******? So what if it wont be stock, all I wanted know if the engine could handle that much power.
Old 07-15-2004, 10:24 PM

Why do you got to act like a *******? So what if it wont be stock, all I wanted know if the engine could handle that much power.
Old 07-15-2004, 10:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

before you decide to turbo your car, do us all a favor and research, then you will learn what is wrong with that statement above. Learn first about your engine, how it works, then if your feeling anxious move to forced induction.
Old 07-15-2004, 10:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

before you decide to turbo your car, do us all a favor and research, then you will learn what is wrong with that statement above. Learn first about your engine, how it works, then if your feeling anxious move to forced induction.
Old 07-15-2004, 10:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Enough of this ridiculous post quoting jesus.

Anyway, to your question I suggest w/ only 320whp you need not worry about rear wheel drive. Leave it as front wheel drive and get yourself a nice clutch and a pair of slicks (maybe axels) On stock block if you want to run 320 whp reliably get yourself some ARP/AEBS Headstuds, a cometic/inline pro lower compression headgasket and a damn good fuel management system i.e. Hondata, AEM, Uberdata.

Enjoy yourself and dont let these trolls on here looking to poke fun deter you.

Edit: It's VTEC w/o the H at the end.
Old 07-15-2004, 10:35 PM

Thanks for the info man. I'm glad to see there are people in these forums that dont troll
Old 07-15-2004, 10:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by del_sol_noob2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Why do you got to act like a *******? So what if it wont be stock, all I wanted know if the engine could handle that much power. </TD></TR></TABLE>]
What do u mean so what if the engine wont be stock, you're asking 2 diff questions then switching it around when someone answers you. In you're first post you said if a STOCK engine will handle 320 hp, then later on you add all this other stuff on to it. WHICH IS IT??? and another thing, which motor are you even talking about? How do you expect to get an answer when you ask stupid questions that are not in the slightest bit of detail? WE CAN NOT READ YOUR MIND
Old 07-15-2004, 10:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Trolling is an incorrect word. I think correcting all of your wrong statements would be another one. I'll start from the beginning. this is not to put you down. merely to tell you some things you should now about your del sol. Your car has a 1.6L 4 cylinder. Good luck making the same amount of torque as hp. There is no rwd trannies unless you did some crazy crap with the awd crv tranny and i don't think that would hold up to 320 hp. A 4 cylinder has one head, and no aftermarket ones are made (i guess you could switch to a b18c for a tad bit higher compression but not worth it). You have 2 cams.
Old 07-15-2004, 10:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

why even waste your time trying to educate this fool...let him read **** like the rest of us
Old 07-15-2004, 10:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

nobody makes heads for b16's? Try again.
Old 07-15-2004, 10:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah that was a stupid comment. didn't think b4 that one.

Quick Reply: Would it be safe for my stock Vtech engine on my 1996 Del Sol to run at 320rwhp/320ft troque?