would like feedback on my proposed turbo setup

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 04:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default would like feedback on my proposed turbo setup

After reading Corky Bell's book I have a conservative idea on what I want to do in relation to my turbo build up. Though I would like opinions or suggestions from experienced members of this board about what I have in mind.

I am going to boost my 04 Civic, it's a non vtec motor. My goal is to increase the "fun level" with a mild to moderate increase in power with a small turbo. I'm not looking for top end speed, just some spirited acceleration for the street. My expected power increase from the formulas was at the least 40hp and at the most 80hp and I expect to daily drive this car with the boost level between 6 - 8 psi. I will most likely settle for a the lower boost and power for reliability purposes. Knowing this so far, I know a rebuild of my motor won't be necessary for such a mild gain. I intend to do this with an internally wastegated T25 from a dsm though I may be considering a t3 as well. The injectors I will use will be from a rsx type-s which have a flow rate of 310cc's (or 330cc's) which are higher than the stock injectors which I believe are lower than 200. I do expect to convert to a return fuel system, replace the intank pump with a walbro 255 and add a fpr before the fuel rail. I would assume if there were ever a boost spike, this should allow adequate fuel to flow so as to not lean out and fry the motor. Since the expected boost will be low, I was considering using a piggy back ecu for fuel control such as e-manage or pcs and use an msd ignitino box for retarding the timing.

Of course there are other components I haven't addressed, but I feel these I mentioned would deffinitly be the most important.

I'd appreciate any comments or suggestions.

Thanks