Notices

Which would be best?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2002, 06:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which would be best?

I picked up 2 intercoolers from work, and they're identical at 5x17x3 core size. Now I want to mount them both, but don't know exactly how to mount them now. I originally thought to mount them in parallel, and have the charge split in two, and then have it come in as one on the throttle side. When I mounted them up, the front bumper brace was in the way, so I then thought of running them in series, stretching the whole bottom length of the front bumper. The only problem I have with this setup is the coolers aren't that large, and if I run them in series my pressure drop might be too big. I only plan on boosting 15 lbs max for now, and I'm looking to get a T3/T4E with this setup.

So, should I mount them in parallel, and make some modification to the front bumper support, or mount them in series and hope for the best? For those that have huge FMIC's, what did you do to the front bumper support? Chop it a bit in the middle? leave it in?
Old 08-12-2002, 06:23 AM

Default Re: Which would be best? (Canuk_SiR)

in series would be bad. i would assume a 5psi pressure drop across both. parallel would be the only way to go, if you can fit that of corse.

i would just sell them both and get one good one. my 2 cents
Old 08-12-2002, 10:21 AM

Default Re: Which would be best? (CovertFI)

that's what I thought too, but then I still have to deal with the bumper support. How the hell should I deal with that!