Notices

Would appreciate some advice on the best internal parts to get for next setup...

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 09:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would appreciate some advice on the best internal parts to get for next setup...

My setup:

JDM H22A (Stock)
Rev Hard Turbo Kit
Greddy Emanage
550cc Injectors

I just got my motor rebuilt and i was having a shop tune it. The air/fuel was perfectly balanced the tuner said, he did a few test runs and the motor blew at 6psi and 6k rpm!

Its blowing out white smoke from the exhaust and head filter. Any ideas? He said the pistons and rings are toast.

Anyway, he said the best thing to do is just spend the money and build that motor.

I need to get the following parts:

Sleeves?
Pistons?
Piston Rods?
Rod Bearings?
EMS (AEM Stand alone?)
Walboro Fuel pump?
Bigger Turbo?
Better Manifold?
Better Intercooler?

I appreciate your recomendations. Any help greatly appreciated. thank you
Old 09-19-2005, 09:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Would appreciate some advice on the best internal parts to get for next setup... (KaRiZMa)

"I just got my motor rebuilt and i was having a shop tune it. The air/fuel was perfectly balanced the tuner said, he did a few test runs and the motor blew at 6psi and 6k rpm!

Its blowing out white smoke from the exhaust and head filter. Any ideas? He said the pistons and rings are toast."

he blew your motor...sue him
Old 09-19-2005, 11:22 AM

Default Re: Would appreciate some advice on the best internal parts to get for next setup... (2k.civic.si)

ahh, kid what shop did you go to? I don't trust any shops in MA

seriously, he just blew your motor and expects you to just spend money to upgrade never mind fix??

first off, you don't need any internal upgrades for 6psi.. second, I woudn't worry about upgrading turbo parts until you figure out your motor problem.

whats your hp goal?
Old 09-20-2005, 02:06 PM

Default Re: Would appreciate some advice on the best internal parts to get for next setup... (turbosi03)

It was BPR in Salem Ma. hes well known tuner and i hear he is the best around here. Hes not the one that rebuilt my motor, maybe the motor was rebuilt wrong...i dont know.

I still had to pay for the tuning, he droped it down $200 tho... i dont know what im supposed to do in this kind of situation...

Its really sad because the first shop i brought it to (Established Auto in Seabrook, NH) the guy installed the prelude motor and turbo....not to mention he cut my OBD2 wiring harness and wired it into a 94 Civic EX OBD1 ECU...not to mention he didnt wire the TPS nor the ground wire for the ECU (I think)... Well anyway, when i got it back from that shop, the car was not running right...studdarding, choking, stalling....i found out the motor was blown.

Then i rebuilt it with my stepfather, hes really good at all kinds of auto stuff and he does it good. After that i brought it to BPR...he fixed the wiring on my ecu, installed the injectors, installed the boost gauge, and boost controller and was tuning it and then it blew

Thanks to all this...i am saving up some money and im going to build the motor so i can reach around 500hp is my goal.