Notices

Why dose my Greddy type S Flutter?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2004, 01:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why dose my Greddy type S Flutter?

please help.
i just installed my greddy s and it flutters like HKS ssq.
what do i need to do to make it sound like it should. the high pitched whisle.
i have the top vac. hooked up and the bottom one not.
Old 05-27-2004, 02:01 PM

Default Re: Why dose my Greddy type S Flutter? (crx616)

Try tightening the spring.
Old 05-27-2004, 02:03 PM

Default Re: Why dose my Greddy type S Flutter? (1316130057)

flutter goes away durring full boost. but still flutters at low boost. Also does not make the greddy s sound.
Old 05-27-2004, 02:18 PM

Did you read? If the sound dosen't change from tightening, then loosen it. In either case, it sounds like you're not running much boost at all, I'd estimate around 7 (which is barely enough to actuate a Type-S). Please do not respond to this as you will immediately be laughed at for trying too hard to achieve something that is unquestionably rice related.
Old 05-27-2004, 05:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Why dose my Greddy type S Flutter? (1316130057)

i've posted this before, but by all means to cover my *** . . .

*do this at your own risk, I will not be held responsible for anything*

I had this issue when I first got my new setup on and I solved it with this method.

1. Take off the allen bolts that hold the purple top on the blow off valve
2. There should be a emtal plate that looks like a silver dollar in there and 2 springs inter-twined with eachother . . . . take out one spring, and make sure it's the smaller one.
3. Put the metal coin like thing back in
4. Tighten the purple top back on using the allen bolts
5. Enjoy your Greddy Type S BOV with no flutter . . .

it does not effect the way it functions it still does it's job perfectly fine, and if you tighten it up a bit you get that crisp clean Whhhhhhhpsh!

Hope that helps you guys out as it did help me and several of my buddies.
Old 05-27-2004, 08:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ok here is what your problem is... that sound (super sequential) comes from your wastegtate... thats not your bov.. your bov does not work, and im sure when u rev high in gear and when u sweitch fast ur boost doesnt hold, it drops... take of your bov... then there is a bottom piece thats held by the spring.. loosen the top bolt all the way, and then tighten it just a tad bit.. put your bov to your mouth and give it a good feel vacum, and see if your fingers push the bottom in kinda with ease, or is it hard.. if its hard loosen it a bit more.. then put the bov back on, hook up your vacum, and then ur good to adjust your sound.. hard makes it a bit louder, but i keep mine on soft cz i only run 8 psi... hope it helps gl.. type s bov rox

Modified by TurboHybridEG6 at 6:10 AM 5/28/2004
Old 05-27-2004, 08:59 PM

Default Re: (TurboHybridEG6)

i took out one of the springs inside of the bov and boom. it works great.
thanks for you help gents.
you guys rox

thanks vtec92civic
Old 05-27-2004, 09:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i had the same problem with my greddy type-s the first time i got it and i also had the same problem with my Blitz ss bov when i first got my new car a few weeks ago. i solved it by doing so:

try spraying the valve with silicone lube, rev the car back and forth opening the valve allowing it to lube the housing. do this a few times.

then try loosening the tension bolt on top of the bov all the way. don't take it off, just put it on the lowest setting possible.

try driving around to see if it still flutters. if it does try tapping into a NEW VACUUM source. the brake boost line is probably your best bet. after finding a new vacuum source, i'm almost 100% sure your problem will go away. that fluttering usually happens to people who tap too many instruments into one vacuum source. either that or their BOVs are screwed.

anyway, hoped that helped ya out!
Old 05-27-2004, 09:06 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TurboHybridEG6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok here is what your problem is... that sound (super sequential) comes from your wastegtate... thats not your bov.. your bov does not work, and im sure when u rev high in gear and when u sweitch fast ur boost doesnt hold, it drops... take of your bov... then there is a bottom piece thats held by the spring.. loosen the top bolt all the way, and then tighten it just a tad bit.. put your bov to your mouth and give it a good feel vacum, and see if your fingers push the bottom in kinda with ease, or is it hard.. if its hard loosen it a bit more.. then put the bov back on, hook up your vacum, and then ur good to adjust your sound.. hard makes it a bit louder, but i keep mine on soft cz i only run 8 psi... hope it helps gl.. type s bov rox </TD></TR></TABLE>

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLLOLOLOL!!!! Are you for real?? You just earned your self Signature status.. You, sir, are a grade-A retard.
Old 05-27-2004, 09:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

stfu u moron... thats exactly what the problem on mine was, and whats so retarted about that?? ******* gain some knowledge b4 u talk dip ****.. my bov wasnt working, it was making the ss noise... which is YOUR WASTEGATE .. in that case your bov was too tight, so you can adjust it like i did just give vacum to it manually, and see if its shut too tight .. ******* dont listen to dumb ppl like that, just try waht i sed.. hes a moron
Old 05-27-2004, 09:31 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TurboHybridEG6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">stfu u moron... thats exactly what the problem on mine was, and whats so retarted about that?? ******* gain some knowledge b4 u talk dip ****.. my bov wasnt working, it was making the ss noise... which is YOUR WASTEGATE .. in that case your bov was too tight, so you can adjust it like i did just give vacum to it manually, and see if its shut too tight .. ******* dont listen to dumb ppl like that, just try waht i sed.. hes a moron</TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL, I'm not going to argue with you man. You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. Waste gate, lol. That's classic. Alright man....I'll humor your stupid-*** since I'm quite bored. Tell me HOW THE **** you removing a spring in your BOV changed the sound coming (supposedly) OUT OF YOUR WASTEGATE?! You ******* jackass!! lol. Thanks for the good laugh man. When you understand how a forced induction system works, we'll talk. Based on your spelling and typos, I'm going to bet that you are quite an ignorameous, and based on your responses, it appears I'm right.

On the flipside of that, to say that I don't know what I'm talking about is really setting your self up for embarassment. Of all the 800hp cars I've built, I can't say that a single one of them had a wastegate that made any sounds while at closed throttle. I'll ponder on that the next time I light tires going into 5th.
Old 05-27-2004, 10:07 PM

Default Re: (1316130057)

owned
Old 05-27-2004, 10:37 PM

Default Re: (jsdxhatch)

I do know the secret to making the type s flutter go away for sure...

buy a Tial

Seriosuly adjust the screw and screw the people with bad advice. The part about it being your wastegate sound

Old 05-28-2004, 12:02 AM

Default Re: (1316130057)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1316130057 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

LOL, I'm not going to argue with you man. You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. Waste gate, lol. That's classic. Alright man....I'll humor your stupid-*** since I'm quite bored. Tell me HOW THE **** you removing a spring in your BOV changed the sound coming (supposedly) OUT OF YOUR WASTEGATE?! You ******* jackass!! lol. Thanks for the good laugh man. When you understand how a forced induction system works, we'll talk. Based on your spelling and typos, I'm going to bet that you are quite an ignorameous, and based on your responses, it appears I'm right.

On the flipside of that, to say that I don't know what I'm talking about is really setting your self up for embarassment. Of all the 800hp cars I've built, I can't say that a single one of them had a wastegate that made any sounds while at closed throttle. I'll ponder on that the next time I light tires going into 5th.
</TD></TR></TABLE>
HAHAHAHHAHAHA......Seeing as I had one of the most shittiest days(literally) of my life that made my day. Now I can lay in pain with a smile on my face. Thanks
Old 05-28-2004, 12:15 AM

Default Re: (tegmech)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jsdxhatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> owned</TD></TR></TABLE>

Viciously.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by silverbeast &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The part about it being your wastegate sound </TD></TR></TABLE>

No joke man, this is seriously one of the stupidest things I've ever read over the course of my entire life. It threw off my concept of "stupid" and I now have to redevelop the curve all over again.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tegmech &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
HAHAHAHHAHAHA......Seeing as I had one of the most shittiest days(literally) of my life that made my day. Now I can lay in pain with a smile on my face. Thanks
</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol, I'm glad I was able to entartain you in your time of pain, lol. I almost fell out of my chair when I first read this "solution". The one of my favorite parts is: <TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dumbass &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">..tad bit.. put your bov to your mouth and give it...</TD></TR></TABLE>
Man, I thought I was going to **** my self. And then I did!

Seriously, I'd like to nominate this as one of the funniest threads ever in H-T history.
Old 05-28-2004, 12:29 AM

I agree dude, im revisting my curve also.

And, getting a Tial is going to get rid of the Greddy flutter.
Old 05-28-2004, 12:09 PM
New User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TurboHybridEG6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">stfu u moron... thats exactly what the problem on mine was, and whats so retarted about that?? ******* gain some knowledge b4 u talk dip ****.. my bov wasnt working, it was making the ss noise... which is YOUR WASTEGATE .. in that case your bov was too tight, so you can adjust it like i did just give vacum to it manually, and see if its shut too tight .. ******* dont listen to dumb ppl like that, just try waht i sed.. hes a moron</TD></TR></TABLE>

that ss sound my friend is most likely compressor surge. if your bov wasnt working properly then thats what happens. you can hear it loudest echoing from your air filter.