Notices

WHP? Whos put down the most on a stock motor with HONDATA?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2003, 11:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stock motor with HONDATA. How much WHP to expect...please help

I have a B18c5 with a T3/T04e, intercooled, 2.5 to 3 inch dp and 3 inch exhaust...On a VAFC and Vortech FMU. Tony from Jotech was able to make 255whp at 5psi with that set up. I'm just trying to get a feel what kind of numbers to expect adding a hondata with some 720 injector? Anyone help me on a guess on how much whp to expect?

Thanks guys
Old 09-24-2003, 11:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: stock motor with HONDATA. How much WHP to expect...please help (Erik B)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Erik B &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have a B18c5 with a T3/T04e, intercooled, 2.5 to 3 inch dp and 3 inch exhaust...On a VAFC and Vortech FMU. Tony from Jotech was able to make 255whp at 5psi with that set up. I'm just trying to get a feel what kind of numbers to expect adding a hondata with some 720 injector? Anyone help me on a guess on how much whp to expect?

Thanks guys</TD></TR></TABLE>

I believe he just did another type r yesterday that did 328/244..on 13 psi w/ inline pro 3mm headgasket....you better jump on the hawndata i heard this week is tony's last..
Old 09-24-2003, 11:24 AM
HT's Biggest Loser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: stock motor with HONDATA. How much WHP to expect...please help (espanol)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by espanol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> i heard this week is tony's last.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

How come?

EDIT, didnt mean to jack yer post, just wondering. hehe
Old 09-24-2003, 11:27 AM
I am a bad person

Default Re: stock motor with HONDATA. How much WHP to expect...please help (SIXTYdashONE)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SIXTYdashONE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

How come?

EDIT, didnt mean to jack yer post, just wondering. hehe</TD></TR></TABLE>

has to be a rumor!!
Old 09-24-2003, 11:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: stock motor with HONDATA. How much WHP to expect...please help (MotorMatrix.com)

yeah..i heard he's going to retire and move to florida and drive a cadi. for more info click here https://honda-tech.com/zero...age=3
Old 09-24-2003, 11:52 AM

dammit dammit dammit...ok whos next in line with HONDATA tning skills in Dallas?
Old 09-24-2003, 01:53 PM

Default Re: (Erik B)

does hondata hit a limit eventually in terms of ability to handle x amt of hp? i dont see why it would...
Old 09-24-2003, 02:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Response)

that really sucks about him leaving.......

Erik there is always Alamo you can take your car too. If you could get up with stoopid in houston ( I think thats where he is from). I always read on the awesome numbers he makes. Or last but not least buy the ROM editor and we will take it over to B&M and tune it ourselves (gotta learn sometime). Lemme know what you decide to do man.
Old 09-24-2003, 03:58 PM

Well JR the do it yourself thing sounds fun and all but I dont wanna practice on m car. Plus B&M hasnt had a dyno for about a year now. Anyway I heard Alamo doesn't like Hondas to much.....anyone else out there? Art? Motormatrix?
Old 09-24-2003, 06:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry guys, tomorrow is my last day. I'm moving on to building a tube chassis race car. I'll still be around if anyone needs fabrication, but w/o a dyno tuning will be tough. I can still be reached on here or at Bob Norwoods shop, which is only about 20 minutes from Jotech, in Rockwall...
Old 09-24-2003, 07:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (tony1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tony1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sorry guys, tomorrow is my last day. I'm moving on to building a tube chassis race car. I'll still be around if anyone needs fabrication, but w/o a dyno tuning will be tough. I can still be reached on here or at Bob Norwoods shop, which is only about 20 minutes from Jotech, in Rockwall...</TD></TR></TABLE>

might as well give Alamo a try!

good luck tony
Old 09-24-2003, 07:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (limeaccord)

echo that. good luck tony.
Old 09-24-2003, 09:47 PM
HT's Biggest Loser

Best of Luck Tony, you are going to be just fine.
Old 09-25-2003, 01:19 AM
Better than steak

Default Re: (SIXTYdashONE)

If any you guys need hondata tuned I would definatly go to Jason Herrera in houston. When tony makes big HP on hondata Jason in mostly all cases can match the hp too. St00pid will get you hp you want.

art
Old 09-25-2003, 02:01 AM

Default Re: (Arturbo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Arturbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If any you guys need hondata tuned I would definatly go to Jason Herrera in houston. When tony makes big HP on hondata Jason in mostly all cases can match the hp too. St00pid will get you hp you want.

art</TD></TR></TABLE>
Very true. Jason (st00pid) id the best in Houston when it comes to Hondata. I was about to sell my DFI Gen 7 just to have him tune a Hondata on my car. Besides that he's a true and honest guy.
Give him a call (713) 516-2081
Also check this thread out,
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=614864
Old 09-25-2003, 02:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Erik B &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well JR the do it yourself thing sounds fun and all but I dont wanna practice on m car. Plus B&M hasnt had a dyno for about a year now. Anyway I heard Alamo doesn't like Hondas to much.....anyone else out there? Art? Motormatrix?</TD></TR></TABLE>

You didnt hear man. B&M got a dynojet dyno a few weeks ago. I went by there and he sndaid that it should be installed real soon. I would say its fully operational by now.
As for Alamo I havent heard of them liking or disliking hondas but I do know that they tune hondata. As for how good I realy dunno. There are several import shops in the DFW area. Maybe you should make a post and what shops are out there.
Old 09-25-2003, 03:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Boosted99Si)

As per the EFI tuning seminar, we were told the dynojet isnt the best of dynos, u need to look for a steady state dyno I believe.
Old 09-25-2003, 04:11 AM
Better than steak

Default Re: (Boosted99Si)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boosted99Si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You didnt hear man. B&M got a dynojet dyno a few weeks ago. I went by there and he sndaid that it should be installed real soon. I would say its fully operational by now.
As for Alamo I havent heard of them liking or disliking hondas but I do know that they tune hondata. As for how good I realy dunno. There are several import shops in the DFW area. Maybe you should make a post and what shops are out there.</TD></TR></TABLE>
I live here. Since tony is gone I would rather drive to houston to have jason tune it. Or wait a while till Direp gets better. Direp learns from the best tony and st00pid.

I would say the best dynos are a mustang or a super flo chasis dyno.

art
Old 09-25-2003, 07:17 AM
Smarter than you

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: stock motor with HONDATA. How much WHP to expect...please help (Erik B)

Id go to st00pid in houston if u need a high hp tune.
Old 09-25-2003, 08:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Arturbo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Arturbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I would say the best dynos are a mustang or a super flo chasis dyno.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Man, don't say that! I'm just about done finalizing the papers for a Dynojet!

BTW, why are they better? And what's the Dynojet "lacking"?
Old 09-25-2003, 08:05 AM

Dam, your chit got jacked .. I was really wondering what #'s would be possible as well . were you running stock injectors when dynoed ?
Old 09-25-2003, 08:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tony1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sorry guys, tomorrow is my last day. I'm moving on to building a tube chassis race car. I'll still be around if anyone needs fabrication, but w/o a dyno tuning will be tough. I can still be reached on here or at Bob Norwoods shop, which is only about 20 minutes from Jotech, in Rockwall...</TD></TR></TABLE>

i'm already starting to miss you... ..lol...you can use our dyno to tune cars anytime.i'm sure we can work something out, maybe some late night dyno sessions.
Old 09-25-2003, 08:29 AM
HELLO,GOOD MORNIN'

Default Re: (limeaccord)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by limeaccord &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

might as well give Alamo a try!

good luck tony </TD></TR></TABLE>

I would go to Jason-st00pid before Alamo. My friends motor is blown becuase of Alamo.

Tony has our back somthing nice may come through.
Old 09-25-2003, 09:48 AM
Smarter than you

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (98CTRCoupe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 98CTRCoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Man, don't say that! I'm just about done finalizing the papers for a Dynojet!

BTW, why are they better? And what's the Dynojet "lacking"? </TD></TR></TABLE>

theres nothing wrong w/ a dynojet, you just can't apply real world loads on it.
Old 09-25-2003, 12:19 PM

Default Re: (DIRep972)

Huh....I was under the assumption that Dynojet what the best of the best. Lawrence Connley just bought a Mustang dyno and he told me something about different options for top end tuning, wheater, and i forgot what else. Looks nice though!

Quick Reply: WHP? Whos put down the most on a stock motor with HONDATA?