Notices

Who runs ACCEL DFI on their daily driven?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2002, 09:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who runs ACCEL DFI on their daily driven?

ok for those of you who run the dfi- i have some q's if you could help out with:

we have a pretty good amount of exp. with wiring troubleshooting and tech work and turboeg and i will probably attempt, so between the two of us we should be able to wire it up ok....but first:

how did you pass insp. with no gauges..and, does the mph gauge work? i dont think it will but...im not sure

wiring it into the stock sensors will require us to cut these sensors off the stock harness and re-wiring them to the dfi? or tapping right into the sensors on the stock harness and leaving the stock harness there, basically wiring into it...rather then taking the whole entire stock harness out and replacing it with our dfi harness-
next,
will my abs still work, or is the abs pretty much wasted space weitgh with dfi...or is the abs controlled elsewhere?

i am wondering wether to sell my dfi and just go with a plug and play (maybe hondata or pms with some 450's)wich weill save me time headaches and money or wire the dfi in, lose my interior gauges possibly my abs...or more? i can no longer stay at 6psi and the inline with fmu setup...its growing older by the day, and my dfi is sitting pretty in my garage. im at a decision i cant make...i need some help, any is much appreciated thanks.
Old 08-25-2002, 11:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Who runs ACCEL DFI on their daily driven? (DA666)

what u need to do with dfi is cut up your stock harness and keep the wires u need for the stock sensors...whatever that being... say u want your stock oil pressure light, tach and water temp guage. cut these wires with their respectable plugs and essentially leave those wires intertwined with the dfi... they will have nothing to do with the dfi... they will just run ur interior guages

u can make the speedometer work... just have to wire it back up

theres a lot of ways to wire up the dfi as well... u can rip out the stock harness and use the dfi harness with gm sensors (which u have to make fit)... u can use the dfi harness and put all the honda plugs onto it... u can use the stock harness and just make an adaptor harness of some sort to adapt to the dfi... (good luck with the last one though unless u have a source for plugs)

i believe abs is completely on its own... dont quote me on it as im not 100% sure

which dfi do u have anyway? the old one or the new one? if i was u i would go with the dfi... but then again im biased as i have one im putting in my car... dont forget if u have the new dfi u have to modify the distributor to make it work in sequential firing

hth
Old 08-25-2002, 12:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Who runs ACCEL DFI on their daily driven? (ek9t)

Yeah...you will still run your stock honda ecu was well as the dfi. The stock ecu will keep all the other stuff in the car working as in tach, water temp and mph gauge...stuff like that. You dont even have to cut that wirring up. When you bought the dfi, you got just a blank pigtail wirring harness right? Just make that with the sensor clips you need.
Old 08-25-2002, 01:45 PM

Default Re: Who runs ACCEL DFI on their daily driven? (ninesecrx)

Yeah...you will still run your stock honda ecu was well as the dfi. The stock ecu will keep all the other stuff in the car working as in tach, water temp and mph gauge...stuff like that. You dont even have to cut that wirring up. When you bought the dfi, you got just a blank pigtail wirring harness right? Just make that with the sensor clips you need.
HUH? You won't need to run the stock ecu and run dfi ecu as well. Like Tom said, there are two different ways of wiring up the dfi.

1) you can graph the 2 harness together.
2) ripe out the stock harness and replace it with dfi harness.

Old 08-26-2002, 04:21 PM

Default Re: Who runs ACCEL DFI on their daily driven? (ninesecrx)

yes it is the older version dfi, which is a pigtail wiring like you said...
just splice into the stock water temp wires and splice in the other dfi sensors required to run the dfi essentially. okay thanks alot for the replys.

one more question....i can run the stock honda ingnition or should i go with a msd ign or accel ing. any inputs from you guys who have run it or run without external ing coils...would be cool...thanks for the help.
Old 08-27-2002, 06:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'd run the ACCEL 300+ ignition with the DFI.....

Old 08-27-2002, 06:36 AM

Default Re: Who runs ACCEL DFI on their daily driven? (gigantor)

i just run a msd 6al with my dfi gen 7
Old 08-27-2002, 07:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeha I used to run dfi stadn alone and without stock honda ecu. All sensors work fine you just ned to get an old honda harness to keep oil pressure sensors, vss, tach (read of msd tach out), starter, fan switch, alternator and coolant temp. Fuel level should remain in tact with the stock leveler jsut need to route power to the leveller.

greg