Notices

Who is DRAG?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2002, 11:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who is DRAG?

I purchased a DRAG III kit for my LS and it produced such low numbers on the Dyno that we thought that the tranny might have something wrong with it since it is an auto...After looking at everything we determined that the tranny was not the problem - it was the turbo!! Now this kit is only about 1 month old and I need to find out who owns DRAG or who the contact is for the kit. I know that there are many retailers who sell the kit but I need to know who they got it from. Has anybody dealt with DRAG direct? The turbo had so much shaft wobble that the compressor wheel would actually rub the housing!!!
Old 05-08-2002, 12:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Who is DRAG?

I purchased a DRAG III kit for my LS and it produced such low numbers on the Dyno that we thought that the tranny might have something wrong with it since it is an auto...After looking at everything we determined that the tranny was not the problem - it was the turbo!! Now this kit is only about 1 month old and I need to find out who owns DRAG or who the contact is for the kit. I know that there are many retailers who sell the kit but I need to know who they got it from. Has anybody dealt with DRAG direct? The turbo had so much shaft wobble that the compressor wheel would actually rub the housing!!!
Contact the shop that sold you the kit, I would at least start there. If you bought it from Ben, I am sure he will help you out.
Old 05-08-2002, 12:08 PM

Default Re: Who is DRAG? (2K_TEG)

EDIT... whoops i reread the post.. nothing i said was relevant

[Modified by sushibug, 9:12 PM 5/8/2002]
Old 05-08-2002, 12:10 PM

Default Re: Who is DRAG?

TURBOED-TEG, I found this number through a search of the forum. It is 818-867-5309. I hope this helps.
Good Luck!
Old 05-08-2002, 01:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Who is DRAG? (turbo Si)

HM....ANOTER BLOWN TURBONETICS TURBO
Old 05-08-2002, 01:50 PM

Default Re: Who is DRAG? (SiRkid)

how did you determine that the turbo was fucked up??Was there anything else wrong with you car? Mine hesitates alot under full load...I was thinking it could be the turbo may be the problem with my car...I had low dyno #s too...196whp and 118tq..yes 118tq with a b16a and drag III....5.5psi btw..the guy that I got my turbo from, gave me a warentee on all of the parts..

[Modified by shorty, 10:50 PM 5/8/2002]
Old 05-09-2002, 06:15 AM

Default Re: Who is DRAG? (shorty)

94hondahybrid:

When I received the turbo kit the turbo had a turbonetics rebuild tag on it with a balance ceritification number. So I know the turbo was remanufactured. That is not a problem if the turbo's are warranted. Turbonetics said that the turbo looked like it had been shut down too hot, well my turbo timer isn't installe yet, but I usually let the car cool for 20 min to upwards of an hour (forgot it was running). We have determined that the turbo must have been blown before installation as we never sensed a horse power loss of the last month since installed.

Shorty:
You think your car dynoed low - my car only hit 149 hp on the dyno with a b18b and an automatic tranny...hence we thought we were getting very bad parastic loss, when I took the car to have it looked at, it was determined that the tranny was fine and the turbo was the problem. The night the turbo install was complete till now (1 month) the horse power has not changed.
Old 05-09-2002, 06:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default re

94hondahybrid:

When I received the turbo kit the turbo had a turbonetics rebuild tag on it with a balance ceritification number. So I know the turbo was remanufactured. That is not a problem if the turbo's are warranted. Turbonetics said that the turbo looked like it had been shut down too hot, well my turbo timer isn't installe yet, but I usually let the car cool for 20 min to upwards of an hour (forgot it was running). We have determined that the turbo must have been blown before installation as we never sensed a horse power loss of the last month since installed.
turbonetics does not sell rebuilt turbos as new, the tag on your turbo shoes that it left the factory high speed VSR balanced and that everthing is to specs, if its broken and the mailman didnt do it, it your own install!
Old 05-09-2002, 10:31 AM

Default Re: re (rtype11)

I'm not going to argue with you over this - the tag specifically said that it was a rebuilt unit!!! Turbonetics is repairing the turbo free of charge - I am justing trying to get DRAG to compensate for the expenses I have determining that DRAG sold me a faulty turbo.