Notices

Where to locate map sensor?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 11:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Where to locate map sensor?

How close exactly does the map sensor need to be to the intake mani? I just switched to a motorolla 2.5bar sensor on my car and for the time being t'd it off into my bov line which is ran pretty far from the manifold. I didn't have the resources at the moment to rig it up somewhere closer to the manifold so this is where i placed it for the time being. Now most everything seems fine, but I believe the sensor location is causing slow response time from the sensor. For instance when I get off the gas and then kinda jab the throttle quick it will hesitate pretty bad which makes shifting under normal driving a pain in the ***. Also when i shift wot from say 3rd to 4th gear it goes a full point lean for a second in 4th gear which almost seems like it doesn't read the boost fast enough. I've never had these problems before on my car or other cars running stock and gm 3bar map sensors with uberdata. Now is this something funky in the program or is it because my map sensor isn't seeing the pressure increase quick enough? Thanx to anyone that can help me.
Old 07-05-2006, 11:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Where to locate map sensor? (SOHC_MShue)

I doubt its the sensor location... Sounds like tuning to me.

If you want to test this theory, why dont you simply run a vac line directly to the sensor & disable the BOV for the test ?

Old 07-06-2006, 06:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

once you get my adapter it will perform faster and accurate since it will be on the same location where the stock MAP is
for those who dont know what i am talking about....
http://www.tcecnc.com/SENSOR01.JPG
Old 07-06-2006, 07:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Where to locate map sensor? (mtber)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mtber &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I doubt its the sensor location... Sounds like tuning to me.

If you want to test this theory, why dont you simply run a vac line directly to the sensor & disable the BOV for the test ?</TD></TR></TABLE>
The tuning is fine. Afrs are perfect throughout the pull except when I let off the gas to shift and then it dips into the fuel cut and for whatever reason takes way too long to catch back up and dump in enough fuel. If I WOT shift it doesn't go lean going into the next gear. Seems like a possible tip in problem, but i've never had that problem with the stock map sensor using uberdata and as far as I know tip in adjustment in uber doesn't work. I've also adjusted the map cut all over the place to correct the drivability issues when letting off the throttle and getting back on, but nothing helps. The map cut has never been controlled that great in uberdata anyways so that could be the problem.
Old 07-06-2006, 10:17 AM

Default Re: Where to locate map sensor? (SOHC_MShue)

Uberdata is probably your problem
Old 07-06-2006, 10:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Where to locate map sensor? (mtber)

yea i guess i'll have to just start tuning in crome now. I think i've gotten most of my problems with crome worked out, but still have problems with datalogging giving me a bad connection error every time I restart it and i end up having to unplug the serial cable and then plug it back in. I did a full tune on crome 1.1.4 today with the stock map sensor and it drives great. On and off gas transition is beautiful and idle is much more stable. Once I get that mounting adapter from usdm 4gvtec i'll be doing a 2.5bar tune on it and then the stock sohc will finally be getting 15psi of abuse