Notices

Whats more reliable?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2003, 05:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats more reliable?

What is more reliable for a Greddy 18G on a 2000 Si at 8 psi . . . a Hondata S100 or a Greddy E-manage?
Also, with the Greddy, all I need is the E-manage unit correct? No OBD1 harnesses, or anything else right?

Both would be tuned by pro's

Hopefully the Greddy so I can save some cash

THanks
Old 10-02-2003, 05:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Whats more reliable? (cvclover)

if it is going to be tuned by a pro then they will both work just as good.
Old 10-02-2003, 06:45 AM
HELLO,GOOD MORNIN'

Default Re: Whats more reliable? (Gravy)

I would get hondata so you don't have to bu thjose harnesses
Old 10-02-2003, 11:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Whats more reliable? (HybridcivicLS-T)

What do you mean? With the Hondata I WILL need the harnesses. I will need a p28 ecu, and a OBDII -> OBDI harness

The E-manage wont require those correct?

Also, does the E-manage have any bugs etc that arnt good? I heard the EMS does which is why I ask

THanks
Old 10-02-2003, 11:17 AM
HELLO,GOOD MORNIN'

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cvclover &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> I will need a p28 ecu, and a OBDII -&gt; OBDI harness

The E-manage wont require those correct?

Also, does the E-manage have any bugs etc that arnt good? I heard the EMS does which is why I ask

THanks</TD></TR></TABLE>

Im not sure about E-mang. bugs, but i like hondata better. you don't have to buy the harnesses to control everything. It comes with everything you need. E-manage you still have to buy ignition, injector, sub-injector and pressure, and the connectivity kit. Just buy hondata. E-manage will be more with all the features of a S200b
Old 10-02-2003, 02:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Whats more reliable? (HybridcivicLS-T)

Dont injectors and stuff come with the Greddy turbo kit? What do I need (besides the kit and e manage and tuning) to use it?

The Hondata is gonna cost me over $600. (2b, p28 ecu, OBD 1 harness etc)

It just seemed the e manage would be cheaper. Why would I need a new ignition?
Old 10-02-2003, 05:28 PM
HELLO,GOOD MORNIN'

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cvclover &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Dont injectors and stuff come with the Greddy turbo kit? What do I need (besides the kit and e manage and tuning) to use it?

The Hondata is gonna cost me over $600. (2b, p28 ecu, OBD 1 harness etc)

It just seemed the e manage would be cheaper. Why would I need a new ignition?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Not a new ignition just a harness to control your ignition timing
Hondata is worth every penny. Just do a search you'll see.
Old 10-02-2003, 05:30 PM

uberdata&gt;hondata&gt;e-management....thats my selection process
Old 10-02-2003, 07:04 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Greddy.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
e-Manage (piggy-back fuel computer)
e-Manage is an inexpensive programmable fuel management system that allows you to properly tune your factory fuel system, without having to change the entire factory ECU system to an expensive "stand-alone" unit. The e-Manage system is a universal "piggy-back" type unit, which taps into most factory ECU wiring and it still utilizes the existing sensors. Basic functions will allow the user to slightly alter factory injector duty-cycle(± 20% at 5 preset RPM points), by intercepting and altering airflow or MAP sensor signals. For VTEC cars you can adjust the VTEC shift point.

Additional features that are built into the system, but are only accessible though the use of our PC-Windows based "e-Manage Support Tool" communication software (Please see our Authorized GReddy Support Dealers for more information) are a 16x16 Airflow Adjustmemt Map, Larger Main Injector correction adjustment, Upgrade Air Flow Meter adjustment, Boost Limiter Cut, Anti-engine Stall, VTEC-fuel adjustment, Real-time Map Trace, Real-time Display, Real-time Communication, and basic Data-logging.

With the use of our "Optional Injector Harness" and the software, the unit has the ability to control an additional 16x16 Injector duty cycle Map and the Controls for adding up to 2 Addional Sub-injectors. If the "Optional Ignition Harrness" and the software is used the unit has the ability to control a 16x16 Ignition Timing Map. All of the above Maps can also be Map-traced in Real-time as well. If the factory range of Map or Airflow meter is surpassed, you can incorperate our "Optional GReddy Pressure Sensor and Pressue Harness" to set larger scales of ajustment.

All installation and tuning should only be made by a trained techntion with proper Air/Fuel Monitoring tools.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

From what I gather, you're chaning over to a "programmable" blue box. You don't need an OBD2-OBD1 conversion harness because again, (I'm assuming you've already got it on) you're just switching out the boxes.

If you go Hondata, you are correct, you'll need to purchase the conversion harness as it won't work on OBD2 ecus.

Both systems are reliable, so long as the tuner is competent.