Notices

Greddy Emanage Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 10:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greddy Emanage Tuning

Is the greddy emanage (the blue one not the new "ultimate" version) a good tuning tool? I was thinking of running hondata, but I found an emanage still in the box with everything it came with and the guy only wants 210 for it. So is it worth it or should I just go with hondata. Sorry to be asking so many questions but, I like to do things right the first time.
Old 01-17-2006, 11:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Greddy Emanage Tuning (BRIJPURT13B)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BRIJPURT13B &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">DOOD GET UBERDATA..GREDY E-MANGE IS JUST NO DAT GUUD UV TOONING TOOOL..AN NO WURTH NO 210 DOLARS..GET UDERDATA IT FREE AN</TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't know how other people feel but, please try to use some spelling, I don't even care about the caps lock but, that 2 lines took me awhile to read.

So one vote for uberdata I guess.
Old 01-18-2006, 02:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Greddy Emanage Tuning (broketuner-egb16a)

You forgot to tell us the key info to your question.

What's your setup? You don't need anything if your car is stock you know

I vote for Uberdata/Hondata/etc... for anything that involves boost and larger injectors.
Old 01-18-2006, 07:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Greddy Emanage Tuning (Tony the Tiger)

It will be a turbo version(Most likely a pieced together setup) of the car in my sig. an eg hatch with a mildly modded b16 sorry for not pointing that out. running a USDM p30 ecu(OBD I of course). Basically I just want to know if emanage can even remotly compete with hondata and is it worth the 210 for the emanage system.
Old 01-18-2006, 04:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

TTT. Any other opinions?
Old 01-18-2006, 05:39 PM
Weq

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

210 is fairly exxy. i have picked up more then a few off ebay for 100-130. get someething from a greddy turbo kit as they have the injection harness already. They are a fairly good tool when spec'd up with all harnesses, easy to use, easy to tune with a fairly good resolution and feature set. An added bonus is u can use them on most cars so makes them easier to sell.

They arnt used much in the honda community though because of freeware/chipping tool avaible.
Old 01-18-2006, 05:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by broketuner-egb16a &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It will be a turbo version(Most likely a pieced together setup) of the car in my sig. an eg hatch with a mildly modded b16 sorry for not pointing that out. running a USDM p30 ecu(OBD I of course). Basically I just want to know if emanage can even remotly compete with hondata and is it worth the 210 for the emanage system.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Compete? Not even close.

I actually just sold a new Emanage from a Greddy kit for $275. I almost fell out of my chair to think someone would pay that much for garbage.

I have first hand experience using the Emanage vs a chipped ECU and the difference is night and day. I can elaborate more, if you want, but I am just telling you that the Emanage is junk.
Old 01-18-2006, 06:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Greddy Emanage Tuning (Das Schmoo)

emanage is such a pain in the ***. its just an AFC on crack and behaves as such. Besides, you can just chip a honda ecu and have a powerful/free tuning tool (uber/crome) or even something better (neptune) if you want to pay for it.
Old 01-18-2006, 08:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So looks like Emanage isn't very good. Oh well, time to start saving for hondata I guess. Thanks for helping me avoid a 200 mistake.
Old 01-18-2006, 10:36 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

It's all in who tunes it. Some have had bad experiences, others good, like myself. I've had a great experience with the E-manage, but I also have a good tuner whose used to the system, and didn't try to do it myself... I just didn't have the time. Check to see who is available near you to tune, and get what is good for needs, and what you alreday have, and not just go looking for the crack-head deal on everything.
Old 01-19-2006, 03:33 PM
Weq

Default Re: Greddy Emanage Tuning (Bailhatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">emanage is such a pain in the ***. its just an AFC on crack and behaves as such. Besides, you can just chip a honda ecu and have a powerful/free tuning tool (uber/crome) or even something better (neptune) if you want to pay for it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

This is bullsh*t and pure misinformation. Using the injection harness you can add fuel without modifying timing at all. And if u need to use the airflow map's to modify fuel delivery, you can take out timing appropriotly with the timing maps.
Old 01-19-2006, 04:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Greddy Emanage Tuning (Weq)

also if you want to upgrade later, you can also get the profec-e01 which will let you tune it better. Don't let the Honda-tech bandwagon take you over. Get a good tuner for it, and you'll be fine. Hondata is better though...but more expensive. Uberdata is cheap but it might be hard for you to find a tuner, same for crome.

Old 01-19-2006, 07:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Greddy Emanage Tuning (Weq)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Weq &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

This is bullsh*t and pure misinformation. Using the injection harness you can add fuel without modifying timing at all. And if u need to use the airflow map's to modify fuel delivery, you can take out timing appropriotly with the timing maps.</TD></TR></TABLE>

its not misinformation and only part bullshit. All the emanage does is alter the inputs and outputs of the stock ecu, just like an AFC. It does not change the actual maps in the ECU. Im not saying it doesnt work just that its not as good or flexible as a ROM tuning setup for a Honda, which is what we are talking about. For less money you can have a much better tuning option than an emanage. This guy wants to know whats best for his honda, its not emanage no matter how you slice it.
Old 01-19-2006, 08:21 PM

E-manage has its place , and prolly isnt the best for what you have. But it will work and just like any other piggy back or stand alone it requires to be tuned properly