whats the largest fuel injectors i can use without boring out the fuel rail?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 05:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default whats the largest fuel injectors i can use without boring out the fuel rail?

looking so far it looks as though anyting above a 550cc injector will need to have the fuel rail bored out. is this right? do different brand names require different boring? thanks
Old 07-13-2007, 05:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: whats the largest fuel injectors i can use without boring out the fuel rail? (the.hamburglar)

I have 880s in my stock rail
Old 07-13-2007, 06:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: whats the largest fuel injectors i can use without boring out the fuel rail? (Bailhatch)

ok, what is the brand name?
Old 07-13-2007, 06:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: whats the largest fuel injectors i can use without boring out the fuel rail? (the.hamburglar)

precision
Old 07-13-2007, 06:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: whats the largest fuel injectors i can use without boring out the fuel rail? (Bailhatch)

were those precision injectors just plug and play? cheaper than rc hey?
Old 07-13-2007, 06:57 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Physically, you can install just about any injector into the stock fuelrail. We sell Precision, RC, and other injectors, at up to 1000cc flow rates, that will still install into the stock fuel rail.

This should be more about can the fuel rail and the rest of the fuel system, keep up with the installed injectors? This important question should be answered by research and planning. Look at the different fuel rails from reputable manufacturers, for the rated HP numbers. Don't buy untested/unproven parts, just because of a low price. If price is a main concern, watch the classifieds for the proven part that you need.

You only get to starve an engine for fuel one time, and that is just before you rebuild it. I'd rather have twice the fuel I need, waiting in the rail at all times, than to starve the engine just once.

Research and planning!

/rant off

Craig
Old 07-13-2007, 09:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The plastic on the injectors sold for Hondas has been ground down slightly to allow fitment on the stock fuel rail. I bought some injectors from Racetronix that I had to grind down with a Dremel.
Old 07-13-2007, 09:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: whats the largest fuel injectors i can use without boring out the fuel rail? (Sprockets)

It's my feeling that if I have to modify the injectors to fit the stock fuel rail, they better be some REALLY nice injectors. I like the RC injectors, and they fit stock fuel rails. Unless you need something larger than 1600cc, of course, in which case you probably wouldnt be asking questions, you'd be giving us the answers.
Old 07-14-2007, 12:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: whats the largest fuel injectors i can use without boring out the fuel rail? (locash)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by locash &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It's my feeling that if I have to modify the injectors to fit the stock fuel rail, they better be some REALLY nice injectors.</TD></TR></TABLE>

No, I was just being cheap. During inspection time I threw in the RC310 injectors that came with my Greddy kit. They were locked up and couldn't be fixed. I didn't see a reason to pay more for injectors with an RC sticker on them since I only use them once a year.