Notices

Whats Exospeeds Rep Like????

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 06:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats Exospeeds Rep Like????

Wuz up guys I am looking at buying some camshafts from exospeed and I wanted to know if you guys have heard anything good or experienced these camshafts? Here are the specs:

The Race LS camshaft is designed for the more serious LS Non-vtec fan who plans or has a full head package with the proper bolt on parts. This camshaft will still perform strongly even even with a stock block. The powerband goes way past the stock Rev Limit and pulls strong at low end all the way to high RPM. Idle is aggressive and can be difficult for daily driving. Not recommended if driving through many stop and go traffic. Significant change in gas mileage consumption. Expect it to be in the range of 15- 20mpg. Upgraded valvetrain is required especially if planning to take it up past stock Rev Limit. Highly recommended to make this cam to work to its best potential: Head package with valvetrain, headwork, and cam gear.

Gains of 12-16 HP to the wheels with combination of proper tuning and complimenting basic bolt on performance parts. Average wheel HP numbers of 175-185HP with headwork, performance header, tuning and bolt on parts

** Camshaft Core required: We need you to send your cam core so we can modify the cam to the spec of your choice. Limited cam cores in stock if you are not able to send your own cam. Contact us for availability and price.

Recommendations:

Cam gear: To make adjustments on the cam positioning to get the most power out of the camshaft.

Fuel Pressure Regulator and gauge: Make adjustments to fuel needs of the camshaft.

ISKY performance valvetrain: Take advantage of the potential of the camshaft by being able to take the engine to higher RPM than stock rev limit.

Modified ECU: Programmable ECU or chips to modify timing, fuel, and rev limit.

Performance Headwork: Port and polish with refreshened parts(valve seals and machining)

Higher compression bottom end: Check out our Stage 1 to Stage 4 LS race blocks. Higher compression block and built head setup with this camshaft will awaken this camshaft to its full potenti
Old 08-18-2007, 11:59 PM
i ♥ snails

damn sounds like a pretty nasty little ls allmotor build, why did you post it in forced induction forum? I know some guy's that got exospeed built bottom end's they've had good luck with them and zero problems.
Old 08-19-2007, 07:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (quicksilver1689)

Get a vtec head and you will make more power then the ls and save some money. I never understood why anyone would want to build an ls head... Yea, you can put a big turbo on them and make power but i wouldn't even waste an upgraded valvetrain on a ls.

Spend that cam money on a p72 head and call it a day.
Old 08-19-2007, 08:40 AM
New User

Default Re: (sp00led)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sp00led &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Get a vtec head and you will make more power then the ls and save some money. I never understood why anyone would want to build an ls head... Yea, you can put a big turbo on them and make power but i wouldn't even waste an upgraded valvetrain on a ls.

Spend that cam money on a p72 head and call it a day.</TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sp00led &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Get a vtec head and you will make more power then the ls and save some money. I never understood why anyone would want to build an ls head... Yea, you can put a big turbo on them and make power but i wouldn't even waste an upgraded valvetrain on a ls.

Spend that cam money on a p72 head and call it a day.</TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sp00led &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Get a vtec head and you will make more power then the ls and save some money. I never understood why anyone would want to build an ls head... Yea, you can put a big turbo on them and make power but i wouldn't even waste an upgraded valvetrain on a ls.

Spend that cam money on a p72 head and call it a day.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 08-19-2007, 10:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Boostfed.com)

I thought those cams were for Boost. My bad lol. And where can I find a p72 head for that cheap? I have been searching and vtec heads go for a pretty steep price not saying I do wanna go the cheap route cuz cheap and reliable dont mix I am jus woondering where I could find a nice vtec head?
Old 08-19-2007, 10:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Bonestock98GS)

And not to mention those cams are 260 bucks
Old 08-19-2007, 10:41 AM

I never understood how cam regrinds work. How do they take away from the cam to give you more. I was always interested in exospeed and rocket motorsports ls regrinds, but I can never seem to find enough information on them.
Old 08-19-2007, 10:53 AM
New User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bonestock98GS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I thought those cams were for Boost. My bad lol. And where can I find a p72 head for that cheap? I have been searching and vtec heads go for a pretty steep price not saying I do wanna go the cheap route cuz cheap and reliable dont mix I am jus woondering where I could find a nice vtec head?</TD></TR></TABLE>

UH not just a P72 head, a B16A head would be great also! You can find them as cheap as $250 - $800
Old 08-19-2007, 10:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Boostfed.com)

ok I am going to look into findin a vtec head. But I dont wanna venture into reliablity and LS/VTEC. Just build it right and it should last???????? I am also going to be boosting that setup if I can find an LS/VTEC head
Old 08-19-2007, 02:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bonestock98GS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok I am going to look into findin a vtec head. But I dont wanna venture into reliablity and LS/VTEC. Just build it right and it should last???????? I am also going to be boosting that setup if I can find an LS/VTEC head</TD></TR></TABLE>

i have a bone stock ls-vtec been driving it for 5 years now. still runnning strong. always ran it on 85 shot wet nitrous too. and gas mileage is great too. i get 45 MPG too.
Old 08-19-2007, 03:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Whats Exospeeds Rep Like???? (Bonestock98GS)

Ask to see pictures of their work first. Specifically the cam lobes. I had custom grind cams made. Not by Exospeed. The hardface welds were way too thin. Almost every weld cracked. Switched to Crower. Then to Mazworx
Old 08-19-2007, 04:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (sp00led)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sp00led &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Get a vtec head and you will make more power then the ls and save some money. I never understood why anyone would want to build an ls head... Yea, you can put a big turbo on them and make power but i wouldn't even waste an upgraded valvetrain on a ls.

Spend that cam money on a p72 head and call it a day.</TD></TR></TABLE>

some people stay LS because we dont want to deal with modding the block and paying $500 for a head when the entire shortblock is $900 or cheaper from friends. also we might not what to deal with the wiring even tho there is jumpers and all that other crap and some of us are comfy with 450whp or under