Notices

Whats the deal with everyone dumping there setups and getting out of the honda scene

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2002, 02:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats the deal with everyone dumping there setups and getting out of the honda scene

Its like more and more people are dropping like flies..... Are people just growing old and realizing things or what gives...
Old 10-07-2002, 02:09 PM
New User

Default Re: Whats the deal with everyone dumping there setups and getting out of the honda scene (b18bturbo)

I'm on my last Honda, for sure. Sure, they are fun and I know them inside and out, but familiarity breeds contempt. I'd like to try something new, and I'm leaning towards Ford or Toyota.

The main trend I see is a lot of people dumping their setups in favor of something with more comfort and less speed. I like to call it the Jay Z syndrome
Old 10-07-2002, 02:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Whats the deal with everyone dumping there setups and getting out of the honda scene (b18bturbo)

I think people are just growing up. When i think about those guys driving around with big combat body kits that are all primered up and huge wings with scoops everywhere and neon lights it embarrases me to be affiliated with them. Sometimes I think about selling my car.
Old 10-07-2002, 02:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Whats the deal with everyone dumping there setups and getting out of the honda scene (VaporTrail

i guess you right john. but its always fun to play aorund with the ole trusty honda...
Old 10-07-2002, 02:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Whats the deal with everyone dumping there setups and getting out of the honda scene (TurboInteg

I think people are just growing up. When i think about those guys driving around with big combat body kits that are all primered up and huge wings with scoops everywhere and neon lights it embarrases me to be affiliated with them. Sometimes I think about selling my car.
Yeah brian i think its the same thing down here. who wants to be associated with guys that do stupid things.. i mean no one wnats that just puts a bad wrap on things. Then JDM style came baout people got hooked. Now everyone jdm no uninqueness anymore.. i dont think it will ever be like it used too. but i guess everyone does grow older have kids and thats pretty much it till midlife crisis kicks in and guys buying vettes and stuff.
Old 10-07-2002, 02:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You seem to have hit this observation on the head. I have noticed that also and I think its that everyone is getting older and they have more responisbilities now (ie baby, house, wife) I supose that they cant spend all their money on a new turbo or new boost controller now that they have other expenses. I think im just speaking out of experience, although I dont have a baby or a mortgage. I am leaning towards buying an 02 M3 with the SMG gearbox. Im never going to get rid of my teggy though. I think that Im just going to eventually turn it into a race car that I can race every once in a while..Or maybe its just I've come down with Jay-Z syndrome....OMG Did I say that out loud???
Old 10-07-2002, 02:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Whats the deal with everyone dumping there setups and getting out of the honda scene (drealboost

I'm 19, and I'm debating dumping my blown EF for something "nicer".

I have the fastest car out of my group of friends (1g DSM turbo, 1g CRX Si, 00 Civic EX, 88 300ZX, etc), but my car sucks when it comes to driving around with friends.

No a/c, no blower, 2 speakers (in front door panels), crappy seats, etcetcetc...

I can outrun all of them, but I don't want to drive my car for more than a couple of miles cuz I'm sweating like crazy. I thought getting rid of the CRX and getting back seats would be good, but I would rather have my CRX now (White, tinted windows, NICE interior, a/c blower motor).

I'll stick with mine for a while until I get over my turbo phase, then I'll probably get an EG, put an intake on it w/ some rims and be done. It will be a lot less expensive, and I'll enjoy driving it...

jB
Old 10-07-2002, 02:29 PM
New User

Default Re: Whats the deal with everyone dumping there setups and getting out of the honda scene (drealboost

Everyone grows up. But that doesn't mean you have to loose the Honda. I'm only 20 and im going insane. A hatch is a good daily driver for a poor college student. But I make good money at my job. And i dont need to deal with driving a car with no a/c or power steering.

I also HATE making compromises. That's why I have no a/c, no interior sometimes, and tires that last me a 12.5 miles before they are on threads..lol

That's why I think the best is always to have a Daily Driver and a project car. My car is gonna get built and im gonna drive it for a little longer until I can save up some cash and make it into a complete race car.....

Then just lease or finance a new G35 or A4 to pimp everyday. Comfortable, good looking car that I can take a chick in w/o having to tell her watch the roll bar, or sorry it's hot, no a/c....lol
Old 10-07-2002, 02:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah i think its jsut a compromise that you make when you get older and you realize life is not based onthe car anymore but your future is based on something different.
Old 10-07-2002, 02:36 PM

Everyone grows up. But that doesn't mean you have to loose the Honda. I'm only 20 and im going insane. A hatch is a good daily driver for a poor college student. But I make good money at my job. And i dont need to deal with driving a car with no a/c or power steering.

I also HATE making compromises. That's why I have no a/c, no interior sometimes, and tires that last me a 12.5 miles before they are on threads..lol

That's why I think the best is always to have a Daily Driver and a project car. My car is gonna get built and im gonna drive it for a little longer until I can save up some cash and make it into a complete race car
thats why i got a tacoma , i also agree about being associated with ricers
Old 10-07-2002, 02:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

RWD
Old 10-07-2002, 02:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have thought long and hard about dumping my project too...after a lot of thinking, I decided to finish it and see what the potential is out of my 4dr. I guess I can't leave the scene.

I have thought about getting rid of it for something that came with RWD and is fast form the factory, but that little HB always pops up into my head nad I see that making power is not that hard and taking off weight is not that uncomfortable.
Old 10-07-2002, 02:58 PM
What is this crap?

Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts

i am too far in. keeping the teg no matter what. might switch out the beater civic for a bigger vehicle for camping / towing / drunk bus on weekends.
Old 10-07-2002, 03:03 PM

I hate my car, yet I love my car. It seems like people sell cuz their other half gets a hold of them before they can rationalize it and decide that Hondas are so fun
Old 10-07-2002, 03:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I am currently dumping all of my stuff as well. For me it was two little ***** breaking into my car Wed. night. I told myself along time agao I WILL NOT be a victim. My 12 gauge and me caught them in the act. They took off running. That was it for me. Plus I need to get out of debt, I hate owing "the man" money.
Old 10-07-2002, 03:47 PM

about half way through the purchases for my hatch... i was like what the heck am i doing?
but it's kind of too late... if i turn back now, might as well throw thousands of dollars out the window. so chin up for me.

but i am about to purchase a 91 5.0
Old 10-07-2002, 03:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

see, im looking to buy a bike, Sure my car isnt going to be fast, but atleast it handles well now. The bike will be faster than the car, So I'll have two sweet toys instead of just 1 bad *** one.
Old 10-07-2002, 03:50 PM
New User

i'm having a baby. it was a hard decision to get rid of my car, but it had to be done. too much time and money. i reached my goal but even then, i wanted to go faster. at least some friends of mine have the car and its even faster now.
Old 10-07-2002, 03:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

see, im looking to buy a bike, Sure my car isnt going to be fast, but atleast it handles well now. The bike will be faster than the car, So I'll have two sweet toys instead of just 1 bad *** one.
That was me a year and a half ago....2x the insurance, maintainence,gas, worry sucks.
Old 10-07-2002, 04:02 PM
Dee
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm not getting rid of my honda hoopty but I am planning to get a daily driver. Been looking at R32 GTR's and Toyota Chasers (2.5 liter 1JZ powered turbo sedan) for about a month. Trying not to spend more than $8k!
Old 10-07-2002, 04:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

had baby, parted out my civic with a 300bone car payment. Purchased a 500 nissan 240sx, and about to order the sr20. its all money no matter how you loook at it. : Breaking parts, wife, kids, carpayments
Old 10-07-2002, 04:57 PM
New User

well... ive stuck through it. however, sometimes i get sick of it and i want to sell the turbo. its not that im sick of the car.. im just sick of the drama. what drama? let me list some things: police, thieves, smog check II, gettin deeper in the money pit, blowing my motor that currently now has 140,000+ miles, and lose out on $2000 in parts from my turbo if something were to happen to my car. its more of the inconvenience of driving my car that i dont like. however, its my baby and ive been through alot of race battles with it and it gets me from point A to B. boost is the shiet and i like how the integ looks compared to most compact cars these days.
Old 10-07-2002, 05:08 PM
New User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hah! screw that Viren, the older I get the more fun this is. You just get better at it all.
Old 10-07-2002, 05:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Whats the deal with everyone dumping there setups and getting out of the honda scene (GruvyTune)

Well, I guess I'm just *** backwards then...Cause I'm 33 and I'm just getting into fixing up the Lude. I already have 2 kids. 2 boys 8yrs. and 2yrs. Maybe that's why I'm just getting into it now, my boys have drained so much money from me that I can only fix my existing car..A new car is out of the question for a while. Both sons like football so hopefully after 15 years, I'll be sitting back being taken care of by my NFL sons!!
Old 10-07-2002, 05:31 PM

i've had a few cars already, and my integra is the funnest to drive. but its just like my last better than the one before, but not as good as the next. my next car will be a 350z but thats not until i'm out of college. right now i'm just having fun with the turboing process. i think people make it inot too much of a "scene". i'm not into a honda/acura thing, i'm into the fast car thing.

Quick Reply: Whats the deal with everyone dumping there setups and getting out of the honda scene