Notices

what would be a good setup for my build

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2003, 08:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what would be a good setup for my build

well here goes
i am building a motor this winter and i am going to build it for a turbo application. I will be most likely using Hondata for tuning and i want to use no more than 11 psi
for reliability reasons. The motor i am building is a b18a block with a b1 head and h beam rods no more than 9.5:1 compression p&p head. What i want to know is what parts can i get for a relatively cheap that will perform well. I am not on a millionaire budjet so be realistic (i am in college and it will take me a while to get everything to come together).
What i want to know is what is a good set of cams to get and if there are any parts that i could get off of other cars that would deffur price (ie. prelude injectors, good junkyard turbos, etc.). i will be buying a new front mount intercooler so reccomend a decent one. please try to keep my prices down to a minimum because money is hard to come by when you are 18.
by the way if there are any parts that i could fabricate fairly easily tell me about them so i dont buy a pre-fabbed one because i am also a certified welder on aluminum stainless and high pressure steel (tig and mig certified)i was a pipe welder before i started college this fall.
help me out because i am new to forced induction and i would like to get into this field of engine building. I know how to build an engine and i will be doing all of the work with minimal help.
Old 11-08-2003, 09:49 PM

Default Re: what would be a good setup for my build (dirty_d_cx)

come on i know someone has an opinion and many of you have an experienced edge with home made turbo setups

i have talked with people that have turboed their car for less than 1200 but they are usually too stuck up to let me in on some build secerets
that is the reaction i get around my neck of the woods and at the local shop they treat me like i am another ricer but yet i am an experienced engine builder and i hate it when people act like stuff is above my abilities to do something because of my age
i apologise i just had to vent

PLEASE HELP ME OUT
I DONT WANT TO HAVE TO SPEND LIKE
4000 DOLLARS TO GO TURBO
Old 11-09-2003, 09:25 AM

ttt
Old 11-09-2003, 09:31 PM

bump
Old 11-09-2003, 09:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

everyone will tell you to search
Old 11-10-2003, 08:47 AM

Default Re: what would be a good setup for my build (tgh99si)

i have done searches and there aren't any that would fall into my motor setup that i have found
i would just like some fresh new info that can be useful but it looks like it is too har of a task to just get a plain ole' opinion