Stock GSR @ 8psi with Spark Racing Turbo KIT
440cc RC injectors
HONDATA and
3" Custom Exhuast

Modified by Spark Racing INC.. at 10:44 AM 4/20/2003
Old 04-19-2003, 10:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What you all think (Spark Racing INC..)

Those are good numbers, but how about some details like turbo size, fuel management, etc.?

edit: i don't think 'standard' t3/t4's take that long to hit full boost.

Modified by Teg4e at 3:15 AM 4/20/2003
Old 04-19-2003, 11:02 PM

Default Re: What you all think (Teg4e)

1996 GSR w/
Spark Racing Turbo Kit
Standard Turbonetics T3/T4 Turbo
440cc RC injectors
HONDATA and
3" Custom Exhuast
Old 04-19-2003, 11:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

is that the bling bling editon ? how much does it cost ?
Old 04-19-2003, 11:45 PM

Default Re: What you all think (JonnyDanger)

Steve's car impressed me. Sparks manifold work good as hell. Ive used many a time.
Old 04-19-2003, 11:46 PM

Default Re: What you all think (JonnyDanger)

i'd like more info too... wastegate?... bov?... intercooler?... all spark products too or other?... how much for the kit?... how about just the intercooler and piping?... and the manifold, is it braced?... anyways, looks good... up for more info...
Old 04-20-2003, 01:30 AM

Default Re: What you all think (1.8T_EG)

Honda and Acura B-series Turbo Kit! Not Avialable to till July 1, 2003

Retail $ 3995.95
Jobber $ 2999.95

Kit includes the Following Spark Racing Turbo Manifold: Units 1 Fabricated of polished SUS304 Stainless Steel and flanged to mount a tial wastegate. Spark Racing offers the Finest Exhaust Turbo Manifolds found in the market. With full SUS304 Stainless Steel construction, Equal Length Runners, and Merged Collector only Spark Racing can offer you the POWER that your deserve with a 10% increase in power over the competition. Spark Racing Intercoolers: Units 1 Spark Racing Intercoolers are designed for maximum efficiency, minimal pressure loss and easy installation. The result is a consistent intake air-cooling even under extended high speed, heavy load and high boost pressure conditions. 28x9x2.5 TURBONETICS T3/T4 HYBRID turbocharger: Units 1 TURBONETICS T3/T4 HYBRID turbocharger consisting of a T3 turbine section, Stage III trim and a T4 compressor section T04E trim. The T3 / T4 HYBRID’s offers the low inertia and fast boost response of the light weight T3 turbine wheel and the high airflow characteristics of the T4 compressor family, making the T3/T4 HYBRID the turbo of choice for high performance “import” applications. TiAl 35mm wastegate (0.45 bar or 6.5 psi) : Units 1 TiAl 35mm wastegate great for engines producing up to 450hp. 347 stainless steel alloy is used for valve and ductile iron valve housing. Boost adjustable up to 20psi with boost controller. HKS Super Sequential Blow Off Valve: Units 1 The Super Sequential Blow Off Valve (SSQV) is a pull type relief valve. The SSQV is actuated by alterations only, ensuring quick valve response and complete closure during idle. Typical blow off valves utilize large valves in order to accommodate high boost / high hp applications. However, these large valves react slowly and require high activation pressure to open. Smaller, fast reacting valves, do not permit the air flow required for high horsepower. The SSQV incorporates both for max performance. It is engineered utilizing a small primary valve and a secondary valve for additional relief capacity. The SSQV is made of billet aluminum and emits a unique aggressive sound. Fuel Management Unit FMU: Units 1 T-BOLT CLAMPS: Units 8 (5 = 2.5” 3 = 2.25”)Triple Ply Silicon Hoses & Reducers: Units 8 ( 5 = 2.5” 3 = 2.5” to 2” Reducers)Turbo Kit Also Includes Walbro 255gph intake High Flow Fuel Pump. Missing Link. All Fittings and Feed Lines. Full Stainless IC Piping and Down Pipe Tig welded and Poslished to Perfection.
Old 04-20-2003, 01:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It's kind of misleading posting a dyno graph of 305whp/220trq with an FMU in the pick. Then later stating that hondata, 440cc, and 3" exhaust was also used.
Old 04-20-2003, 01:45 AM

Default Re: What you all think (turbocoupe)

Sorry about that! That was the only pic of the turbo kit I have available at the moment !
Old 04-20-2003, 02:21 AM
Better than steak

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Spark Racing INC.. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">: The T3 / T4 HYBRID’s offers the low inertia and fast boost response of the light weight T3 turbine wheel and the high airflow characteristics of the T4 compressor family, </TD></TR></TABLE>
Say what? Low inertia? Can you explain what you mean because I have no idea what you are talking about anthony. What trim is the turbo, btw?
Old 04-20-2003, 02:30 AM

Default Re: What you all think (Arturbo)

the turbo on the pic looks like it has a t04s housing
Old 04-20-2003, 03:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default I'm not impressed

sorry...but that dyno is showing impressive numbers, but the graph itsef is not too impressive...looks as if the fuel maps are just all over the place...poor tuning? If you're gonna sell something, at least show us a graph of a properly tuned car, instead of car that looks like it had fuel dumped into it to it to produce a high peak HP numberfor sales purposes....my 2 yen
Old 04-20-2003, 08:43 AM

Default Re: What you all think (Arturbo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Arturbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Say what? Low inertia? Can you explain what you mean because I have no idea what you are talking about anthony. What trim is the turbo, btw?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

The T3/T4 Hybrid's offers the Low inertia (Less resistances of a body during acceleration about a give axis)and fast boost response of the light weight T3 turbine wheel and the high airflow characteristics of the T4 compressor family.
I hope that explains it for you!

Modified by Spark Racing INC.. at 5:57 PM 4/20/2003
Old 04-20-2003, 08:45 AM

Default Re: I'm not impressed (MiraiZ)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MiraiZ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sorry...but that dyno is showing impressive numbers, but the graph itsef is not too impressive...looks as if the fuel maps are just all over the place...poor tuning? If you're gonna sell something, at least show us a graph of a properly tuned car, instead of car that looks like it had fuel dumped into it to it to produce a high peak HP numberfor sales purposes....my 2 yen</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sorry Miraiz I think your looking at the Torque graph! I know the Dyno graph is pretty hard to see! Sorry about that!
Old 04-20-2003, 09:59 AM

any pricing for the just the manifold and piping?...
Old 04-20-2003, 11:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think that your trying to hide something as what Miriaz above said.
I would like to know what the "standard" Turbonetics turbo is. Im thinking its a 60 trim or something pretty big to be making those numbers at 8 psi.

By the way, spend some time reengineering your manifolds before you pawn off your kits here.
Old 04-20-2003, 01:54 PM

Default Re: What you all think (93LSivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93LSivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think that your trying to hide something as what Miriaz above said.
I would like to know what the "standard" Turbonetics turbo is. Im thinking its a 60 trim or something pretty big to be making those numbers at 8 psi.

By the way, spend some time reengineering your manifolds before you pawn off your kits here.</TD></TR></TABLE>

57 TRIM WHEEL

Modified by Spark Racing INC.. at 1:29 AM 4/21/2003
Old 04-20-2003, 02:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

And are you going to warranty each and every manifold that cracks and/or falls apart on the owner of them?
Old 04-20-2003, 02:17 PM

Default Re: What you all think (integra_gsr98)

As far a warranty there will be a full warranty of any manufacture defects cracking will not be covered under this warranty. But in the event the manifold ever falls apart. You would automatically receive a new manifold at no additional charge.

Modified by Spark Racing INC.. at 11:55 PM 4/20/2003
Old 04-20-2003, 02:23 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Spark Racing INC.. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> But it the event the manifold ever falls apart.
</TD></TR></TABLE>
Did you mean WHEN the manifold falls apart?
Old 04-20-2003, 04:02 PM

lol this is funny when you dump alot of fuel the car wont make power. it would actually loose power. anyway you should leave some positive feed back instead of bashing these people!!
Old 04-20-2003, 04:07 PM

Default Re: What you all think (93LSivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93LSivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think that your trying to hide something as what Miriaz above said.

By the way, spend some time reengineering your manifolds before you pawn off your kits here.</TD></TR></TABLE> hide something why would he want to tell you all his secrets about his kit anyway? rev hard wont tell you what trims he has in his turbos!! why would he have to re engineer the manifolds??
Old 04-20-2003, 04:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I'm not impressed (TEAMGENDAI)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TEAMGENDAI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">anyway you should leave some positive feed back instead of bashing these people!! </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 04-20-2003, 04:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I'm not impressed (TEAMGENDAI)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TEAMGENDAI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">lol this is funny when you dump alot of fuel the car wont make power. it would actually loose power. anyway you should leave some positive feed back instead of bashing these people!! </TD></TR></TABLE>

Positive feedback?!?! about what? there's nothing positive about peaking in the middle and bropping in the end. Secondly, he put himself on the hot seat, so we do have the right to ask questions and interrogate the product...nothing wrong with that..

What I meant is, this car doesn't look like it was tuned for "good" power (according to this graph), rather it was tuned to spike up HP so that the dyno report a high HP. Personally, I would rather have a car that produces only 275hp, as long as the torque is smooth and constant rather than peaky in the middle and drops back down at high rpms.

All I'm saying is, if you truely wanna sell a product, show what it can do rather than post a graph ans say "look! big numbers!! blah blah blah!! buy buy buy !!"

Modified by MiraiZ at 3:56 PM 4/23/2003
Old 04-21-2003, 07:20 PM

Quick Reply: What u all think