Notices

In what sort of steps should a turbo kit be installed?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2004, 05:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In what sort of steps should a turbo kit be installed?

Just wondering what should be installed first, last, etc....to make it go smoother and faster. Any recommendations from previous turbo installers would help..

Thanks!
Old 09-29-2004, 07:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: In what sort of steps should a turbo kit be installed? (Accurate GS-R)

I like to do the electronics, gauges, ems, pump & injectors first and make it run w/o any boost. Then manifold & turbo, dp, ic, charge pipes, vac lines, filter...
Old 09-29-2004, 07:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: In what sort of steps should a turbo kit be installed? (Accurate GS-R)

well i would start with taking off your Intake manifold. tap it for all the gauges you will be running. While your intake manifold is off run your oil feed line from the back of the block. I would recomend using a sandwhich plate that fits between the block and the oil filter rather than a cheap T fitting (usually leaks). also if your going to use an egt gauge u wanna tap your exhaust mani while its off the car (makes it easier and ensures no flakes get in).

Befor installing the turbo tap your oil pan and weld in the fitting.
I would then mount the mani and turbo and hook up oil feed and return lines.
then piece together all the pipes and mark spots to mount the intercooler onto the frame. then hook up all the piping completely.

In my civic on the passenger side where the charge pipe goes down through the frame and wraps around to the intercooler I had to cut a hole in the frame to allow the piping to go through.

the fuel pump, injectors, vacum lines, and ems can really be installed at any time.