Notices

What is the potential hp with this setup? This thread is for experienced F.I. users

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2003, 11:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the potential hp with this setup? This thread is for experienced F.I. users

I am currently rebuilding my motor and the setup that I am going to be running is:

1993 Civic Hatchback DX, CTR cams, Skunk 2 Valve springs, Skunk 2 Titanium retainers, Skunk 2 Camgears, Crower stainless steel valves, ferrea bronze valve guides, ferrea stainless steel valve locks, Tim's Engines stage 3 port and polish, stock injectors (I want RC 550 CC), Walbro 255lph HP fuel pump, Eagle rods, JE 81mm pistons, balance and blue-print entire bottom end, stock and resurfaced flywheel, Clutchmasters Stage 3 clutch, Quaife LSD, LS transmission, Golden Eagle Godzilla sleeved B18c1 block with GSR crank. (final compression ratio will be 9.5:1) Run 93 octane everyday or 107 at the track. I currently have a PYR programmed P28 computer. It's awesome for all motor or nitrous, but still wondering what I'm going to do for my mgmt. setup. I'm going to add a Rev-Hard Stage 2C kit. Have any of you had any experiences with these kits, and if so what kind of numbers were you putting out? Give me some reputable feed back, not just h.p. numbers.
Old 12-05-2003, 11:59 AM
TurboJesse

Default Re: What is the potential hp with this setup? This thread is for experienced F.I. users (armrslr)

since you didn't not give any info regarding what size/trim turbo it is, and how much boost you wanna run, its pretty hard to give a power figure.
Old 12-05-2003, 12:00 PM

Default Re: What is the potential hp with this setup? This thread is for experienced F.I. users (armrslr)

Heres my .02

I started out with a Revhard 2c great beginner kit, good parts, but in your case your started out with a built motor, so I think you should make use of it.

In your case your better off peicing together a custom kit. I would ask how much power your looking to make, but you motor is fully built so I know it's more than the limits of a revhard/drag kit.

Do some research and see what parts will meet your power goals, there are tons of resources here, vendors, poeple to help.

Old 12-05-2003, 12:09 PM

Default Re: What is the potential hp with this setup? This thread is for experienced F.I. users (quikB18B)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by quikB18B &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Heres my .02

I started out with a Revhard 2c great beginner kit, good parts, but in your case your started out with a built motor, so I think you should make use of it.

In your case your better off peicing together a custom kit. I would ask how much power your looking to make, but you motor is fully built so I know it's more than the limits of a revhard/drag kit.

Do some research and see what parts will meet your power goals, there are tons of resources here, vendors, poeple to help.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Kinda hard when I'm getting the whole kit with Greddy BOV, Tial 40mm wastegate, and couple extras for only $1600.00 Only 3000 miles on the kit. What do you think now? Just curious........ Plus I'm not a turbo expert, so I would have problems piecing a kit together........
Old 12-05-2003, 12:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by armrslr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Kinda hard when I'm getting the whole kit with Greddy BOV, Tial 40mm wastegate, and couple extras for only $1600.00 Only 3000 miles on the kit. What do you think now? Just curious........ Plus I'm not a turbo expert, so I would have problems piecing a kit together........ </TD></TR></TABLE>

oh my, the truth comes out..

I think you can get around 300whp around 12 psi.. youll need bigger injectors
Old 12-05-2003, 12:28 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by armrslr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Kinda hard when I'm getting the whole kit with Greddy BOV, Tial 40mm wastegate, and couple extras for only $1600.00 Only 3000 miles on the kit. What do you think now? </TD></TR></TABLE>

I think you should sell it, put you profit along with $1,600 in the bank and research and learn so that you can piece together a kit that your built motor will benifit from. Is this motor already built, in process, or were those your plans?

Ill give you an example double121 started with a revhard 2c, he is fully built now, and hondata tuned. Last he dynoed he made like 325/289 on 15 psi. Hes ready for more power, but before he does this he needs to upgrade downpipe, exhuast, bigger turbo, and retune. So far hes got the exhuast and the downpipe out of the way, but still lacks the turbo in tuning. Once he's done he would have replaced more than 50% of the kit

what im getting at is figure out what exactly you want for the car, before you start building motors and buying turbo kits just because your getting a good deal.

Btw to answer your question built motor, revhard kit I dont see 350 being a problem with bigger injectors/proper fuel management, but this is where you will lose effeciency and need to upgrade your parts from the turbo kit

Research and learn, it's the best thing you can do to save you $ in the long run and its free

Modified by quikB18B at 1:39 PM 12/5/2003
Old 12-05-2003, 12:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I wish I could answer this question but I am not an experienced F.I. user.

=P

You have WAY too many variables and unknowns for any kind of predictions man.
Old 12-05-2003, 12:56 PM

Default Re: What is the potential hp with this setup? This thread is for experienced F.I. users (Jordo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jordo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

oh my, the truth comes out..
</TD></TR></TABLE>

What the **** is that supposed to mean? Have I ever claimed to be one Jordo?
Old 12-05-2003, 01:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

What the **** is that supposed to mean? Have I ever claimed to be one Jordo? </TD></TR></TABLE>

noo you took what i said the totally wrong way, i just figured something out.
Old 12-05-2003, 01:27 PM

Default Re: What is the potential hp with this setup? This thread is for experienced F.I. users (Jordo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jordo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

noo you took what i said the totally wrong way, i just figured something out. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Ohhhh now you crawfishing back huh? LOL its cool dude
Old 12-05-2003, 01:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

noo you took what i said the totally wrong way, i just figured something out. </TD></TR></TABLE> I know what Jordo is talking about. Also Olan I've got some brand new 550 RCs I can swing your way when I come home. I can't give you a broke crack head price though.
Old 12-05-2003, 05:52 PM

Default Re: What is the potential hp with this setup? This thread is for experienced F.I. users (TurboR1391

Hey-

First of all, the setup you have in the works is pretty sweet. As far as the numbers you will be putting up it depends on a few factors. First, what kind of a turbo will you be running? Also, what kinda of numbers are you looking to put up? With the amount of parts that you are putting into your car, you have a lot of optiopns as far as the numbers you can expect to get. With some serious tuning, you car could run some very fast times...along with high HP numbers. On the other hand, you could run a safe amount of boost and have a nasty, reliable car that would kick the **** out of most rides. It all depends on what you are looking for. If you run some serious boost...like 15+, you would be looking at 320+ horsepower and then some. If you go for a lower boost, you would get a fast *** car with very good reliablility. However, these numbers don't me shitballs without proper tuning. A setup like yours will be completely worthless unles a turbo is tuned properly with a very good management unit. Tune, tune tune, and the rewards of the money you already put into the car will be unbelieveable.

Also, go with Hondata...yay for hondata
Old 12-06-2003, 06:27 AM

Default Re: What is the potential hp with this setup? This thread is for experienced F.I. users (TurboR1391

Hondata is definatley what I will be using now that Lightning Motorsports are dealers for them. In all honesty I will be driving my car almost everyday, but that is only to and from work which is only 7 minutes from my house. Once I get to work I have a little Nissan truck that I will use to run my deliveries in. For the most part I want my car to be reliable, but when I want to turn up the boost, I want the car to be able to handle it as well. Right now I'm really not trying to put out some killer h.p numbers, because I just got engaged and will be buying a house and getting married here in the next short year. My car has been down for a year now, and I just want to be able to get it running again, and be safe with it and have fun. (yet still wax some *** with the bitch)
Old 12-06-2003, 10:04 AM

Well, when you are ready to up the boost and get some serious numbers, just make sure you have built internals obviously, and also a lot tuning. The more tuning the better and the rewards will be worth the amount of time and money you put into the ride. Good luck...
Old 12-09-2003, 10:32 AM

I will be happy just to put up some numbers in the upper 250-275 range for now. Once I get some more time to sit down and tune it, I know the bigger numbers will come.