Notices

What do your neighbors think?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 09:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: What do your neighbors think? (SOHC_MShue)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SOHC_MShue &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My neighbors where i live dont complain too much, but when i tune cars over in my parents garage in their retirement gated community neighbor hood the neighbors get pissed. Even when i'm plain old working on my car during the day and not making noise. They've gotten 4 letters in the mail threatening court stuff ....apparantely doing anything on your car yourself is against their neighborhood rules </TD></TR></TABLE>
oh and i forgot to mention in my neighborhood the old people give you dirty looks when you are driving a regular car that isn't loud whatsoever. They wont even wave to you half the time...that is if you are under 35 years old

Modified by SOHC_MShue at 2:24 PM 12/29/2006
Old 12-29-2006, 09:27 AM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: What do your neighbors think? (SOHC_MShue)

i think im just going to kill all of them
Old 12-29-2006, 09:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ever since i moved into my new house, all my neighbors have an issue with me, or at least my car. i never speed in residential areas, but apparently having a loud exhaust means that you are driving recklessly at all times
Old 12-29-2006, 09:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What do your neighbors think? (Ntense90crxsi)

my neighbors used to complain. about how loud it was. they know i don't go fast because i've explained the whole thing of "loud doesn't = fast" to each of them after their first complaint.

after the turbo install i think my exhaust quieted down significantly. to the point where if i'm off the throttle the exhaust doesn't make any more noise than a stock car. they like me more now, except for the radio DJ in her mini cooper S who thought she was hot **** the other day... pffffff
Old 12-29-2006, 10:28 AM
New User

About a month ago coming back from the track I get home late, I planned on backing the trailer up into my driveway and pushing the car straight into the garage not even firing it up BUT the stupid neighbors across the street have their guest park in a NO PARKING SPOT so of course this doesn't give me enough room to get in teh driveway with the trailer so yeah I had to back the car off the trailer. I looked up and noticed everyone looking out their windows even before this, I was putting the ramps down on the trailer WTF? I pushed the car up to the driveway BUT their is a steep HUMP at the end SO I had to fire her up and move her about 10 feet into teh garage. Of course teh neighbors looked out the window at me, I felt really bad BUT at the same time if their stupid guest hadn't parked in the NO PARKING spot I would've been able to back it up and never started her up
Old 12-29-2006, 10:53 AM
sh!t happens.

G

Default Re: (Boostfed.com)

Man I would be here all day with storys about my neighbors. There are a few in my neighbor hood that like us. but the rest are always calling the police on us and the home owners place. I get letters once a month about my truck parked on the road or my car to loud or other cars on the road. There is always hondas on the road..lol.... I save the letters and hang them up in my garage..haha. The wall is full of them. I don't think i do anything wrong. I respectfull at night. Hell i have a 1 year old that has to be in the bed, but they still call on us.. Go figure..
Old 12-29-2006, 10:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: What do your neighbors think? (HamiltonRex)

i never really got any complaints, its prolly cause by the time the heard me come down the blvd, i already had the chutes out

Old 12-29-2006, 01:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What do your neighbors think? (MrParks)

So far my neighbors havent said anything to me, which is shocking since 5 Police live in my neighbor hood. When i know im going to get home late i wont drive my civic, and i wont work on my car after 10ish if have to be banging stuff!!

If i get home late from the races ill leave the car on the trailer and unload it in the morning or after work.I try to be as quite as i can be,Because having bitching neighbors is no fun!!!
Old 12-29-2006, 01:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What do your neighbors think? (wantboost)

my 4" full exhaust with no muffler is loud, everyone hears me in my town when I take it easy and gets pissed
Old 12-29-2006, 01:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i live on a main street, so my neighbours can't expect quite all the time, about every hour or so we'll have busses pass by so my exhaust isn't much of a factor. one neighbour is the quietest chineese family ever and my other itallian neighbour is really cool. but still, when i come home late at night, i just cost out of gear when pulling up to the house.
Old 12-29-2006, 01:43 PM

Back in the day when I use to run oped DP, this neighbor from couple of houses down knock in my door and started screaming me saying I was speeding or what not. I tried explain to him the whole open dp and I was waiting for my exhaust in the mail and tha I wasn't really speeding. He was really hearing kept screaming furious and agitated so I ended up pulling a gun on him told him to get the fucked out of my property, cops showed later asking for gun permit all that and I explained to them what happened they were pretty cool, they just say next time to call them first before pulling a gun on somebody like that!
Old 12-29-2006, 01:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What do your neighbors think? (Ntense90crxsi)

i love the morons that get pissed and wave at u cuz ur car is loud and they think ur speeding.

usually i **** em off more by smiling big and waving back like i know them and im so happy to see em lolol
Old 12-29-2006, 02:02 PM
Moderator in Chief

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: What do your neighbors think? (Toda Party)

Loud = fast
Old 12-29-2006, 02:35 PM

Default Re: What do your neighbors think? (Muckman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Muckman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Loud = fast</TD></TR></TABLE>

Glad im not the only one, before i moved there was an old expletive that was about 85 that thought i was always speeding cause the exhaust i never went more than 30mph one night comin home on the bike he sprayed me with the water hose in the face so i locked up the rear tire slid sideways jumped off and got in his face i think he literally **** himself. he never gave me any more ****.

although i dont like to yell or get mad at old people for there stupid ways, it went on for a couple years but when he sprayed me and my GF on my motorcycle with the water hose that changed.
Old 12-29-2006, 02:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (G"UNIT)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by G"UNIT &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Man I would be here all day with storys about my neighbors. There are a few in my neighbor hood that like us. but the rest are always calling the police on us and the home owners place. I get letters once a month about my truck parked on the road or my car to loud or other cars on the road. There is always hondas on the road..lol.... I save the letters and hang them up in my garage..haha. The wall is full of them. I don't think i do anything wrong. I respectfull at night. Hell i have a 1 year old that has to be in the bed, but they still call on us.. Go figure.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

The whole neighborhood knows when you guys come and visit, LOL.
Old 12-29-2006, 02:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What do your neighbors think? (Toda Party)

When the neighbors complain about the noise from me just cruising by, I make it a point to drop her a gear down and show them theres more where that came from. But in all seriousness, if Im coming home at nite, I usually just coast in.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What do your neighbors think? (Reedy)

I'm lucky, my neighbors don't say anything. The one I live right next too is never home anyway, but none-the-less I try to be respectful at night and take it easy leaving or comming home just because if I have work and I'm trying to sleep I get pissed off at the smack-offs up the road who have to hammer-down everywhere.
Old 12-29-2006, 05:17 PM

Default Re: What do your neighbors think? (bart2546)

like two or three years ago i would punch it before i get home,now the street i live on has holes and bumps, and every single person who is driving something with wheels driver fast.Van,truck,bikes,and ricer just punch it and rev it right when
they get front of my house!!!!It suck ***
I dont even drive fast anymore in front of my house.
Old 12-29-2006, 06:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What do your neighbors think? (1_SC_GSR)

I don't really have neighbors where I live, so I don't have that issue.

But I feel bad trying to pull away frm my friends houses. I know my car is loud as **** and some of my friends parents have given a scolding for it. I tell them I can't really do much about it and I try to keep it as quiet as I can, but I'm not changing my car just because it causes 30 seconds of discomfort.
Old 12-30-2006, 01:17 AM
KOBE IS GOD

Default Re: What do your neighbors think? (moops vs moors)

Damn I used to do full throttle all the way to the top of 3rd gear through my neighborhood and all the kids on there would cheer me on . Im serious too , Once some dude told me to slow down but it was no biggie. I have not done that in probably two years.
Old 12-30-2006, 02:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I've had one complaint, but after that I ignored the *** next door who tattled.

But it seems that the rest of the nieghborhood loves looking in my Garage.

If you put in it 5th gear or 4th you can get away with comming in late at night. I did it in a Supra.
Old 12-30-2006, 04:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: (MidShipCivic)

my neighbors dont care that my car is kinda loud or that occasionally ill be in the garage with the compressor at like midnight. the way my house is located im at least a few hundred feet from the nearest neighbors bedroom which is good.

they do see me working on my cars all the time and say stuff like you must reallly like doing that, which sometimes i get frustrated at but overall you gotta git r done hahahaha. the wrenchin can be frustrating but 4th gear full boost pulls make it all worth it
Old 12-30-2006, 05:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (blackeg)

I've never had any of me neighbors complain at any of my cars. I don't race or rev up my car going down the road, I close the garage door when using the impact, and I don't leave and go at odd hours if my car. I'm a youger guy who bought a house next to older working class and retired people, I don't want to make people mad enough to call the cops. Then it looks like a white trash episode of COPS.

You have to respect the people that live around you, people come home and want to rest in the peace and quiet of their house, not wake up at 2:30 in the morning by some kid with a lack of respect of anyone else.

You can tell by the threads post who are the immature kids or adults with shitty attitudes and the ones who actually have started to grow up
Old 12-30-2006, 06:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What do your neighbors think? (moops vs moors)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by moops vs moors &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">don't be an ******* and run open downpipe in your neighborhood.

One day you'll realize how lame open downpipe really is on a street car.

at least get a cutout that you can close when you get near residential areas.

I'm going to get a big rig and run up and down your street with my exhaust brake on at 3 am to show you how annoying it really is.

seriously....go outside and wave as I pass by </TD></TR></TABLE>

its a jake brake and its atleast 5x louder than a civic with open downpipe. You would **** off the next neighborhood over with that.
Old 12-30-2006, 06:48 AM

Default Re: What do your neighbors think? (93turbo16)

i live on a 100 acre farm, neighnors are far far down the road lol

Quick Reply: What do your neighbors think?