Notices

What do you guys recommend...

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2003, 08:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you guys recommend...

I just got a greddy turbo kit for a d16z6 and want to replace my pistons and rods. Which ones are the best/cheapest? Oh yeah, when it says overbore for the size as in the arias pistons, does that mean the engine needs to be bored? Thanks!
Old 12-07-2003, 09:07 AM

Default Re: What do you guys recommend... (Wish_I_Was_Fast)

So why do you want to replace your pistons and rods? Just curious since you are only running a greddy kit. How much boost are you running? What management are you using? How much power are you looking to make? With good engine management and a good tuner you can max out the greddy kits efficiency on a stock z6. We need more info.
Old 12-07-2003, 01:48 PM

Default Re: What do you guys recommend... (norcalcrx)

sorry about that . Ok, I'm going to keep the boost at stock levels for awhile I guess. But I eventually want to turn it up and go with the AEM computer system. As for now though and just getting the kit on, all the internals will be fine with 100K miles? I asked for a walbro fuel pump and johnny racecar intercooler for christmas. What's left then, just bov and intercooler piping? thanks for the help
Old 12-07-2003, 01:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What do you guys recommend... (Wish_I_Was_Fast)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Wish_I_Was_Fast &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sorry about that . Ok, I'm going to keep the boost at stock levels for awhile I guess. But I eventually want to turn it up and go with the AEM computer system. As for now though and just getting the kit on, all the internals will be fine with 100K miles? I asked for a walbro fuel pump and johnny racecar intercooler for christmas. What's left then, just bov and intercooler piping? thanks for the help
</TD></TR></TABLE>

My stock block has about 110k on it and I am boosting 13lbs wiht a big T3/T4. You don't need to upgrade the internals on a greddy kit. Just turn up the boost and get Hondata or AEM.

I use hondata and tuned it all myself.
Old 12-07-2003, 01:58 PM

Default Re: What do you guys recommend... (ladysman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ladysman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

My stock block has about 110k on it and I am boosting 13lbs wiht a big T3/T4. You don't need to upgrade the internals on a greddy kit. Just turn up the boost and get Hondata or AEM.

I use hondata and tuned it all myself.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's cool, I didn't think the internals could hold that. this is probably a stupid question but what's the best way to get into hondata? I live in central Ohio and I doubt a lot of people can tune that. thanks for your help.