Notices

what to do? sell turbo kit or keep it and finish the project... advice needed!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2005, 12:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what to do? sell turbo kit or keep it and finish the project... advice needed!

Im stuck thinking of my two options.. over the coarse of 6 months i have worked my *** off saving up and building a turbo kit part for part.. and in the beginning i was like "hell yeah turbo!" but the closer i get to turboing my car.. the more conservative i get. Now im scared of reliability issues and frequent problems.. I drive a 95 ls teg with 116k bone stock btw. or i can sell the turbo kit, paint my car, and make it clean. which in the long run will be a hell of alot more reliable and an all around nice car. or i can continue and finish the turbo kit, have fun, and keep up with the maintence for reliability, which in the long run costs alot more and not guaranteed 100%. I do plan on bigger injectors and tuning in the future for sure if i do turbo but for now i was going to run an fmu and inline pump just to get the car running.. afterall i am putting the turbo on with a friend and dont have the timing or the means of towing my car to a shop for tuning. SO what would yall do? does anyone have any input.. whats yalls experiences with turbo hondas? I have researched, read and researched some more on turbos, reliability, and my motor, so i have put my time in the forums but need some personal input and advice that may lead me in the best direction for my particulair situation. Thanks and no flaming please