Notices

WHAT do i have to do to get my jackson racing supercharger to run correctly?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2004, 06:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHAT do i have to do to get my jackson racing supercharger to run correctly?

Okay, my check engine light is STILL ON and my idle is still fluctuating up to 1000rpm. If you didn't read my last posts, my check engine light was on because of my knock sensor, and Idle air control, and i replaced BOTH of those, and got a new throttle body. My idle is at it AGAIN, fluctuating like there's no tomorrow. The car runs AWESOME and is very quick, but when you come to a stoplight, the idle is terrible, and my exhaust is sounding a little funny too. Does anyone have any suggestions or answers?

Info: 99 Honda Civic EX D16Y8
Edelbrock throttle body
Edelbrock headers
Jackson Racing Catalytic Converter
Jackson Racing Supercharger
K&N typhoon Intake
Dynomax Exhaust
New O2 sensor, Knock Sensor and Idle air Control valve/motor
Old 05-15-2004, 07:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: WHAT do i have to do to get my jackson racing supercharger to run correctly? (CivicExJRSuperchar

what are you using as fuel management?
Old 05-15-2004, 07:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: WHAT do i have to do to get my jackson racing supercharger to run correctly? (CivicExJRSuperchar

Has the idle been fluctating since you installed the charger? Most likely a vacuum leak, either a hose was misplaced, slit open, the charger needs retorqueing to the manifold, you didnt get the blower gasket on right, etc.
Old 05-15-2004, 08:45 AM

there was a vacuum leak, but there isn't anymore. The supercharger IS the intake manifold, it's all one piece. I have a jackson racing fuel pressure regulator that came with the supercharger, that's it
Old 06-04-2004, 08:42 AM
Trial User

Do u have a line running from ur sc to ur valve cover? kinda like a cold air intake has a line running from it to the valve cover. Or do u just have a filter on it?
Old 06-04-2004, 11:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

not sure on the Civics, but the IAC and throttle body connectors may be mixed up. Are you sure they are correct? Those two on my GSR are next to each other, and when dirty, look the same.