Notices

westcoast turbo problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2006, 05:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default westcoast turbo problems

I'm posting for a friend, who is a h-t noob, but tried to buy a turbo from westcoast turbo...

Vendor: http://www.westcoast-turbo.com

Product: T3/T4 hybrid turbo

Feedback: Horrible customer service. Poor website. Has paypal listed under methods of payment, but no provisions to pay with paypal upon checkout. Had to pay with electronic check option. Placed order 1/5/06, and waited. Nothing happened for a week, so I tried to call them. Noone ever answers the phone, and eventually the mail box was full so I couldnt leave any more messages (beyond the three I left regarding my outstanding order). Two weeks later they email me and tell me the electronic check option does not work. They asked if I had alternative methods of ordering, which I had obtained within the 2 weeks from the original order date. Tried to call back to pay with a mastercard, but noone answered the phones again and the mailbox was full so I emailed them requesting my entire order to be cancelled. Had to put a stop payment on my electronic check ($32) and 2 weeks of downtime on my car.
Old 01-22-2006, 05:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: westcoast turbo problems (igo4bmx)

Hey, thanks.. thats me.. I guess I can post in here now.

But yeah, thats the rundown on what happened.

I suppose I couldve lucked out, got someone on the phone and re-ordered with a CC.. but if they take two weeks to tell me the method of payment I used doesn't work... how long will it take to assemble a turbo and ship it?

Not worth the hassle when there are as many online retailers as there are.
Old 01-22-2006, 05:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: westcoast turbo problems (cams1021)

You win some and you lose some. Prices are pretty decent thats maybe why things didnt go so great (too good to be true). Its nice to see people that actually have expierence with companies that are shady and dont respect the buyers that they advertise to. More people will see this and realize whats going on. I am just interested in seeing if anyone else had had bad expierences with them???

Hope things go better for you, and dont let it deture you from buying from some of the great sellers that are on H-T
Old 01-22-2006, 08:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: R.I.P Brian Arbogast...you will be missed, maryland, USA

wow i was going to buy a turbo from them for a buddy
Old 01-22-2006, 09:32 PM

I hate seeing this happen. I know it is a hassle sometimes, but contact your prospective vendor before purchasing, find out if your desired part is in stock and insist on a tracking number in a reasonable amount of time. Sometimes the $5-$10 you save going through a cheaper vendor may prove to cost you days of downtime when another shop can give you the proper customer service you deserve, and the product you need. Good luck, and I hope it works out for you.

Someone correct me if I am mistaken, but I believe that company you tried to purchase through only sells rebuilt turbos, not new. Why get a rebuilt when you can get the same turbo for $75-80 more?
Old 01-23-2006, 07:58 AM

Default Re: westcoast turbo problems (RogueWorks)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RogueWorks &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Someone correct me if I am mistaken, but I believe that company you tried to purchase through only sells rebuilt turbos, not new. Why get a rebuilt when you can get the same turbo for $75-80 more?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Where can you get new ones for that cheap besides ssautochrome?
Old 01-23-2006, 08:10 AM

Default Re: westcoast turbo problems (bebfsu1)

Uh, not really supposed to advertise in this forum, but l we have the Garrett T3/TO4E 57 trim .63 a/r in stock for $565 shipped right now. New in box.
Old 01-23-2006, 08:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I purchased my IC piping from them and it was supposed to be shipped on the 16th and get here on the 20th. 20th came and went and no IC piping. I check my order on FedEx's site and it has been processed but never picked up. I had emailed em last friday and they told me they would get back to me today but to no avail. No idea what the hell is going on with the piping nor so I knwo if it has ever been picked up and FedEx's site is screwy.
Old 01-23-2006, 11:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: westcoast turbo problems (1337 Si)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by igo4bmx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm posting for a friend, who is a h-t noob, but tried to buy a turbo from westcoast turbo...
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes, I appologize for the inconvenience igo4bmx, between us getting slammed with orders from our Christmas special and one of my main guys leaving me, we didn't have enough people to answer every phone call. As far as the check, we don't charge anyone untill your order ships so it would have been much easier to email us to tell us to cancel your order than for you to be out of the money for the stop-check fee, but I understand. I also told you that we would give you the $32 off of your order if you wanted to order it and I still stand behind that. Again I'm truly sorry for the inconvenience. If there's anything I can do for you, just let me know.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1337 Si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I purchased my IC piping from them and it was supposed to be shipped on the 16th and get here on the 20th. 20th came and went and no IC piping. I check my order on FedEx's site and it has been processed but never picked up. I had emailed em last friday and they told me they would get back to me today but to no avail. No idea what the hell is going on with the piping nor so I knwo if it has ever been picked up and FedEx's site is screwy.</TD></TR></TABLE>

4 of our packages that went out last week got delayed. Check your tracking # it should be updated.

Thank you,

-Theo
Old 01-24-2006, 02:44 AM

Default Re: westcoast turbo problems (used2baracer)

talking about customer service, how many companies will take off 32 dollars, seems like a good deal to me...
Old 01-24-2006, 08:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: westcoast turbo problems (zeroice)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by zeroice &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">talking about customer service, how many companies will take off 32 dollars, seems like a good deal to me... </TD></TR></TABLE>
Not trying to knock anyone, but customer service is delivering the product you sold on time, and answering your phone messages and emails. This sounds more like damage control. I tend to deal with vendors that have items in stock, and are easy to get in touch with. I learned this lesson a long time ago when I used to shop based solely on price, but now I'll spend the extra $20 or whatever to know that I'll get my product on time without a hitch. Just my take.
Old 01-24-2006, 11:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: westcoast turbo problems (bluebullet)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bluebullet &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Not trying to knock anyone, but customer service is delivering the product you sold on time, and answering your phone messages and emails. This sounds more like damage control. I tend to deal with vendors that have items in stock, and are easy to get in touch with. I learned this lesson a long time ago when I used to shop based solely on price, but now I'll spend the extra $20 or whatever to know that I'll get my product on time without a hitch. Just my take.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Emails get returned within 24 hours - everyone knows what happened with the phones - I even went on the site and asked everyone to allow 2-3 weeks for delivery because we were short handed. We were waiting on his check to clear, and I told them that. We don't have markups/profit margins like full-race, other big shops so we can hire people to just sit around and answer phones. We do this because we are enthusiasts and because we love the scene - we are not out to make a bunch of money - just to offer an option for people who can't/don't want to pay $6-7-800 for a turbo.

We didn't "sell" anything to this person. First of all we don't charge anything untill the item ships, just because we build every order individually, and I don't want to hold someone elses money for something we haven't delivered. The customers check got declined so it got pushed to the side while we waited for it to clear (personaly checks usually take 5 or more business days to clear). After we saw it didn't clear, we contacted him and the person he's representing (who by the way was very understanding/patient through the whole matter.)

People who have dealt with me individually as well as my company know I will and have always gone out of my way to help a customer and have done so many times. My question is why go through all of this mess trying to make us look bad when I offered him different methods to resolve the problem. Why not just order somewhere else and pay the extra "$20" as bluebullet suggest instead of wasting everyones time?

I appologize if I come off rude in this post, that is not my intention.

Old 01-24-2006, 01:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks for the response bro.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i ordered a intercooler and piping from them early last week, ill let everyone know how my experience goes. so far, they have replied my email in a timely matter regarding getting a tracking #. they informed me that i will recieve an email monday, when my order is shipped out, with a tracking #.
Old 01-30-2006, 09:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Jose.)

yah i got my tracking number too should be here on the first
cant wait!!!
Old 01-31-2006, 10:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jose. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i ordered a intercooler and piping from them early last week, ill let everyone know how my experience goes. so far, they have replied my email in a timely matter regarding getting a tracking #. they informed me that i will recieve an email monday, when my order is shipped out, with a tracking #.</TD></TR></TABLE>

emailed them about an one to two hours ago because i have not recieved a tracking # yet. have not got a respones as of yet.

Old 01-31-2006, 10:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Forgot to add, I got my piping last Saturday.
Old 01-31-2006, 03:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

just recieved my tracking #, but still no info on the package from the fedex web site.
Old 02-01-2006, 06:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

WOOHOO

Ship date
Jan 31, 2006

Estimated delivery
Feb 3, 2006

Old 02-01-2006, 07:04 AM
at the jetties fishin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by used2baracer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

First of all we don't charge anything untill the item ships, just because we build every order individually, and I don't want to hold someone elses money for something we haven't delivered. </TD></TR></TABLE>

just curious since I was checking out your site earlier where I got the link in someone's post...but, why dont you also try to build some to have sitting on the shelf in the more popular combos??

and where do you get all these rebuildable cores from?? I understand if you cant answer that one for proprietary info purposes but being able to carry "some" stock and having the ability to ship that out sooner would probably help your business a bit.
Old 02-01-2006, 07:35 AM

Default Re: westcoast turbo problems (stackz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by stackz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

just curious since I was checking out your site earlier where I got the link in someone's post...but, why dont you also try to build some to have sitting on the shelf in the more popular combos??

and where do you get all these rebuildable cores from?? I understand if you cant answer that one for proprietary info purposes but being able to carry "some" stock and having the ability to ship that out sooner would probably help your business a bit.</TD></TR></TABLE>

most people dont wanan do this . esp companies 1st starting out they dont wanna put as much overhead into it and kinda float bills if they can and or use other peoples money to purchase parts before its sent out .. kinda how things work . its how wirespeedlab went down i believe.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:04 AM
at the jetties fishin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: westcoast turbo problems (project dc2)

yeah, I know people dont like overhead that much. My friend operates his shop the exact same way, uses the profits from the first purchases back into his buying power for more product to sell...

but aside from economics101, bad user feedback like this, especially on such a largely browsed one like this, can break a small company twice as fast as dealing with stagnant stock on the shelf which can always be liquidated through sales.
Old 02-01-2006, 04:32 PM

Default Re: westcoast turbo problems (stackz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by stackz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah, I know people dont like overhead that much. My friend operates his shop the exact same way, uses the profits from the first purchases back into his buying power for more product to sell...

but aside from economics101, bad user feedback like this, especially on such a largely browsed one like this, can break a small company twice as fast as dealing with stagnant stock on the shelf which can always be liquidated through sales.</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol i definaltey know how it feels to have **** sittin on the shelf. but it helps a lot when people come in and want it right away. i got about 15K sitting on my shelves in parts. and about 10K in raw material but it definatley puts me on top of the game when it comes to havin **** in stock and not having to wait for people/things
Old 02-01-2006, 04:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: westcoast turbo problems (project dc2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by project dc2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">most people dont wanan do this . esp companies 1st starting out they dont wanna put as much overhead into it and kinda float bills if they can and or use other peoples money to purchase parts before its sent out .. kinda how things work . its how wirespeedlab went down i believe.</TD></TR></TABLE>

don't forget the terrible spending habits they had
Old 02-03-2006, 10:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

my wife just called to inform me that my intercooler is in. too bad i get off at 6pm=(

Quick Reply: westcoast turbo problems