Notices

Well the FAST EMS is hooked up, just kinda of acting up, details inside, need advice from FAST owner

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 06:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well the FAST EMS is hooked up, just kinda of acting up, details inside, need advice from FAST owner

Well I was just messing with the FAST today since it is all hooked up and was just checking to see how it would read some parameters. Well I haven't started the car with it yet but I already noticed some probs. I used a honda tb and it shows 11 percent went shut and 91 percent wide open? I couldn't find anything to change with settings so I am not sure how to fix that, previous owner was using a Ford throttle body. Battery voltage showed 2.5v and I measured it with a multimeter outside and it showed 12.08, so thats wrong. I had the IAT hooked up but it just showed negative 5.3F and its about 90 degress outside. Have any ideas on what is going on? Thanks
Old 06-29-2006, 01:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Well the FAST EMS is hooked up, just kinda of acting up, details inside, need advice from FAST o

bump
Old 06-29-2006, 08:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Well the FAST EMS is hooked up, just kinda of acting up, details inside, need advice from FAST o

any ideas?
Old 06-29-2006, 09:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Maybe you could try adjusting your TPS and see if you can zero it in. The bat voltage and IAT, I dont know, bad connections in the harness maybe. You are looking at actual battery voltage and not some kind of sensor voltage or correction or something right?
Old 06-29-2006, 10:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yea that is bat volt for sure, I dunno, starting to worry me.
Old 06-29-2006, 10:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Id start with checking the connections.
Old 06-30-2006, 03:34 AM

i dont even use the iac on my fast. Darryl my new motor will be in soon. i cant belive no one has picked yours up yet.
Old 06-30-2006, 05:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

not the IAC, the Intake Air Temprature sensor is the one I am referring to.
Old 06-30-2006, 06:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

dont worry about it showing 11 percent closed, fast does that there are no corrections. Just adjust accordingly in the throttle position portion of the calabration. When hooked up you will see a straight line at around 11 percent, just zero out the tps positon fueling then add *** need ed after that line.... unless you need to add a significant amount right at the throttle oppening.... as far as iat, maybe wired backwards?is it a gm or a honda? as far as battery voltage, fast needs to be hooked directly to battery, if you are reading 2.5 either you have a ground issue,or a connection issue between it and the battery.... good luck
Old 06-30-2006, 02:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I was fixing to post to ask Jason Hunt but it looks like he already did.
Old 06-30-2006, 03:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok, so don't worry about the 11percent deal with the tps, I am assuming it did it with yours? I have the FAST connected directly to the battery but I will just check the connection and make sure it is a good one. Can I use the Honda IAT, I would rather wire that in then bung my intercooler piping for the gm one that I got with it, are they the same type of sensor/output? I know they are both two wire sensors so If the honda one is compatable I will just use that. Will the tps signal still act that way if I use a Ford tb and would that be more ideal for use with this system. Thanks alot guys, slowly getting this thing figured out.
Old 06-30-2006, 07:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ttt
Old 06-30-2006, 10:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you can use the honda iat, it just reads about 10 degrees higher then the gm I believe.... as far as ford tps, that will be fines, I hvae used honda, gm and ford tps's with fast all no problem, but rarely do I see lower than 10 percent throttle, when the t-body plate is fully closed....if battery voltage still reads low, see how it reads with the car running, if it stays the same something might be wrong with the fast, or you charging system....
Old 07-01-2006, 05:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

your the man Jason, I will try the Honda IAT and let you know how it goes. I will also check the power and ground connections as well.
Old 07-01-2006, 03:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well I wired in my honda IAT and it works great, everything seems to be a go except the Bat Voltage. I haven't tried it yet with it started so not totally sure but I did kill the power to it and it went from 2.5v to 0 before it died so It is trying to do something, lol. I will let you know how it acts when the car is running.