Notices

welding 4 bolt garrett flange to a downpipe

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2003, 07:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default welding 4 bolt garrett flange to a downpipe

i have a revhard downpipe right now and it has a 5 bolt pattern on it. I am using a Garrett turbo (4-bolt design) so today, i brought my revhard downpipe and my 4-bolt garrett flange (that i bought off cheapturbos.com) .

when i got there and told them i wanted them to cut off the 5-bolt flange and weld on my 4 bolt one. BUT he asked me "can u tell me EXACTLY how u want me to place the 4-bolt flange before i weld it". cause if he welds the 4 bolt flange and the 4 holes dont match up with the garrett turbo's pattern exactly, it wont fit and ill be stuck. so does anyone have a picture of their downppipe WITH the 4-bolt flaneg on that was used on a b-series honda/acura. this is going on a 2000 integra gsr.

I am just worried cause I have to clock the turbo still when i do my install and im not sure if i will be turning the compressor side.

does anyone understand me? im just frustrated cause my install begins 2m and im short on time. any help would be great. and the SEARCH function isnt working right now for me. due to the updating of server or whatever.
Old 03-24-2003, 08:34 PM

Default Re: welding 4 bolt garrett flange to a downpipe (Tru Dynamix)

"can u tell me EXACTLY how u want me to place the 4-bolt flange before i weld it". cause if he welds the 4 bolt flange and the 4 holes dont match up with the garrett turbo's pattern exactly, it wont fit and ill be stuck. so does anyone have a picture of their downppipe WITH the 4-bolt flaneg on that was used on a b-series honda/acura. this is going on a 2000 integra gsr.

I.
ttats not gonna help you any, pics arent gonna help cuz hhe cant eyeball it tanad hope its right, your gonna need to bring it there for them to do, unless you have a spare motor to use as a jig.
Old 03-24-2003, 09:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: welding 4 bolt garrett flange to a downpipe (project dc2)

it wont line up right, you're gonna have to modify the downpipe, the turbo sits different, its pushed farther over than a 5 bolt flange. take the whole car and have them fit it for you
Old 03-24-2003, 09:52 PM

Default Re: welding 4 bolt garrett flange to a downpipe (Mase)

take the whole car
and have them fitted for me.

this brings me to my next questions.

is it even possible to drive a car WITHOUT a downpipe hooked up? like maybe 10 miles to the nearest muffler shop..i kinda doubt it..but how else would anyone get their car to a muffler shop to have the shop customize my downpipe?

[Modified by Tru Dynamix, 7:07 AM 3/25/2003]
Old 03-24-2003, 10:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: welding 4 bolt garrett flange to a downpipe (Tru Dynamix)

off topic email me at pinoy41569@aol.com my friend is interested on them coilovers if you still have them
Old 03-24-2003, 10:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: welding 4 bolt garrett flange to a downpipe (Mase)

Mase knows. He was involved in a military style strike against a 4 bolt turbo that didn't want to fit on his motor!
Old 03-24-2003, 11:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: welding 4 bolt garrett flange to a downpipe (Hatchblack)

Mase knows. He was involved in a military style strike against a 4 bolt turbo that didn't want to fit on his motor!

haha damn straight, but its all good, after all that pain and suffereing, its all done.

I answered your PM, but ill post anyways. What i did....I took the car to the welder before the turbo install, i dropped the stock header, then threw on the turbo and manifold, fitted and welded the downpipe, then took the turbo off, and slapped back on my stock header, and drove home, and then did the install at home