Notices

Water Injection

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2004, 08:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water Injection

ok my t3/t4 takes a whiel to spool so my buddy told em ab wate rinjection, more vapor would make it spool faster. Any body know anythign about this, how easy it is to install, effectiveness? and webites? thanks.
Old 07-25-2004, 08:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Water Injection (TegRaceR98)

I searched in archived content and found 85 threads on this subject.
Old 07-25-2004, 08:53 AM

Ya but maybe he just doesn't know about the search button. Anyways, water injection from what I've heard(From 2 professional shops) is a nice theory except for the fact that it's water and will cause problems with your engine internals
Old 07-25-2004, 09:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ILLICON3000)

water injction will NOT make a turbo spool faster.
Old 07-25-2004, 10:31 AM

nor will it cause problems with your engine internals.
Old 07-25-2004, 11:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Water injection is used to lower the charge-air temperatures. When the fine water-mist evaporates in the carge-pipe/intake manifold/head/combustion chamber, it steals heat from the air, thus lowering the carge-air-temp. This is a common mod on Cosworths, Volvos and other turbo-cars here in Norway. Some people report that pre-ignition/detonation occured on 1,2 bar, and with the water-injection they could boost almost 2 bar before detonation/pre-ingition once again occured.
Old 07-25-2004, 11:49 AM

Default Re: (ILLICON3000)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ILLICON3000 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ya but maybe he just doesn't know about the search button. Anyways, water injection from what I've heard(From 2 professional shops) is a nice theory except for the fact that it's water and will cause problems with your engine internals</TD></TR></TABLE>

this should help then. Now no more excuses. https://honda-tech.com/zerosearch
Old 07-25-2004, 12:18 PM

Default Re: (tegmech)

Whats the obsession with the search button? There might be people registered now that have some better info than whats saved in the archive.

Water injection seems to be used with some success, there are a few snags still, one is to keep the water clean so that it doesn't glog up the jets. Another with pump reliability, I believe aquamist has solved the problems with their pumps. Personally I might just try it out, however will go for a "direct port" setup to make sure there is a even distribution of water going into each cylinder.

have a look at these 2 links:

http://www.noswizard.com
http://www.aquamist.co.uk
There is one currently going on ebay as well.
Old 01-12-2005, 08:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Water Injection (TegRaceR98)

scammer
Old 01-12-2005, 08:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Water Injection (STREETWERKZ)

i run water injection on my car and have no problems with detonation.
Old 01-12-2005, 09:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Boostage)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boostage &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">water injction will NOT make a turbo spool faster.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Correct.

The amount of heat energy in your exhaust charge dictates expansion once the charge has exited the chamber. Expansion turning into good old fashion volume flow, which is what drives the turbine. Ask yourself, what expands more when we compare mass per joule of energy? A liquid such as water, or a gas? Gas, everytime. If you're injecting your water before the boost event - or too soon into it - you're going to lose flow that would otherwise spool the turbo.

However, there are several thousand examples of water (and water/diluent) injection increasing power, mpg, and bsfc... at part throttle. Don't let that confuse you - those guys, and those studies, are interested in something other than all out power.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nevin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">nor will it cause problems with your engine internals.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Correct.

You inject it into the chamber during boost event. It does not stick around any more than the water that is naturally produced during the combustion reaction does.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Oyvind Ryeng &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Water injection is used to lower the charge-air temperatures. When the fine water-mist evaporates in the carge-pipe/intake manifold/head/combustion chamber, it steals heat from the air, thus lowering the carge-air-temp. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Meep. Sort of.

While you may or may not see some IAT drop, the main purpose is that water absorbs more energy, by volume, than gas. It sucks up all the excess heat - always remember past a certain point heat is detonation - that would otherwise cause detonation, and carries it outside the combustion chamber.

However, kinda sorta on your note of charge temp drop, peruse Grumpy's 7th injector in place of intercooler mod on his GN. Veddy innarresting! http://www.gnttype.org/techare....html

Old 01-12-2005, 09:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (J. Davis)

yes my thoughts exactly.