Notices

Wastegate and Emmissions?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2002, 06:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wastegate and Emmissions?

Is the wastegate the main reason for people failing the visual inspection for emmissions??? If it is, can't you just have the wategate set up so that instead of dumping that sick **** into the air, it just dumps it back into the exhaust system??? Then you would pass the visual inspection, right??? Is my thinkin correct??? Basically what i wanna do is have a DRAG 3 turbo, and then have a pipe goin from the wastegate back into the downpipe? I figure anything is possible, but is what i am thinkin going to work??
Old 01-08-2002, 06:34 PM
New User

Default Re: Wastegate and Emmissions? (Adampops)

your idea has already been thought of,this process is called closed loop.
having another pipe going from the wastegate to the downpipe makes thecar really quite
Old 01-08-2002, 06:40 PM

Default Re: Wastegate and Emmissions? (Turbo_Teg)

Will it let me pass the visual inspection of emmissions though???? Cuz i was thinkin that the only reason a turbo car would fail the visual test is cuz of the wastegate dumps all that **** air into the atmosphere without going through anything to break it down. So if i made a pipe going from the wategate to the downpipe, all that air will be going through my cat., which will mean that all air coming from the engine will be broken down so that its not all that bad anymore. Am i right??
Old 01-08-2002, 08:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Wastegate and Emmissions? (Adampops)

depends on the guy doing the smog test..if u go to a tech. thats been working with ur car for quite a while..no problem long as it pass s the sniffer..big problem is that they most techs. are reluctant to pass a vechicle with do it urself jobs..