Notices

wanting to start build?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 08:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wanting to start build?

well im going to be building up my engine over feb-april and im planning on some boost. I am going to be getting a t3 with mani and all the stuff from a local shop, but for the engine my friend who is a acura technition will be rebuilding the motor with me.
for my internals i will be running something around this i want to post it to get some ideas from you guys and see what u should/need to change. i need to think it over a lot and built it once not 3+ times. i am on a small budjet like 1500-1800$ thats TOTAL money. the car still needs body work and ill have to buy misc. things. I want to run 5 Psi daily and 7-9 when i want to drive hard. and i may want to bump it up to 12 sometime down the road. this cad will be my DD and it must not break down all the time. here is what i want to do right now but i need ideas and help.

-b18a1 block
- ls connecting rods
- ls crank
- BBK intake mani
- exedy stage 2 clutch *have*
-for the head
http://www.honda-performance.com/valve-train.asp

thats what im sure i want right now i have a set of PR3 pistons and the copression will be to high for boost right?
what pistons should i get? and i also want ideas on cams and is this is a good head kit http://www.honda-performance.com/valve-train.asp

my goals for this project are to build this car up *it is my first import and my first car that was not just handed to me* so i would like to make is nice i would like to see it but down maybe a high 12 or low 13 quarter. i just want a nice fast car that i can have fun driving it and working on it.

theres stuff that im missing for sure that i will think of later.
ANY ideas or input would be great.