Notices

Walbro/aftermarket fuel pump connections: did you solder or crimp?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2005, 09:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Walbro/aftermarket fuel pump connections: did you solder or crimp?

Hi guys,

I think that this week I'm gonna start installing my turbo stuff into my B18C/CRX. The first thing I'll be doing is swapping out my stock fuel pump for my Walbro HP 355lph.

But I wanted to know what you guys did for your fuel pump wiring. Did you crimp on the new fuel pump connector to your stock wiring or did you solder it on? If you guys crimped did you have problems with the fuel pump cutting out?

let me know:

crimped or soldered...no problems or problems, etc

thanks
Old 05-28-2005, 09:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Walbro/aftermarket fuel pump connections: did you solder or crimp? (BlueShadow)

If you're talking about the 255 intank pump, there's no crimping or soldering involved if you're using the stock fuel pump wires. It's drop-in fit.
Old 05-28-2005, 09:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Walbro/aftermarket fuel pump connections: did you solder or crimp? (turtle-eg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turtle-eg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you're talking about the 255 intank pump, there's no crimping or soldering involved if you're using the stock fuel pump wires. It's drop-in fit.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Not for all cars, some cars (4G Civics/CRXs) require you to crimp or solder on a custom plug. Not sure which other cars need this, probably 2G Tegs.
Old 05-28-2005, 09:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Walbro/aftermarket fuel pump connections: did you solder or crimp? (BlueShadow)

mine just clipped in in my 5th gen but I always solder and heatshirink everything like that so Id solder it if I were you
Old 05-28-2005, 10:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Walbro/aftermarket fuel pump connections: did you solder or crimp? (N20civicB18)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by N20civicB18 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">mine just clipped in in my 5th gen but I always solder and heatshirink everything like that so Id solder it if I were you</TD></TR></TABLE>

yah that's what I thought too. I'm just afraid my soldering job wont hold up.

Anyone else? for those of you that have installed pumps into your cars did you solder or crimp? only looking for an answer that is one of the two. I do know that there are cars out there that are plug and play. But letting me know that it plugs into your car doesn't help me cause I have a CRX.
Old 05-28-2005, 10:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I sodered miens for my G2 teg. you always haeeat shrink wrap it afterwards.
Old 05-29-2005, 03:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Tchleung)

I've heard its good to upgrade the power and ground wiring to the fuel pump to allow it to get higher voltage and put out its maximum flow?
Old 05-29-2005, 07:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (LeGeND4LiFe)

Ppl do that all the time in Talons etc. I've only heard a few stories of people doing it to their Hondas. It wouldn't hurt.
Old 05-29-2005, 11:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Tchleung)

soldering is very easy, twist the wires together heat the bare wire up till its very hot and apply the solder, you can tell if its got good penitration or if it looks like it will just fall off, when its good bend the soldered part parellel to the wires and put the heat shrink over then shrink it with a lighter or something good luck