Notices

VORTECH BOV QUESTIONS

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 05:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VORTECH BOV QUESTIONS

i have a 94 hatch with a b16a and a vortech supercharger....i had a friend of mine help me with putting the charger on and everything is good but i heard there is a way to put a BOV on a vortech.......i did a search but couldnt find anything helpful.......im just wondering if there is any benefits to this or if it is just simply to hear it?.....also what BOV will fit on my application?.....i appreciate the help case im still learning on this wholse FI thing below i have posted a picture of the exact same motor and set up but when it was in my 94 coupe...thanks for the help.........

Old 03-08-2008, 06:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: VORTECH BOV QUESTIONS (HatchWithBlades)

you already have a valve. Why do you need a different one? if you want to hear it, just don't recirculate it. But it does look like where your is hooked up it is flanged with the greddy,vortech,maxrev...flange, so you could potentially bolt on a bunch of different ones
Old 03-08-2008, 08:57 PM

Default Re: VORTECH BOV QUESTIONS (Bailhatch)

The vortech kit usually comes with a Vortech BOV, and it will bolt right where you have it routed back in the intake track. You will have the same benifits from a BOV the Vortech as you would with a turbo set up, reduced compressor surge.
Old 03-08-2008, 09:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: VORTECH BOV QUESTIONS (HatchWithBlades)

Ricers bolt BOV's only so they can hear it. Racers bolt it up to reduce compressor surge (protect their turbo), which by design helps keep the compressor from stalling.

If you already have a bypass valve of some sort in place (small tube going from SC outlet to SC inlet), then you don't really need to upgrade unless you're getting compressor surge. Since its just 8psi, and you only get that near redline, I'd doubt you're going to be stressing anything but a tiny valve.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:43 AM

Default Re: VORTECH BOV QUESTIONS (HiProfile)

right on thanks guys for the help i was just wonderin what my options were and all that stuff.......i appreciate the help.....i know a little bit about a little bit but honda-tech knows alot about alot.........thanks again